Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll Be Your Mirror {6.08} - Episode Discussion

I’ll Be Your Mirror {6.08} Episode Discussion

“Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, November 13th(8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

EMMA AND REGINA PLAN TO TRAP THE EVIL QUEEN IN A PRISON OF THEIR OWN MAKING, AND HENRY GETS SOME MOTHERLY ADVICE THAT COULD END UP DARKENING HIS HEART, ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

“I’ll Be Your Mirror” —Emma and Regina formulate a plan to trap the Evil Queen in a prison of their own making, while Snow and David adjust to life without each other. As Henry nervously prepares to take Violet to the school dance, the Evil Queen impersonates Regina to give him some advice that could lead him down a dark path. Meanwhile, Zelena agrees to help Belle, and together they enlist Aladdin to steal a magical object from Mr. Gold that could protect Belle and her unborn child from him forever,*on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network.*

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Beverley Elliott as Granny, David Avalon as Doc, Gabe Khouth as Sneezy/Mr. Clark, Karen David as Princess Jasmine, Deniz Akdeniz as Aladdin, Tzi Ma as the Dragon and Olivia Steele Falconer as Violet.

“I’ll Be Your Mirror” was written by Jerome Schwartz & Leah Fong and directed by Jennifer Lynch.

ABC

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 11-14-2016, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a good Henry episode like the breakfast club reference, snowing, and a little bit of Hook
Old 11-14-2016, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

I thought the episode was good and solid. My emoji review of the characters:

Snowing -
Charming's arms -
Baby Neal -
Henry -
Henry and Violet -
Belle -
The EQ -
Zelena -
Emma -
Regina -
Hook -
Aladdin -
Jasmine -
Dragon -
Golden Queen -
Rumple -
Old 11-14-2016, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Like the emojis
Old 11-14-2016, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

Pretty much, although Rumple and EQ amuse me as a couple. They work a lot better than Rumbelle,tbh. He's always treated poor Belle so badly and he and EQ deserve each other.

I saw the look on EQ's face when he asked her to kill Zelena. She looked conflicted and I don't want Zelena to die. Their scenes together are fun and I'm hoping Regina saves her. There's no point in keeping her on the show and bothering to redeem her if they're just going to kill her off.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

I just find Golden Queen squicky because Rumple was with her Mom. Otherwise I agree that right now they deserve each other.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah that's true. Right now I can't say Rumple deserve better bit it still makes me uneasy especially when she was posing as Regina. I know it's her but it just doesn't feel right.

Otherwise it was a nice episode. I think Henry and the Snowing scene at the beginning stole the episode. For Snowing, I loved the scene so heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time and seeing their daily routine is nice. The song was also a great addition. For Henry I loved the SW reference and his scene with Violet is so beautiful and pure. Regina and Emma teaming up was nice, I like that it was a lot about Henry that's the part of their relation/friendship that I appreciate. The Sneezy little scene was very funny. I liked that Hook knew for the EQ but they made it useless so that's too bad.
I don't know if I'm warming up to Zelena or just upset with Gold but I was glad the deal with him existed.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:23 AM
Elite Fan

EQ gave herself away pretty quickly when she referred to Violet as a "commoner".
Old 11-16-2016, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was completely unspoiled for this episode, so I didn't know what to expect. What I didn't expect was no flashbacks, which was so refreshing, I get fed up of flashbacks from time to time. I enjoyed the world behind the mirror and glad my theory that the Dragon wasn't dead, was right.

A bit of a light episode for Colin, and I find myself feeling worried for Hook with the large number of times he's been knocked out!

In Rumple there is a desperation, but still following his usual MO. I was surprised when he kissed the EQ, but immediately afterwards I understood, he only wants to use and manipulate her.

Clearly in this episode we see that the EQ does love her son, eventhough it comes out twisted and wrong, so will she go as far as killing Zelena? I can see her betrayal of her sister, but would she go that far?

Seeing the wait for two weeks I am torn: on one side I'm glad I can go to bed at a normal time next Tuesday, on the other hand I will miss it. Still I'm sure it will be easier than the hiatus, the length of which I don't know.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

I didn't have any expectations before watching. After seeing the preview, I was cautiously pessimistic. I mean, the last time there was a Regina centric with mirror in the name of the episode title, I ended up really hating the episode as a whole. (I don't like it when Emma is bullied). But this was actually good.

I think my only pet peeve is seeing how long Snowing's curse will drag out. I'm still working on my true love meta, so it's so frustrating and ridiculous to me that no one brings up that true love’s does not have to be romantic. Did Emma forget that she woke Henry with TLK in the season one finale?! Why is no one bringing this up?

I liked that it was hinted that the Dragon is Lily’s father but I still find continuity issues with that but it doesn't matter since the Dragon is likely dead now. For real this time.

The episode was kind of a filler since the plot advanced somewhat but I feel like it didn't add a whole lot. I liked seeing Belle and Zelena work together. I feel like because they're both mothers, there's stuff they can bond over (other than their mutual hatred of Rumple).

I don't hate this episode but it's not my favorite either. It's not the same level as The Bear King but I think this episode is skippable for rewatch.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
I think my only pet peeve is seeing how long Snowing's curse will drag out. I'm still working on my true love meta, so it's so frustrating and ridiculous to me that no one brings up that true love’s does not have to be romantic. Did Emma forget that she woke Henry with TLK in the season one finale?! Why is no one bringing this up?

As much as Emma loves her parents I don't believe it is TL, but even if there was another TL, baby Neal even, I don't think it would work: the curse will just keep transferring.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

The rumple and evil queen relationship just feels wrong. I did like Henry seeing through the Evil Queen.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

So many sweet moments! I liked how the episode centred around Henry and his mums. Well done to him for seeing through the EQ and not giving in to her demands. Regina should have probably guessed that the EQ would have been one step ahead with the mirror entrapment plan. I loved how incensed she was when she saw the EQ impersonating her through the mirror. Seeing Emma and Regina teaming together always makes me so happy because of how far they've come together. I liked how when they first saw Henry at the mirror they could see how much he is growing up. The scene with Henry and Violet at the end was adorable.

The opening scene with Snow and David was heartbreaking. I like how it was done, showing their daily routine and I like how they're taking it in turns to be the one to be asleep. That is so like them.

Ugh. Rumple. Usual self. Can't he see the more he's trapping Belle in a relationship she can't escape from, the more she'll want to get away from him as far as possible?! And then to put that bracelet on her. Ugh. That is not love Rumple. I can't believe that after everything they've been through, he hasn't learnt anything about love. I'm so proud of how Belle is handling the way he's treating her.

As much as I find Golden Queen quite sickly, they actually deserve each other right now. Though I still think they are both stringing each other along. And now he wants her to kill Zelena because of the deal they still had - every time he hurts Zelena his heart gives way. I had almost forgotten about that.