Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2016, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
I think it is a universal question that adopted /abandon children have is "why?" Why did leave me? What did I do to make you not love me? Why did you leave me with someone you knew didn't want? , or even like me? Why me? I this.k this is especially relevant be aide of BF stealing other children. I can see Rumple asking those questions while growing up. Abandoned not by one parent, but two at the first opportunity they got, he has to wonder what he did to cause them to hate him so.
indeed

"A fresh start. A Happy Ending." "No, a Happy Beginning"

Old 12-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I think it is a universal question that adopted /abandon children have is "why?" Why did leave me? What did I do to make you not love me? Why did you leave me with someone you knew didn't want? , or even like me? Why me? I this.k this is especially relevant be aide of BF stealing other children. I can see Rumple asking those questions while growing up. Abandoned not by one parent, but two at the first opportunity they got, he has to wonder what he did to cause them to hate him so.
Exactly. I wonder why it took him so long to find his mother, though. I mean, Rumple had been the DO for centuries when Belle became his maid. Why didn't he try to find the Black Fairy earlier?

icon by me
Old 12-15-2016, 12:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Exactly. I wonder why it took him so long to find his mother, though. I mean, Rumple had been the DO for centuries when Belle became his maid. Why didn't he try to find the Black Fairy earlier?
He might not have known and found out by accident or maybe an early DO knew.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

could have well been by accident

I do hope we find out

Old 12-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
He might not have known and found out by accident or maybe an early DO knew.
He might not have known who she was at first. Then I could see him wrestling with whether he wanted to confront her or not. What if she confirmed his worst fears. Then he would have to find a way to catch her. He said he didn't read fairy but knew Belle did. I think that was BS. I think he knew she would stop him from handing the baby over to BF. After all, it seemed she escaped awfully easily and found him pretty quickly.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

It has made me curious to learn more of their story. Hope we get to see that.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

We better

Old 12-16-2016, 01:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Yep!

Quote:
He might not have known who she was at first. Then I could see him wrestling with whether he wanted to confront her or not. What if she confirmed his worst fears. Then he would have to find a way to catch her. He said he didn't read fairy but knew Belle did. I think that was BS. I think he knew she would stop him from handing the baby over to BF. After all, it seemed she escaped awfully easily and found him pretty quickly.
Good points! And I forgot Rumple said he doesn't read fairy That would explain why he couldn't find the Black Fairy until later when Belle became his maid. He needed someone to translate that incantation first (No, I don't think Rumple was lying when he said he can't read fairy. I think it makes sense, given his hatred of fairies).

Father and son bonding time..

icon by me
Old 12-16-2016, 09:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Perhaps Rumple didn't find out until he was the Dark One that the Black Fairy was his mother, but, if so, it had to be very soon after, because his hatred of fairies was there already when he found out Bae got the magic bean from Blue. Personally, I think he may have known all along, Obviously, Peter Pan was a terrible father. I can see him telling poor little Rumple terrible stories about how his mother abandoned them, not trying to protect him from the truth as Rumple did for Bae when Milah left.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Aww Giles

Old 12-17-2016, 02:59 AM
Loyal Fan

The moment your child is too big for a whopping.

I disagree about Rumple and the fairy language. Yes Rumple hotly hated the fairies, but he would not let that stand in his way. Rumple was, if anything, goal oriented. Belle's mother knew the language, so there must have been some source material somewhere for her to teach it to Belle. I still stand by my theory that Rumple planned for Belle to save the baby all along.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

yep

and I'm still intrigued as to why Belle knows fairy language, yes I know her mother taught it, but why of all the languages that one, hmmmmm

It's probably nothing , but there might be a clue somewhere..

Old 12-17-2016, 01:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm curious about that as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that Belle is half fairy too, but her mother made a different choice than the Black Fairy and chose love over power/immortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnki (View Post)
Perhaps Rumple didn't find out until he was the Dark One that the Black Fairy was his mother, but, if so, it had to be very soon after, because his hatred of fairies was there already when he found out Bae got the magic bean from Blue. Personally, I think he may have known all along, Obviously, Peter Pan was a terrible father. I can see him telling poor little Rumple terrible stories about how his mother abandoned them, not trying to protect him from the truth as Rumple did for Bae when Milah left.
I agree. Unless Malcolm/Pan had some personal reason to not tell his son the truth about his mother, Rumple has very likely known all along who she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle
The moment your child is too big for a whopping.

I disagree about Rumple and the fairy language. Yes Rumple hotly hated the fairies, but he would not let that stand in his way. Rumple was, if anything, goal oriented. Belle's mother knew the language, so there must have been some source material somewhere for her to teach it to Belle. I still stand by my theory that Rumple planned for Belle to save the baby all along.
I thought Rumple looked genuinely surprised to see Belle there when he was confronting his mother, and I doubt he would've let the BF to take that baby anyway.. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

icon by me
Old 12-17-2016, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

agree about him being surprised..

Considering what we now know of Rumple and we find out that Belle knows the fairy language in the same episode, I am now thinking along those lines as well Seamstress..

although that line of theory could be nothing , as things sometimes are in this show.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

I thought perhaps I missed the hint or inference of when Belle mentioned learning fairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
We better
Indeed!

Love that pic of the stare down!