Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

I think Regina already explained to Belle in Skin Deep about True Love's kiss.

Judging from Regina's outfit, I think she wore that outfit in Lost Girl, so I'm going to say that the events of the flashback here coincide with what happened in the flashbacks in Lost Girl.

It was neat to hear Regina repeat to Rumple the 'Love is weakness' line.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She couldn't have. Skin Deep was the last time Rumple saw Belle in the EF ... this conversation took place before Skin Deep.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Okay, I think what I meant was that Regina got to Belle after this flashback but she obviously knew about her.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the clips! I liked both.

I wish they had included Belle's line to Rumple about how he was clearly trying to fill his heart with things. It would have fit really well with the episode and what happened between them.

Rumple and the cookie!

Lana and Robert were clearly having a great time filming that scene.

And as T'Lynn pointed out, the Regina/Rumple scene finally closes out the plot hole from Skin Deep of how Regina knew about Belle. I can't remember but I think there was a deleted scene in the script where Belle pulls a sheet off of the mirror in the dining hall and then Rumple embraces her from behind. They showed a piece of that clip in one of the OUAT specials so I think that was supposed to be how Regina learned about Belle in the original script.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

I see the video has been blocked now, but nice to know there's a deleted scene like that. Will watch it when I get my DVD
Old 02-13-2016, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

99 Episodes in 99 Days
Episode 4x11 | “Heroes and Villains” | #77
Written by: Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz
Directed by: Ralph Hemecker
In the aftermath of the Snow Queen’s spell, our heroes try to pick up the pieces and Regina has to make a difficult choice. Hook’s fate hangs in the balance as Gold’s quest for power threatens everything he holds dear. And, in the Enchanted Forest flashback, an intrusion during Belle’s stay at Rumplestiltskin’s dark castle will wreak havoc in both the past and the future.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

| Marian (Zelena) and Robin 4.11 Heroes and Villains
+
Old 01-29-2017, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

Dude, spoilers.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Well, I didn't find the time to write about the last few episodes, so much has happened and I tend to watch this show when I'm dog tired which probably isn't a good thing...even though I'm just as tired tonight But oh well. But, this was such a huge episode that I couldn't not say a few things about what I thought of it. Ok. Here we go. First off, this episode felt longer than usual and rather disjointed. A lot of things were going on. I don't think I took it all in, especially the second half. So my thoughts are going to look a little disjointed because of this.

- Regina putting Marian's heart back now that the Snow Queen is dead and the spell was broken. Yay.
- Marian thanking Regina for saving her life and admitting she knows Regina and Robin are in love with each other, by the way they look at each other. I loved that she offers to step aside, since she doesn't want to be with someone who's in love with someone else, but it does seem a little too sudden for Marian to make that decision, as kind as it was. For Marian, she was only away from her family for a matter of days. To be suddenly transported to a new world in the future, where her husband is in love with another woman....the fact that Marian was cursed for most of this half of the season, there really wasn't much time for her to adjust to that reality. Sadly, I feel that Marian was just a plot point for drama between Robin and Regina, and ever prolonging Regina's happy ending. I wish Marian was more than that because she deserves to be more.
- I found it so teasing when Robin told Regina he chooses her and everything looked rosy and happy and suddenly the curse on Marian hadn't completely gone and she turns cold. Regina realises the only way to cure Marian is if she crosses the town line, which means Robin and Roland have to go with her and leave the town forever. That scene broke my heart as Robin crossed the line out of the town. I just want to hug Regina so bad.
- Emma offering to be Regina's drinking buddy to drown her sorrows rather than giving a pep talk was nice.

- Rumbelle. I have no words. Finally, Belle found out what Rumple was up to, and stopped him from crushing Hook's heart. And then she uses the dagger to force him to leave Storybrooke. Oh Belle. Belle said the gauntlet was supposed to lead to someone's weakness right, to the thing they loved the most? But didn't Rumple say it was only most of the time the thing they love most? Something someone loves the most doesn't have to be that someone's weakness. It can be their strength too. Belle was Rumple's strength. That's why the gauntlet led Belle to the dagger, because power was his weakness. Anyway, that was such a powerful and emotional scene. I would have cried, but I was already all cried out after Regina & Robin.

- Emma offering to help with Operation Mongoose was so lovely

Now for the few holes that left me confused:
- We didn't see Anna go into the portal to Arendelle. When David said it was Rumplestiltskin that had found the portal, she was obviously suspicious and knows he lies. Elsa and Kristoff already went through the portal and I was immediately thinking that portal wasn't to Arendelle. But then all that scene triggered was Snow and Emma going to Rumple whilst he was controlling the hat and holding Hooks heart. Later, we have a scene with Elsa and Anna happily back in Arendelle, with Hans obviously kicked out and Anna about to marry Kristoff. But we didn't see Anna go through the portal?
- Henry finding that library all too suddenly. How did he find it? I'm guessing that library is the sorcerer's library? Hmm.

- Cruella De Vil in OUAT. Interesting. Cruella doesn't kill humans, only kills dogs and other animals for fur. Nor does she have magic powers. Or, she's not supposed to. She certainly looked out of place in the EF with her classic fur outfit, even more so standing with Maleficent and Ursula (?) next to her. Interesting choice of villain to have on the show.
- Speaking of Maleficent, this is a different Maleficent than before. This is the classic Maleficent. I love how they got an actress looking strikingly similar to Angelina Jolie to play her.
- The Dalmatian puppy was adorable. I miss Archie's Pongo.

The last scenes with Rumple in New York. I totally zoned out by then and was completely confused with what was going on. My brain is frazzled! Man, that was a lot to put in.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know whether a scene with Anna going through the portal was filmed and cut out or not, but I get why it happened, it meant you don't know how much Anna told Emma and co about what Rumple was up to, therefore in the scene with Hook you don't know that Emma knows and is on the way. Which adds to the narrative tension.

In my head the information Anna gives her leads her to put two and two together, after Hook's strange behaviour previously in the episode, and phones Belle who uses the gauntlet to find Rumple.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

True. I understand leaving some of that out makes for narrative tension. But for me, it just leaves me confused. With so much going on so quickly, it was hard for me to just immediately assume how much Anna told everyone what Rumple was up to and how Emma put two and two together with Rumple and Hook's strange behaviour. But thinking about it now, I can see how. I can see that Emma would have phoned Belle after and told her what Rumple was up to. Though I still can't see how Anna would have gone through the portal knowing it was from Rumple. There's leaving things to the imagination, which is great, but that sometimes makes some viewers very confused by what is going on, at least while watching for the first time.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do think the writers wanted to end the Frozen so and go to the author so of 4b. Anna could have gone to see if kristoff and Elsa got their safely
Old 12-25-2017, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

I'm re-watching the episode now and the first time you see Cruella, her accent is really distracting it goes from German to British, back to German again. It happens repeatedly throughout the scene too. It's really distracting.

Thank God it remained consistently British after that first appearance.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Well, Gold made it clear he wanted to leave town. Guess he got his wish. Killian lived. Saved by the Belle.

Too bad the writers wouldn’t let the Operation Morongoose Story die. Going after some author is no way to earn a happy ending. Regina should have learned that before giving the dark one the idea.

This won’t end well.