Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Interesting thought. I thought it was probably more about Tinkerbelle, personally.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 10-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Well, he did give a partial truth, but there is no reason to think that Hook's dad didn't abandon them when they were kids. Even orphans can grow up to be successful and in the Navy. He can still know what it means to be abandoned by your parents.

Yeah, I think Emma's willingness to do "anything" to get Henry back is a bit of a problem. Definitely shows her dark side. I was pleased that they mentioned Mary Margaret's own darkness, I sort of thought they had forgotten about it.

I think he will tell them about Neal. But I hope he won't take too long to do it. I'm hoping that he will do the honorable thing and let Emma decide - with all the facts - who she wants to be with(if anyone).

The episode didn't really make me sympathize with Hook. But it did illustrate that Killian was a guy who always did the right and honorable thing, and that obviously that was poisoned along the way. To me, similar to Rumple, that means that he can come back from that.

I felt like the "bonding" scene early on with Emma was awkward, but I think it was meant to be. I felt like the kiss felt totally natural and had-it-coming though. He challenged her and Emma accepted. I think she has been attracted since day 1, she just gave herself permission for "one kiss" (yeah, right) this time.

I felt like this episode was fairly revealing and wasn't filler to me:
- Charming can't leave Neverland unless something changes
- Pan definitely seems to be stepping up his game with the taunting and trying to turn Hook against the gang.
- Charming continues to lie to everyone he loves
- Hook has the opportunity to do something truly selfless(tell Emma about Neal). Is he ready to do the right thing?
- I would say Hook is either in love with Emma or very close to it, and Pan certainly knows it
- Is Pan omnipotent on the island or something? How can he know that Hook is really into Emma? How does he know everything? Is he constantly watching?
- Pan has a lot of magic at his disposal on the island.
- What has changed in Neverland to make it grow dark? It was light in the flashbacks.
- We know Hook has worked for Pan before. What did he do, and why did he work for him? Doesn't sound favorable to Hook.

I enjoyed it. But there is so, SO much more backstory they could tell. Hook still has gaping holes in his character that could be explained.
right. It didnt feel like the natural transition of a back story and how they became who they became. Rumple, was a soldier, became a peasant, then the DO all for his son. Regina, was manipulated by both Rumple and mostly her mother. Hook's just felt off.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

What's going to happen, now Charming can't leave the island?
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
right. It didnt feel like the natural transition of a back story and how they became who they became. Rumple, was a soldier, became a peasant, then the DO all for his son. Regina, was manipulated by both Rumple and mostly her mother. Hook's just felt off.
To be fair though, Hook has only had one backstory and both Regina and Rumple have had a zillion... I agree the transition seemed a bit sudden but they could only do so much with the time they had.

I think Hook will (eventually) tell them about Neal. If nothing else, he's the only way they can read the star map and get off the island, right?
Supreme Fan

I thought the whole brother thing was awkward, but it was okay I guess.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
What a bore of an episode. I had my hopes up but it felt like filler. Felt very forced. Even the eye sex between Emma and Hook all episode, and the Charming/Hook scenes just felt like filler. I know it had a purpose, but I cant even explain.

The cool parts
1) realizing that Hook lied to Bae, and wasn't really abandoned or suffered, he had his brother and was obviously not a waif wandering the docks, as he became a military man. Showing later, that he became a man without honor
2) Using the boys heart and the mirror to deliver the message. Emma allowing it. Looks like none of the characters have a problem using children for their means, so Bae is no worse than Hook, Emma, or Regina in that regards.
3) Pan letting Hook know about Neal. Hook had no problem taking a wife away from a child and husband, but I think he may have grown back some of his morals. SO I'm hoping he does the right thing.
4) the kiss and the shout out to Princess Bride, was cute

And the promo with Rumbelle.

I'm really disappointed. I had hoped for a better backstory. Certainly doesnt give me reason to sympathize with Hook's turning into a villain after wards.

Anyway, for my CS friends I hope you enjoyed it.
I agree. I didn't watch the kiss. I was busy doing homework and Hook and Emma's kiss wasn't enough of a pull to get me to watch. There were two things that interested me though, Will Hook tell Emma about Bae? I will be shocked if he did and who is the other prisoner of Pan? Can I dare hope it may be Belle? It has to be a big surprise since they didn't show the person! We might get Bae and Belle bonding sooner than we thought. We may also get some good Rumbelle reunion scenes! Please writers with cherries on top! Also, I did like the shout out to one of my favorite movies, The Princess Bride, but disconcerted that it was used by Hook and Emma! Wesley was ten times the man Hook was in my eyes and so is Rumple!

Last edited by Grace52373; 10-27-2013 at 06:39 PM
Old 10-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Personally, I feel like some of the problem with Hook is that they haven't devoted enough time to his backstory for us to fully understand him. Rumple and Regina had more episodes to show their transition. Of course..I could just be begging for more Hook..

~Katie~
Old 10-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Oooh, that would be cool if it was Belle. The preview showed her suffering and Rumpel watching, as if powerless to stop it.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRoll (View Post)
I think Hook will (eventually) tell them about Neal. If nothing else, he's the only way they can read the star map and get off the island, right?
Yes, but Charming can't leave. That's why I asked what will happen now with him.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Personally, I feel like some of the problem with Hook is that they haven't devoted enough time to his backstory for us to fully understand him. Rumple and Regina had more episodes to show their transition. Of course..I could just be begging for more Hook..
But even in Rumple's first backstory episode "Desperate Souls" I understood it more than Hook's. It felt rushed that's all. When I rewatch tomorrow maybe I'll see a few new things.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Maybe the writing just isn't as efficient as it used to be?

sourburst - I'm SURE they'll have to figure some way for Charming to get off NVL. No way he never goes back to SB or FTL.

~Katie~
Old 10-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Right about now I'm prepared for pretty much anything. I hope they don't kill off a main character. D:

Also, who do you think was in the cage at the end?
Old 10-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Supreme Fan

Hmm ... I guess it could be Rumpel (he was paralyzed by the squid ink at the end of last week's ep) or perhaps Henry himself (if Pan caught Henry speaking to his moms and gives up on turning him into a LB). I doubt it's really Belle, though that could be interesting.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 10-27-2013, 06:45 PM
Passionate Fan

I have NO clue who is in the cage. My guess would be someone that Neal would have interesting conversations with. Rumple, maybe?

~Katie~
Old 10-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

What if Belle is in the cage? Could Pan's shadow have taken her to NVL?