Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Rumple really dodged the bullet when his mother abandoned him. Maybe he should thank her..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
The Baelfire stuff felt at odds with Rumple's comment in 1x19 about knowing August wasn't his son because his son would never use the dagger on him (or something in that vein). So that really didn't work for me. I just wish OUAT managed to do episodes to make a character look betetr without having to make another look worse.
I had forgotten about that.. Yeah, it does make the Bae stuff feel a bit like retcon (although it was lovely to see Rumple being such a caring father). And I agree, throwing one character under the bus to prop up another is one of the things that bother me the most about this show.

I have mixed feelings about the villainization of Beowulf, too.

Otherwise I enjoyed the episode and loved the father/son stuff.

icon by me
Seamstress90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
And I thought Pan was bad. The Black Fairy sounds pure evil. And not a very nice grandmother.

Also, if she's "trapped" in another realm how was she able to steal Gideon in the first place?
Shady blue!!!

☆ Mr. and Mrs Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Tati_SwanJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
The Rumple enbraced the darkeness pretyy quickly. Having Bae be the bad guy (sort of) by ordering Rumple to kill, and then wanting him to embrace the darkness, is totally out of charactor.
Would it really be though? If we consider how difficult it is for an adult (with a fully functioning prefrontal cortex) to resist the darkness, then I imagine it would be far worse for a child of 9 or so.

I thought it kind of made sense from that vantage, considering that Rumple wiped his memory and gave him a fresh start. The Bae that we knew was a pretty great guy, but he definitely had done some questionable things which could be explained by having soe darkness in him that he was unaware of (course it could also be explained by needing to fend for himself when he ended up in Netherland and the World without Magic).
Old 03-24-2017, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
The Baelfire stuff felt at odds with Rumple's comment in 1x19 about knowing August wasn't his son because his son would never use the dagger on him (or something in that vein).
Good point.

I think this is probably the first episode to my memory where Emma didn't have a heavy feature. I mean, we didn't see her until the last 5 minutes of the episode. Where was she the rest of the time? Granted, Gideon was defeated in the spring premiere but he's still running around Storybrooke hellbent on taking Emma's role? It's really odd not to see a lot of concern from Emma and the Charming family in general about him coming back to do more damage.

I give the episode 7.5 (not enough Emma). Plus, The Evil Queen is back.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top