Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2018, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

The Guardian {7.18} - Episode Discussion

The Guardian {7.18} Episode Discussion

Once Upon a Time: Friday, April 20th on ABC

WEAVER SEEKS ANSWERS AND RUMPELSTILTSKIN PUTS ALICE TO THE ULTIMATE TEST, ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

“The Guardian” – Following Nick’s death, Weaver discovers the Dark One Dagger has been taken and sets out to get it back, even if it means betraying Roni’s trust. Meanwhile, Margot takes Tilly on a date, but their time together takes an unexpected twist. In a flashback, Rumple, desperate to be reunited with Belle, pays Alice a visit on “Once Upon a Time,” FRIDAY, APRIL 20 (8:00–9:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Lana Parrilla as Regina/Roni, Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin/Weaver, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook/Rogers, Andrew J. West as Henry Mills, Dania Ramirez as Cinderella/Jacinda, Alison Fernandez as Lucy and Mekia Cox as Sabine/Tiana.

Guest starring in this episode are Rose Reynolds as Alice/Tilly, Tiera Skovbye as Robin/Margot, Daniel Francis as Dr. Facilier/Mr. Samdi, Nathan Parsons as Nick Branson/Jack and Jeff Pierre as Naveen/Drew.

“The Guardian” was written by David H. Goodman & Brigitte Hales, and directed by Geofrey Hildrew.

Facebook: @OnceABC
Twitter: @OnceABC
Instagram: @onceabcofficial
Hashtag: #OnceUponATime

— ABC —

ABC

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Miss Cam; 04-16-2018 at 12:19 PM
Old 04-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 04-21-2018, 04:34 AM
Elite Fan

So what did people think of the episode?
Old 04-21-2018, 04:52 AM
Elite Fan

I thought it was fantastic. I did think the shrine was creepy though.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

The episode was awesome. The shrine reminded me of Coco, which I still haven't seen yet.

Once again, knock out performance from Rose as Tilly/Alice The melting of the dagger scene, or whatever it was Alice was doing, that was really cool!
Old 04-21-2018, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed the scenes with Rumple and Facilier facing off on both timelines. I liked the Regina and Rumple scenes too.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:08 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved seeing Rumple. I am wondering if they are setting it up that his success comes from his over coming the darkness verses him doing it for zbelle/selfish reasons.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow! Such a good episode!

Such great Alice/Rumple scenes in the flashback. I really didn't know what was going to happen after the Darkness came out of him. But when he took it back again it was to help Alice and not because he wanted it, which is an amazing step forward.

Loved the Hook/Rumple scenes too, they actually shook hands and declared themselves friends! Amazing!

Nice love story developing between Tilly and Margot, I almost thought Tilly was remembering when she took that bracelet.

It's really building up momentum before the final now, as more evidence of something other-worldy is mounting for all our characters.

I knew curing Henry wasn't going to be that easy. I felt bad for Rumple that he felt so guilty about betraying Regina, and also that he'd made a misstep on his path to Belle.

^I think you could be right about that.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

The episode was good. The flashback story was far better than the one ocurring in HH. I was hoping to see more about Herny finding out he's Lucy's father. Guess we'll have to wait
Old 04-21-2018, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Lol what an incredible episode it was.It has really sweet moments like between Hook/Rumple and Alice/Robin and heartbreaking ones especially between Regina and Rumple.I felt sooo sorry for Rumple-we could see how sorry he was for not trusting Regina.Also am i the only one who is really getting to hate Facilier?He's getting so annoying with each episode.Seriously.But the opening scene with Rumple and Bellé's oltar was amazing.Actually i am so happy that Alice is the Guardian...Btw who could guess that Rumple and Hook would be friends?
Old 04-22-2018, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

I felt sorry for Rumple in the flashback. But not at all in HH. He betrayed Regina. He put his own grandson at risk. And he did it willingly after Regina told him what would happen. Just because he puts on a pouty face like a kid caught by his parents, does not make me sympathetic. But then I love Facilier. He is a great villain.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Great episode. I liked the scenes with Rumple and Alice.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I felt sorry for Rumple in the flashback. But not at all in HH. He betrayed Regina. He put his own grandson at risk. And he did it willingly after Regina told him what would happen. Just because he puts on a pouty face like a kid caught by his parents, does not make me sympathetic. But then I love Facilier. He is a great villain.
Same. I did like his scenes with Nook in ef2 and glad their partnership was a process. Alice and Robyn were great too
Old 04-23-2018, 04:42 AM
Elite Fan

Can’t say I enjoyed much about this episode. Watching the dark one manipulate poor Alice the way he did just brought back bad memories of all the times he used Emma. After everything she’s been through she doesn’t need someone else making her life difficult, or giving her false hope that her father’s heart could be healed. That was low. Even for him.

And Hook doesn’t owe him anything. He only backed out of something that he set in motion when he came to Alice in the first place with the lie about being able to reunite with her father. And all for selfish reasons. But of course Hook doesn’t know about all that. If he did I doubt he’d be so forgiving.

Also doesn’t surprise me that Weaver ended up doing the wrong thing and stealing the magic, because Regina trying to save Henry is less important to him than finding the dagger. Facilier may not be good, but so far he’s done more to help her than anyone else has. So right now she has no reason to doubt him.

The scenes with Alice/Tilly and Robin/Margot however were adorable. Their date, and the exchange of gifts, with the return of the bracelet at the end. Even if they don’t remember being together before they can obviously feel something for each other now. I’ll be happy when the curse breaks and they can be together again.

Nice to see Henry is starting to believe that he’s Lucy’s father.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

Great episode.

Loved Rumple's sacrifice for Alice. Loved Robert Carlyle's acting. He's fabulous.

Loved him "talking" to Belle. I don't think Rumple had built that 'shrine." I took it that it was a place where people could go to talk to the dead and when he got there he magicked up the picture of Belle, the cup, etc.

Rumple has been controlled by the dagger too many times and also knows what danger that could bring so I did understand that being his priority. He was wrong to take the magic that was meant for Henry, certainly, but I understood it.

I think Regina was wrong about him not having changed though. I mean I think Regina herself has slipped a few times on the road to her redemption so even though I totally get her anger I think Rumple has changed much for the better. Doesn't mean he is perfect or won't make mistakes and I certainly understand where Regina was coming from.

Really do not like how almost every episode someone uses Belle against him. People did it when she was alive and now they're doing it when she's dead.

I liked Alice/Tilly for the first time in this episode. She has pretty much annoyed me all season but I thought she was super sweet and I felt her pain in this episode and her and Robyn are super cute.

I think Facilier is villain. I just don't see any redemption coming for him. I think the whole thing with him and Regina has been kind of pointless frankly.

And wish Hook and Rumple in the flashback was very touching. That's the thing I've loved the most about this season is their relationship.