Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
very disappointing for Neal that instead of wanting to get to know him, all his dad wanted was to basically erase who he had become
Exactly.

Rumpel didn't even ask about Neal's life. All he wanted was his son and wanted to fix everything.

If he really cared, if he had changed he would've put his son first rather than correcting his own mistakes.
Emma♥Neal
Old 02-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

That's very true. I felt so bad for Neal. Now I really need to watch Rumples meeting with August again, when he thought he was Bae. It's been a while since I saw it, but as far as I remember it went a lot better. Except for August trying to control him with the dagger of course.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

Please can I be add

-Lisa-
Old 02-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagslack14 (View Post)
Please can I be add
Added you to the list.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm probably going a bit to real-world-dark here, but I can't help imagining Rumple thinking of Bae every time he's seen an abused or mistreated child during the past three centuries. He's got a soft spot for kids. Maybe there were a few who went through horrific things where he did turn back the clock and erase months or years of their lives--where it was a good thing that he did it. Like that woman who was found in California who'd been that sicko's prisoner since he kidnaped her as a young girl. The thing that hurt the most reading news articles about her was thinking that what her kidnaper owed her--what he should somehow be forced to return--is time, the time of the life she should have had. Or when you read a news article about a child something terrible happened to and wish you could erase just a day--just a few hours.

So, I can imagine Rumple having done it--and I can imagine him having thought about doing it for Bae. Another scenario he may have thought of: if he found Bae as an old man on his deathbed.

And, when the idea's already been in your head and when your son is talking about how horrible his life has been, it's going to come out.

Or maybe Bae's right and he's still trying to find easy fixes with magic.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Please add me.

Felt bad when he said that, but he was acting as a father who's trying to say, "Hey, maybe I can fix it and make it so you don't have the bad memories ... and you can start over." Not realizing that it wasn't the right thing at the time. Deep down, I think, he wanted to give him and Baelfire another shot at what they missed. Like a heartfelt wish to get it back, though that time is gone now and they have to start with the time they have.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Delete

Last edited by KOUAT12; 02-19-2013 at 03:10 PM
Old 02-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Neal, Gold and Henry all startled Emma in different episodes, so that could be another trait:

Neal - popping up from behind the backseat - Tallahassee

Henry - popping up from the backseat - Price of Gold

Gold - popping up behind Emma at Granny's Inn - Pilot Episode.

Wes&FredFan - added you to the list. ;hug:
Old 02-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Please add me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
I'm probably going a bit to real-world-dark here, but I can't help imagining Rumple thinking of Bae every time he's seen an abused or mistreated child during the past three centuries. He's got a soft spot for kids. Maybe there were a few who went through horrific things where he did turn back the clock and erase months or years of their lives--where it was a good thing that he did it. Like that woman who was found in California who'd been that sicko's prisoner since he kidnaped her as a young girl. The thing that hurt the most reading news articles about her was thinking that what her kidnaper owed her--what he should somehow be forced to return--is time, the time of the life she should have had. Or when you read a news article about a child something terrible happened to and wish you could erase just a day--just a few hours.

Or maybe Bae's right and he's still trying to find easy fixes with magic.
I agree with both statements. Magic is still a crutch to Rumpel. He said himself at the beginning of this season.
I think Bae doesn't reject magic but he hates what it did to his beloved papa.

I understand why Rumpel wanted to do that. I think he forgot for a second Bae is now a father too and probably wants to be with his son.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Being a father is only one of many reasons. I really think Rumple wasn't thinking at all when he made that offer.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
Please add me

I agree with both statements. Magic is still a crutch to Rumpel. He said himself at the beginning of this season.

I understand why Rumpel wanted to do that. I think he forgot for a second Bae is now a father too and probably wants to be with his son.
Added you to the list.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
Please add me

I agree. I never really thought Bae had a problem with magic but more in how the dark magic twisted his father and how dependant he is on it.
Also at that moment I don't think Rumple was thinking that clearly. I think he was just desperate to start over with Bae.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Passionate Fan

I think I've added all of you to the list.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

Can you add me?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Added you to the list, Rhonwen