Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

The Girl in the Tower {7.14} - Episode Discussion

The Girl in the Tower {7.14} Episode Discussion

Once Upon a Time: Friday, March 23rd on ABC

TILLY FIGHTS TO PROVE HER INNOCENCE WHILE ALICE FINDS HER WAY IN A LONELY WORLD AND FORGES AN UNBREAKABLE CONNECTION,
ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

“The Girl in the Tower” – Rogers works to prove Tilly’s innocence in the case of the Blind Baker’s death, while Ivy attempts to make amends with Anastasia, and Samdi makes a revealing confession to Roni. Meanwhile, in a faraway realm, Alice forms an unbreakable bond, on “Once Upon a Time,” FRIDAY, MARCH 23 (8:00–9:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Lana Parrilla as Regina/Roni, Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin/Weaver, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook/Rogers, Andrew J. West as Henry Mills, Gabrielle Anwar as Lady Tremaine/Victoria Belfrey, Dania Ramirez as Cinderella/Jacinda, Alison Fernandez as Lucy, and Mekia Cox as Sabine/Tiana.

Guest starring in this episode are Rebecca Mader as Zelena/Kelly, Rose Reynolds as Alice/Tilly, Adelaide Kane as Drizella/Ivy, Emma Booth as The Witch/Gothel/Eloise Gardener, Daniel Francis as Dr. Facilier/Mr. Samdi, Yael Yurman as Anastasia and Tiera Skovbye as Robin/Margot.

“The Girl in the Tower” was written by Dana Horgan & Leah Fong, and directed by Antonio Negret.

Facebook: @OnceABC
Twitter: @OnceABC
Instagram: @onceabcofficial
Hashtag: #OnceUponATime

— ABC —

ABC

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 03-23-2018, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Favorite episode of the season!

Love the backstory between Alice and Robyn!

Alice reading Robin Hood and Robyn reading Alice in Wonderland.

That scene at the tower. Felt so bad for Alice (in both the Enchanted Forest and Hyperion Heights)

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 03-23-2018, 09:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Great episode, not my favorite though because nothing will ever top Beauty but I enjoyed it!

Best part of the episode: Tilly and Robyn and Lucy and Regina! Also loved Ivy and Henry's talk!

Bad part: When in the hell will people stop trying to get Rumple's dagger??? Please don't let him be controlled again! Please let the other characters help him keep the dagger safe!
Old 03-23-2018, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

I liked everything about this episode. One of my favorites this season.

I don't know why Facilier wants the dagger. Rumple has no magic in Hyperion Heights. Can it still be used to control him? I really don't want to see that happen to him again. Maybe he wants to become the dark one? I'm sure Regina is going to tell Rumple that Facilier is after the dagger, which makes me wonder if that is exactly what Facilier wants her to do.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved this episode!

Nice to see how Alice got out.

True love also starts with someone trapping the other person! Loved Robin, and Alice's story, though. They really needed each other.

Loved how the troll and the bug became a statue! That was awesome!

Very glad Robin is back in HH.

Some really great KnightRook scenes this episode. So nice to see them bonding, and loved Tilly moving in with Rogers at the end - truly a 'hope' moment!

All together I loved seeing Alice's story in the past and present.

Regina stop hiding things from your sister! And what does Dr Facilier want with the dagger?

It was great to see Ivy apologise for what she did to Henry.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:57 AM
New Fan

By far my favorite episode of the season. Robin and Alice have amazing chemistry!

Did anybody think of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets during the scene where the car came to rescue them? In both cases, our heroes are standing back to back. In one case, hungry spiders are closing in and in the other case, angry men are closing in. Then the driverless car comes to the rescue, startling the enemies long enough for the heroes to jump in and ride to safety.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:12 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm not going to be in a position to watch the episode until Monday night, but wanted to say that I find it both interesting and clever that the show has taken an actual sculpture - the Fremont Troll - and not only gotten permission - and paid a licensing fee - to replicate it in Vancouver, but also incorporated it into the in-universe narrative that they're exploring.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor

Last edited by DigificWriter; 03-24-2018 at 04:18 AM
Old 03-24-2018, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elayna (View Post)
Did anybody think of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets during the scene where the car came to rescue them? In both cases, our heroes are standing back to back. In one case, hungry spiders are closing in and in the other case, angry men are closing in. Then the driverless car comes to the rescue, startling the enemies long enough for the heroes to jump in and ride to safety.
I did! I shouted, 'it's Harry Potter!', out loud when I was watching!

Welcome to
Old 03-24-2018, 04:07 PM
Loyal Fan

I love this episode.Such amazing scene between Alice/Robin,Regina/Zelena and Regina/Lucy.Even tough now i wonder why Mr.Samdi what's the dagger?For what he will use it?Also i loved the moment between Henry and Ivy.So happy that Ivy finally started to take the right choices and make up.Just an amazing episode.Now Zelena and Regina are truly sisters sharing that they canno tell their kids who they really are.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

It’s episodes like this that remind me why I fell in love with the show in the first place.

Truly magical with an engaging centric story focusing on Alice, her first adventure with Robin. A great performance by Rose Reynolds. Meaningful interactions between the characters. And to top it off a hopeful ending where a father and daughter are reunited, even if they don’t know it yet.

I wasn’t even bored with the subplots.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elayna (View Post)
By far my favorite episode of the season. Robin and Alice have amazing chemistry!

I thought of it too.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

I missed the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets reference with Emma's yellow bug.

I was shocked when I saw it in the Enchanted Forest.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 03-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

I was shocked that Robin actually tried stealing the bug from her at one point. Not surprised Emma caught her though.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope it's a different but under the bridge than emmas
Old 03-25-2018, 10:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Great episode. I like Robin and Alice.