Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Because she is to blame for Henry having taken the apple turnover, yes it was Henry's decision to take it but had she not tried to put Emma under, Henry wouldn't have had access to the one thing that could prove that he was not crazy like Regina had made him feel like he was.
Yes, indirectly, Regina carries blame in what happened to Henry because the apple turnover made Henry suceptible to the sleeping curse after effects even though Emma was her intended target. And then Emma worked with Regina to find a way to save Henry, which lead to true love's kiss breaking the curse, waking Henry in the process. Then, in the premiere, Emma shoved Regina out of the way when the wraith came after her, sending Emma through the portal instead.

But that's not what I was taking away from that scene - Emma referring to just the turnover incident. Emma expressed some guilt over not believing Henry, which did lead to the apple turnover incident. Snow pointed out they could go in circles in where the blame is to start (which was a very good point to make). But what the heck does Regina have to do with their current predicament and getting back to SB?! That's what it sounded like Emma was doing, blaming Regina for everything, the reason they were stuck where they are.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Emma and Snow not wanting to give up the compass - I kept waiting for them to point out the obvious reasons for not giving it up -

1) Because Cora is so trustworthy and hasn't shown any tendency to, say, massacre entire villages to further her plans. Sure, we trust her to hand over the compass and not slaughter all four heroines once they're in her reach.

2) We don't know how many people will get slaughtered if Cora makes it to SB but we can bet it'll be a lot, just like it was in the village. Snow's a princess. She knows what it's like to be willing to die to save her people - and she knows what it's like to have to make the decisions that mean some people die in a war so that others live.

Mulan - What kind of warrior is she? OK, she promised Philip and she loved him. But she should realize Cora might still kill Aurora - and that they had enough time to consider options. In 28 years, she's never been faced with having to think before she acts before?

Hook - I'm not a Hook fan, but he may be tricking Cora. Emma had a weird look on her face that could have been because Hook saved Aurora - or it could be because Emma can tell if people are lying. I don't know how it works on people who've lost their hearts, but Emma may know something's up (I've got to rewatch and see what Aurora said and how it balanced with the actual truth).

The Regina Comment - This was the kind of line that normally you would expect to be delivered humorously. Two heroes discussing their guilt, trying to talk each other out of feeling guilty. Then, one says, "Let's blame the villain. This is all his/her fault." But, it's said in a more serious tone and it underscores how viewer perspective - and David and Henry's perspective - on the villains is changing because of things Snow and Emma don't know anything about. That line would have rung a lot more true at the end of S1 than it does now halfway through S2. Even if you think Regina will always be Snow's enemy, it's not exactly a comfortable thing to hear the heroes saying.

Henry - He's awesome - and does anyone doubt he's going to look for David as soon as he falls asleep?

Last edited by Kelaine; 11-25-2012 at 08:24 PM
Old 11-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't really take Emma blaming Regina as her talking about being stuck in FTL. I thought it just meant everything that's gone wrong for that family can be traced back to Regina. Whether it's current like the turnover or past like the curse that caused Emma to grow up alone.

Last edited by Stuffy; 11-25-2012 at 08:25 PM
Old 11-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We don't know how many people will get slaughtered if Cora makes it to SB but we can bet it'll be a lot, just like it was in the village. Snow's a princess. She knows what it's like to be willing to die to save her people - and she knows what it's like to have to make the decisions that mean some people die in a war so that others live.
All true. It is dangerous for Cora to get the compass. But the episode didn't indicate that Emma and Snow's primary concern was making sure that Cora didn't get the compass in order to spare tons of other lives on the other side. The main agenda, in this episode, was about them being able to get back home, that's all. That was my problem in the episode, the implication that them getting back home was all that mattered, even more than Aurora being spared. Now, if next week, I see them willing to sacrifice getting back home to SB, if it'll mean keeping Cora out of SB, and thus, sparing everyone else her evil wrath, okay, then yes. I will change my tune about this and have a new perspective once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuffy (View Post)
I didn't take it as Regina being blamed solely for them being stuck in Storybrooke. I took it as Emma meaning everything. Her growing up alone plus the poison turnover. Also they are stuck there because they were defending Regina against a wraith due to her ticking off Rumple.
Yeah, that's how I took it, her being blamed for everything. Which isn't true - and they should know some of this by now, which is why Snow made that valid point about placing the blame in circles. I mean, look at the flow chart, lol, Emma and Snow can blame Regina, Regina can turn around and blame Cora and Rumple, Rumple likes to hide behind Regina, he can turn around and blame his unfaithful wife for his set of circumstances, and then Zoso for tricking him etc. etc.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 11-25-2012 at 08:28 PM
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Really enjoyed the episode!

Loved the snowing scene! So nice to have a scene again!

Loved Aurora being badass! And getting to see Hook be a bit more of a villain.

So when rumple was talking about the ink I wasn't the only one to think about Ursula right?

Really good enjoyable episode though!

Quote:
All true. It is dangerous for Cora to get the compass. But the episode didn't indicate that Emma and Snow's primary concern was making sure that Cora didn't get the compass in order to spare tons of other lives on the other side. The main agenda, in this episode, was about them being able to get back home, that's all. That was my problem in the episode, the implication that them getting back home was all that mattered, even more than Aurora being spared. Now, if next week, I see them willing to sacrifice getting back home to SB, if it'll mean keeping Cora out of SB, and thus, sparing everyone else her evil wrath.
Yeah that kinda rubbed me the wrong way a little. I was mostly fine with it until Snow told Emma how horrible the fire place was and Emma was worried about her and yet they kept sending Aurora there with it seemed no care. It just bugged me a bit.
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So when rumple was talking about the ink I wasn't the only one to think about Ursula right?
No, I hadn't but good catch. Should have, though, especially with the mention of a mermaid, lol.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)

Yeah, that's how I took it, her being blamed for everything. Which isn't true - and they should know some of this by now, which is why Snow made that valid point about placing the blame in circles. I mean, look at the flow chart, lol, Emma and Snow can blame Regina, Regina can turn around and blame Cora and Rumple, Rumple likes to blame Regina and he can turn around and blame Zoso for tricking him etc. etc.
But Emma doesn't know all that history, just a little bit of it. I don't think she would have even heard of Zoso because Rumple wasn't in the book. She just knows her side of it which can be traced to Regina. So to Emma, Regina is the one to be blamed for everything. We may know that's not true but the character doesn't.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gah so many feels for this episode! I don't even know what to say I'm still freakin' shocked right now.

Emma/Snow: OMG the wait was so worth it for these two. I am thrilled at any scene we get with them but the scenes here were just pure magic!

Loved the hand holdings we got and I loved them playing the blame and guilt game.

The way Snow freaked out after her dream was over was heartbreaking but I loved that Emma was there. For so many times Snow has always been the rock to hold Emma up and this time we got to see a role reversal. It was perfect.

And loved Snow talking to Emma about her father.

Emma: I seriously loved her in this ep. She was badass during the fighting and though she was tense with Mulan and even Arora, you can't really blame her, I can't anyways. She's getting tired and desperate and just wants to go home to her son so she's willing to do whatever it takes. What mother honestly wouldn't?

Snow: One of the things I've always loved about Snow is her ability to handle a bow and arrow and to track the woods. Any time we get to see that is a blast for me.

And Ginny, her acting was superb when she went back into that dream world and the hysterics she had when she woke up. I had to try and keep myself from falling apart and wanting to literally jump in the screen and be there for her too.

Snow/Charming: OMG we finally got a moment of them together and it was heartbreaking as hell! And then them talking about how their lives will constantly be- them finding each other only to loose each other again, gah!

David/Henry: Seriously loved the scenes with the two of them especially when David started talking about how strong faith runs in their family.

Henry/Regina: Have to admit that yes I did love the moments between the two of them. Regina is trying so hard for Henry both in trying to not use magic and also to bring Henry's family back. She and his family may have differences like she told Henry but when it comes down to Henry both sides will do what is best for him.

Regina/Rumple: Dude seriously, when these two come together you know things are going to be fun and sure enough- two evils coming together, not just to bring back Emma and Snow, which they're doing for Henry, but to prevent a greater evil from entering their world.

Totally LMAO when Granny wanted to close the place down once the two of them started talking.

Hook: You son of a bitch! I knew he would double cross Emma in someway and sure enough!

So glad I never shipped him and Emma. I tried but it just didn't work and this episode proved why.

And who better to double cross Emma than to use someone in their own camp. Brilliant and sly. I just hope Emma has her guard up, she's gonna need those walls back!

The Princesses: Seriously love Mulan and Arora. They're so much fun. It's easy to dislike them sometimes though because they don't have a stake in this the way Emma & Snow do but at the same time they are likeable.

And seriously, who doesn't love when these princesses don't fight with each other?!

The Preview: Gah next week is the last episode and then our winter hiatus comes. And by the looks of things it's gonna be amazing. I know it ends on a cliffhanger so that's really gonna suck until the new episodes begin again in January but the wait will be worth it I'm sure.

I am seriously leaning much further into the concept that it will be Cora and Hook who go back to SB disguised as Emma and Snow. I hope that's not the case. I really need Emma to see her son and her father and vise versa with Snow.

Final Thoughts: Absolutely no words for this episode. Season 2 has been incredible and it keeps throwing you in directions you wouldn't think. This one definately marks one of my favorite top 3 episodes for this season.
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuffy (View Post)
But Emma doesn't know all that history just a little bit of it. I don't think she would have every heard of Zoso because Rumple wasn't in the book. She just knows her side of it which can be traced to Regina.
She's aware of Gold and that when he created the dark curse, he put a touch of the true love potion on it that came from her parents, in order to create her as the Savior. So, she does know that other people like him, and besides Regina, hold accountablity in this. He created the curse, without it, Regina never would have been able to cast it. That's why I'm finding it a bit odd that she would be willing to give Gold the benefit of the doubt and accept his help, with this information in place, yet it's somehow all Regina's fault, let's just blame her?!

Before, it made sense, she wasn't a believer in the curse and she did what she had to when it came to Henry, even if that meant working with Gold or Regina.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Yes, indirectly, Regina carries blame in what happened to Henry because the apple turnover made Henry suceptible to the sleeping curse after effects even though Emma was her intended target. And then Emma worked with Regina to find a way to save Henry, which lead to true love's kiss breaking the curse, waking Henry in the process. Then, in the premiere, Emma shoved Regina out of the way when the wraith came after her, sending Emma through the portal instead.

But that's not what I was taking away from that scene - Emma referring to just the turnover incident. Emma expressed some guilt over not believing Henry, which did lead to the apple turnover incident. Snow pointed out they could go in circles in where the blame is to start (which was a very good point to make). But what the heck does Regina have to do with their current predicament and getting back to SB?! That's what it sounded like Emma was doing, blaming Regina for everything, the reason they were stuck where they are.
I don't think it had anything to do with the reason they were stuck there that is not what I took away from that scene. They were all taking blame for something until Snow pointed out it could go around in circles, so Emma decided to place the blame to someone who actually was the reason Henry was in that state, Regina. While yes Rumple is responsible for Regina becoming Regina along with Cora and so on, the direct person for the apple turnover and Henry having those nightmares is Regina's decision to not accept Emma's offer to get to visit Henry and go ahead with the sleeping curse.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Is it horrible for me to say that I'm glad that Cora made Aurora shut the front door? LOL. That's all.

Last edited by JeRoMe; 11-25-2012 at 09:27 PM Reason: added two words
Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Very good episode, worth the wait.
Loved the Rumbelle hamburger scene they were both so happy and giddy until Regina walked in. I also like how soft Rumple is with Henry, he probably reminds him of Bae.
Very much liked the Regina/Henry scenes been waiting so long to see Henry being sweet and in awe of her using magic, even if it is just because he believes/ wants her to help bring his mother and grandmother back.
The Snowing scenes made me cry, wonderful scenes really.
The end left me WTF? how did Hook get Aurora's heart?????? Was it taken when she was under the sleeping spell? or did Hook rip it out???? hmmm.... guess we'll find out soon.
And Cora is one evil B. One more episode left before hiatus and then a very long wait lol.

Forgot to add: awesome watching Rumple and Regina working together for a common goal, along with their snark LOL. Always a pleasure watching these two.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)

Last edited by Lucas4Brooke; 11-25-2012 at 10:13 PM
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
They were all taking blame for something until Snow pointed out it could go around in circles, so Emma decided to place the blame to someone who actually was the reason Henry was in that state, Regina. While yes Rumple is responsible for Regina becoming Regina along with Cora and so on, the direct person for the apple turnover and Henry having those nightmares is Regina's decision to not accept Emma's offer to get to visit Henry and go ahead with the sleeping curse.

Instead of simply accepting the idea that a good number of people are responsible for what led to the current situation - Rumpelstiltskin, Cora, Snow White, and Regina; Emma decided to take the easy path and choose one person as a scapegoat. That's not very mature of her. And if she's not careful, she'll end up taking the road to revenge. And like Regina, it's not going to get her anywhere.

Snow White and Emma have become unrealistic . . . even for this show. I find it soooo hard to believe that an ex-thief and tracker like Snow and a bail bondsman like Emma can out fight a trained warrior like Mulan? Especially Snow White? Really? It was the one unpalatable thing about an episode I enjoyed very much.

Quote:
Yeah that kinda rubbed me the wrong way a little. I was mostly fine with it until Snow told Emma how horrible the fire place was and Emma was worried about her and yet they kept sending Aurora there with it seemed no care. It just bugged me a bit.
Family trait.

The Charmings - Emma, Snow White, Charming and Henry - are very good at putting themselves on pedestals and wallowing in their goodness. But when their selfishness is exposed, they are also very good at ignoring it.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandGabby (View Post)

But snow told emma about the neither place AFTER Aurora was kidnapped, it was clear emma has no idea whatsoever about this neither place. Which seems normal that she sent Aurora there at the beginning of the episode without knowing it. Besides, this aside, Aurora herself has said it was better, because Henry was able to stop fire a bit, it wasn't as bad as it was before.

As for Regina being blamed by Emma.... Great for Regina trying to redeem or whatever how long it lasts, but Emma has never had chance into parents, grew entire life alone, Regina tried to keep her son away, ruined her parents happiness, hated Emma and tried to put her under the sleeping curse resulting in Henry being, I'm pretty sure Emma can blame Regina all she wants. If I was in her shoes I would have actually killed her in 2.01 to be fair.

"I will always find you."

Last edited by PrincessB; 11-25-2012 at 10:52 PM
Old 11-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Instead of simply accepting the idea that a good number of people are responsible for what led to the current situation - Rumpelstiltskin, Cora, Snow White, and Regina; Emma decided to take the easy path and choose one person as a scapegoat. That's not very mature of her. And if she's not careful, she'll end up taking the road to revenge. And like Regina, it's not going to get her anywhere.
I disagree. Instead of blaming everyone for all their actions that lead to that, she went with the one whose actions are directly responsible for her son's situation. Cora, Snow, Rumple etc, didn't make Regina not take Emma's offer and try to put her under the spell, Regina did all that by herself. Blaming everyone and themselves is basically saying everyone is responsible for everyone's actions, that no one holds responsibility for one single act. Cause if we follow that logic it's basically saying Cora is not responsible for Daniel's death, Rumple made her like that who was made like that by being tricked by the previous dark one who was made like that by making a deal he didn't understand and so on.