Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2014, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Plus Belle did have the cultural capital like Emma. She told rumple in the Outsider to call the sheriff, which Rumple should have done. Therefore, I do think she can handle being in Hooks presence
Yeah. Obviously she can handle it. Or she would have said something by now.

Her warning him about the mirror is proof enough of that.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
That's a little extreme... Rumple was not really a starving beggar.
Sorry, the "starving beggar" was Rumple disguised as a beggar when they met again later. I assume any beggar in a medieval society is in barely surviving condition until proven otherwise.

Quote:
I love both characters, so I just thought I would share my own experience of watching them play out over the years. Even if your opinion never changes, I respect it.
Thanks. I have tried to warm up to Hook. It just hasn't happened.

Quote:
Actually, I have read Dante and even discussed Homer's The Odyssey tonight at dinner, as well as, debating the merits of studying Latin in school. So humbly speaking, I consider myself well-read and find your take on this scene quite interesting and don't believe your interpretation was the writers' intent.
Sorry, Citygal, I'm not trying to be a snot. I've been trying not to assume everyone's read the same books I have, highbrow or lowbrow. I got the impression some people found it really irritating when I did that, especially if I didn't give enough context to explain a reference. Guess I'm going too far the other way.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Sorry, the "starving beggar" was Rumple disguised as a beggar when they met again later. I assume any beggar in a medieval society is in barely surviving condition until proven otherwise.

Thanks. I have tried to warm up to Hook. It just hasn't happened.
You have a point. He treated "a nameless beggar" very poorly, no doubt, even though we knew who he was.

I only try to point out my views because I really do love Rumplestiltskin... he was the reason I started watching the show, actually. I saw Robert dressed up as Rumple on a side-bar advertisement right before the show came out and I was like ERRHMEGHHRDS! I guess I just see Hook differently. Milah was the cause of all their problems, she didn't love Rumple and she didn't care about her son, if anyone deserves a pages-long bashing, she's the one.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry. But how exactly is this relevant to the topic of Hook and Belle's relationship?

Why must every thread with Hook in it turn into an excuse to bash him? This is just getting repetitive.

Last edited by scififan2009; 11-23-2014 at 09:30 AM
Old 11-23-2014, 11:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I'm sorry. But how exactly is this relevant to the topic of Hook and Belle's relationship?

Why must every thread with Hook in it turn into an excuse to bash him? This is just getting repetitive.
Because, I was asked why I thought Hook was such bad news and why I thought a friendship between him and Belle was problematic at best.

Side thing: Apologies about the "wiggle" comment. That was made by a character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Transposing that, I guess. Shouldn't do that.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Passionate Fan

OK, it's pretty obvious at this point my reply killed this thread.

Look, I am OK with people completely disagreeing with my opinion on Hook. I grew up in a family of people with strong opinions who knew how to disagree about everything, talk about it, and still get along. Maybe that doesn't translate to forums or just without the long history of being family--or maybe it doesn't translate without my mom being there to referee.

But, for pity's sake, if you disagree with me, don't let me stop you from a discussion you were enjoying. I'm just one opinion here. I'm not trying to ruin things for the rest of you.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have been busy with other threads and with RL. It wasent you
Old 12-05-2014, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
You have a point. He treated "a nameless beggar" very poorly, no doubt, even though we knew who he was.

I only try to point out my views because I really do love Rumplestiltskin... he was the reason I started watching the show, actually. I saw Robert dressed up as Rumple on a side-bar advertisement right before the show came out and I was like ERRHMEGHHRDS! I guess I just see Hook differently. Milah was the cause of all their problems, she didn't love Rumple and she didn't care about her son, if anyone deserves a pages-long bashing, she's the one.
well yes it's true.

But we won't bring her up, and bash.
Now if you wanted to discuss her in pm I'm all for it.

I could meta and probably bore anyone to death on the topic of Milah.

When it comes to Hook, I'm torn. Of coruse there should be no bashing of his character. Disagreeing and having having a negative perception is not bashing.

I don't see a Hook/ Belle friendship for the fact that he's still selfish. He does the right thign because of Emma. Not because he wants too. He gave an apology because Emma wanted him too. He didn't mean it.

He doesn't have the good heart or treat Belel as anything other than the Croc's wife. He's not as caring as Belle so I don't see a real friendhip.

They can work together, but unless both are mutually respected I can't see a friendship.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If Regina and Snow can be friends after killing each other's parents then Hook and Belle can certainly have a friendship in this world. I don't see Hook as just selfish, he has done a lot to change because of Emma and for Emma but that desire to be a better man is slowly turning him into ... a better man!

I think Hook's intelligence is highly underrated and he and Belle could probably solve a lot of the town's problems in an afternoon
Old 12-05-2014, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

I'd just prefer they remain civil acquaintances. They don't need to be friends.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
If Regina and Snow can be friends after killing each other's parents then Hook and Belle can certainly have a friendship in this world. I don't see Hook as just selfish, he has done a lot to change because of Emma and for Emma but that desire to be a better man is slowly turning him into ... a better man!

I think Hook's intelligence is highly underrated and he and Belle could probably solve a lot of the town's problems in an afternoon
well we wouldn't want that would we? It's better to see the characters fumbling around.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The writers seem allergic to a quick solve lol
Old 12-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

That's twice Belle has chosen to save Hook in the clock tower. She's making a habit of this.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Master Fan

He owes her big time after she saved him from getting killed.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 12-15-2014, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

Would be nice to see a scene of Hook acknowledging and being grateful for Belle saving him.