Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

Her Handsome Hero - {5.17} - Episode Discussion

Her Handsome Hero {5.17} Episode Discussion

“Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, April 10th (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

WHEN BELLE FINDS GASTON IN THE UNDERWORLD, SHE FACES A DECISION THAT CAN COST HER RUMPLESTILTSKIN, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

Wes Brown Guest Stars as Gaston, Meghan Ory as Ruby and Greg Germann as Hades

“Her Handsome Hero” — Belle turns to Rumplestiltskin with hope of finding a way to protect their child from Hades. However, they disagree over whether to use dark magic, as Belle forbids Rumplestiltskin from using his powers for evil. Meanwhile, Hades secretly meets with Gaston in the Underworld and encourages him to seek revenge on Rumplestiltskin. As the heroes try to find a way to defeat Hades, Emma has a terrifying nightmare that she realizes is beginning to come true. And in flashbacks, Belle and Gaston meet for the first time, but their blossoming romance comes to a halt on the eve of the Ogre wars, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, APRIL 10 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest stars include Wes Brown as Gaston, Meghan Ory as Ruby/Red, Eric Keenleyside as Sir Maurice/Moe and Greg Germann as Hades.

“Her Handsome Hero” was written by Jerome Schwartz and directed by Romeo Tirone.

ABC

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 04-10-2016, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! After the conversation between Rumple and Belle last week I am excited to see what comes next for them!
Old 04-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

So did anyone for a second think the wild animal was anything other than Red? Really all that happened was Hades locked up a soul in answer to the ones who had moved on, and Red came to join the fray. Man I am itching for some action and I am counting on Red and Mulan to get things moving. This is a war for human souls, let's see a real battle!
Old 04-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

So Ruby got to the UW via tornado.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Uh, did this episode end with the message that self-defense and saving the life of someone you love who is about to be murdered is a major sin? Cause that was what I was getting out of it.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The show also did it with snow and cora, and emma and Cruella whivh drives me crazy
Old 04-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
The show also did it with snow and cora, and emma and Cruella whivh drives me crazy
I didn't like it those times either. I think Emma and Cruella is still the worst one. Cruella was aiming a gun at Henry and clearly stating she was about to kill him. Unarmed child. Gun. No, a mother should not wait around to see if maybe the killer is just joking about pulling the trigger (I'm not too happy with the others but, like I said, child).
Old 04-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The message I got was more ... You can do things you never thought yourself capable of when it's to protect someone you love.

Because Belle is such a good person she feels responsible even though she felt she had no choice... she found a way to stop Rumple without hurting him but she didn't do the same with Gaston.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
So did anyone for a second think the wild animal was anything other than Red? Really all that happened was Hades locked up a soul in answer to the ones who had moved on, and Red came to join the fray. Man I am itching for some action and I am counting on Red and Mulan to get things moving. This is a war for human souls, let's see a real battle!
I did. I didn't think Red was dead and assumed she was living her life in FTL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
The message I got was more ... You can do things you never thought yourself capable of when it's to protect someone you love.

Because Belle is such a good person she feels responsible even though she felt she had no choice... she found a way to stop Rumple without hurting him but she didn't do the same with Gaston.
I think so,too. It seemed like they actually found a way to make the character likable for once,but then they made him an ass. I do like his response to Belle being Mrs. Dark one,though.

If he was an ass and she was angry with him for being cruel to the Ogre,was she upset purely for morality's sake or did she actually care for Gaston? I was a bit fuzzy on that one.

I'm probably in a minority,but I kind of want this Zelena and Hades thing to happen. At the very least,she'll stop having self-pity and saying no one loves me. Regina did have some concern and meant it when she asked if Zelena loved him. I don't think she was trying to say, "Hey,let me meddle in your love life so I can kill your boyfriend",it's just Zelena's warped,emo brain. I should have been tipped off when Hades brought up Zelena to Cora. I thought he was just mentioning it to mock her,but that would involve Cora giving two s**s about a kid that doesn't give her anything.

I can't believe Emma is questioning why she took Henry with her now. It's like,you two will protect him from Peter Pan and damn near everything else,but you'll both take him to the underworld,as opposed to, you know...hiring a babysitter? Giving him 50 bucks for pizza, soda,pay per-view and whatever else it is tweens enjoy? Absolutely anything other than bringing him to hell.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 04-10-2016 at 09:04 PM
Old 04-10-2016, 11:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow, what an episode! Belle sure is one brave character.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

At least this episode they had Charming say he was going back to the Loft with Henry to keep Henry safe as opposed to 5.12, 5.14, and 5.15 where the kid was running around the UW completely unsupervised like it was SB. I get he snuck out when he went with Cruella but still. I guess someone with kids actually wrote this one and 5.13 because they assigned him adult supervision in those two.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Hmm... Zelena smiles when she gets the crispy weed from her boyfriend. Maybe they are made for each other after all! Can't wait to see them together again, still figuring them out and loving it!

Hades telling RumBelle his plan made think of every James Bond villain: “Well, Mr Bond, since you are definitely going to die in my elaborately planned death trap, I will now tell you my entire evil plan of world domination since nothing could possibly go wrong at this point!”.

Loved the banter between Rumple and Belle, each has some learning/growing to do and it was great to see. I think Rumple will discover he is the one Merlin spoke of, part of his motivation IMO is seeing Belle feeling forced to do a dark deed to save their baby.

Love that Ruby is back!
Old 04-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Extreme Fan

Was that ogre Shrek do you think?
Old 04-12-2016, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

This, to me personally, has been the best episode of the arc so far. I guess it depends on who your favorites are. I do think the arc is dragging though and so depressing.

But anyway, got a lot of Skin Deep feels from this one and loved seeing Gaston again. Such an iconic Disney villain. It's about time he appeared again. He was a jerk of course but that's how he was in the movie as well. I thought the scene at the dock was a good nod to the film as well, even though no one's curse was broken at the end.

No interest in the Hades/Zelena romance although I do think Hades is a great villain.

And I don't know why but I am not feeling Hook in this arc and I usually like him a lot.

I also still think Belle is right in her thinking but I understand that things have gray areas and Rumple was probably right about this only because this is Hades, a magical being, they are dealing with, so they will do doubt have to use dark magic or rather not use light magic to defeat him, but you never know. Maybe that will be the twist, that the group will defeat him in a different way?
Old 04-12-2016, 05:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
This, to me personally, has been the best episode of the arc so far. I guess it depends on who your favorites are. I do think the arc is dragging though and so depressing.

But anyway, got a lot of Skin Deep feels from this one and loved seeing Gaston again. Such an iconic Disney villain. It's about time he appeared again. He was a jerk of course but that's how he was in the movie as well. I thought the scene at the dock was a good nod to the film as well, even though no one's curse was broken at the end.

No interest in the Hades/Zelena romance although I do think Hades is a great villain.

And I don't know why but I am not feeling Hook in this arc and I usually like him a lot.

I also still think Belle is right in her thinking but I understand that things have gray areas and Rumple was probably right about this only because this is Hades, a magical being, they are dealing with, so they will do doubt have to use dark magic or rather not use light magic to defeat him, but you never know. Maybe that will be the twist, that the group will defeat him in a different way?
I loved this episode! I didn't like the b part though. It was boring and contributed nothing to the plot. I liked Regina in it though why they feel the need to reform Zelena, a proven rapist and abuser and stalker I will never understand! Hook just needs to either contribute and help out or shut up. His treatment of Henry and Regina who are actually trying to find a solution ticks me off!

Lots of good Rumbelle stuff and hope that they will defeat Hades. Gaston turned out exactly how I expected, an abusive jerk and Maurice isn't much better. Thank God Skin Deep got Belle out of that nightmare of an arranged marriage!

Poor baby ogre! That was Shrek imo. In fact someone suggested somewhere that the reason Belle didn't die that day in the library is because she showed compassion and saved the life of the baby ogre. I wonder if that is the case?