Hook & Belle #1: You do know he tried to kill me ? Twice. - Belle

Captain Beauty fans
01. baelfire24
02. eternal◘fate
03. sourburst

Last edited by baelfire24; 06-12-2016 at 03:04 AM
Old 04-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

This exchange was funny in a sassy/endearment way because i can guess that Emma said he is staying with Belle, and i know Hook would rather be with Emma, by her side and in the woods - but again someone needed to be with Belle

Als this is how i expect it to go, - Hook knows he what he did was bad... but at that time, he knew why and he was on a revenge mission, but he did what he said, he will help and protect, for Hook - its his action that counts and will show it in action..

I think this post explains it better...
Read here....

Last edited by HazelEyes008; 04-05-2014 at 06:05 PM
Old 04-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good analysis
Old 04-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

Someone's a bossy librarian.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Love that analysis.

I have to admit, Hook knocking Belle out in Season 2 made me start off with a very bad impression. I'm glad he finally acknowledged it, in his own way.

I always felt that Hook knocking out Belle in the castle was far worse than when he shot her. Shooting her was a desperate shot at revenge in Rumple's presence; knocking her out in the castle alone was deliberate, cruel, and unnecessary. I'm glad he's not that person anymore.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
Love that analysis.

I have to admit, Hook knocking Belle out in Season 2 made me start off with a very bad impression. I'm glad he finally acknowledged it, in his own way.

I always felt that Hook knocking out Belle in the castle was far worse than when he shot her. Shooting her was a desperate shot at revenge in Rumple's presence; knocking her out in the castle alone was deliberate, cruel, and unnecessary. I'm glad he's not that person anymore.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 04-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
Love that analysis.

Him hitting her was delibrate as you say,

But i always did understand why he shot Belle, not say its right but understood it, coz he told you why - he shot not aiming to kill her but aiming to hurt Rumple, he knew Belle wouldnt have died, and she didnt... and as he said he hurt Rumple's heart coz thats where Belle, and Emma understood this because she understands him... but knows it was wrong
Old 04-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Someone's a bossy librarian.
funny thread. Love it.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Belle touched Hook's leather.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be cool if she saves Hooks heart
Old 11-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

I could see Belle do that - she's a good person, and she'd probably do it for Emma's sake as well as Rumple's (to keep him from going too dark).
Old 11-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Well, she already tried to save him from the mirror. So I guess it's possible.

But then Hook hasn't been a very good friend to Belle lately. He should tell her that her husband is lying to her.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I could see Belle do that - she's a good person, and she'd probably do it for Emma's sake as well as Rumple's (to keep him from going too dark).
Agreed. It's her inherent goodness that will shine at the needed moment.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
It would be cool if she saves Hooks heart
I didn't even think of that! ...probably because Belle never gets any screen time.

I am all for it, I think it would be very sweet to see Belle foil Rumple's evil plans, help Emma, and help a man who once tried to kill her, all in one swoop. Belle is awesome that way.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelEyes008 (View Post)
Him hitting her was delibrate as you say,

But i always did understand why he shot Belle, not say its right but understood it, coz he told you why - he shot not aiming to kill her but aiming to hurt Rumple, he knew Belle wouldnt have died, and she didnt... and as he said he hurt Rumple's heart coz thats where Belle, and Emma understood this because she understands him... but knows it was wrong
Maybe the writers believed that line when they wrote it, but there is no way that story works (sorry, but this makes me feel the same way it would if I read a defense statement by anyone claiming he didn't know shooting someone could be fatal).

1) Pistols have a significant error margin even in the hands of a deadeye shooter. Hook hit her in the left shoulder, near the heart. The error margin is such he couldn't know he wouldn't have hit her in the heart even with years of experience, which--

2) He didn't have. This was the first time Hook shot a gun. Ever.

3) By the way, some bullets shatter on impact, causing further damage. Hook had no familiarity with what this weapon could do.

4) He did this at night. Bad lighting.

5) And Belle wore a jacket that bulked in back, obscuring any specific target area.

6) And Rumple was across the town line. Belle might have died before he could hear her even if the wound wasn't immediately fatal.

And, what's his defense? He didn't mean to kill her, just to erase all her memories of her life and leave her with nothing but recollections of 28 years locked in a cell in a mental asylum.