Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Man I hate Regina/EQ. She's just not likable to me at all. That being said, not my favorite episode. I wanted to trust Sidney but I knew not to I really want to know how the stranger got the book! I want to know more about him!
I felt bad for the Genie though being played like that.

and the promo...um.
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 01-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Was he spying on Henry and Emma? That would be the only way he knew where Henry hid it. Unless he's spying on Sidney and Regina and found out about it from them.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandGabby (View Post)
Man I hate Regina/EQ. She's just not likable to me at all. That being said, not my favorite episode. I wanted to trust Sidney but I knew not to I really want to know how the stranger got the book! I want to know more about him!
I felt bad for the Genie though being played like that.

and the promo...um.

I don't feel bad for the Genie. He got what he deserved. After how the King gave him his last wish and invited him into his family. This is how he gets repaid.? Yeah not going to feel nothing but contempt for that traitor.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Addicted Fan

I remember from an old Genie tale that Genies are born as tricksters, liars and can make a good wish turn deadly and callous. Maybe that's what the writers used was this piece of knowledge regarding Genies. But look at Sidney. He is an obvious exploiter. Exploiters do anything, even exploit those who they work for, thus giving that evil trickster aura on them.

It makes sense why he is one of the bad guys of the show. EQ/Regina influenced or not!

Yeah I know I didn't like it when Regina took Henry's castle down. There is something sad about her though. I keep liking Regina even more that I love her. She is my favourite tv villain, one you love to hate but one I as a fan love!

I agree with Jac, we are all entitled to our opinions, ships and make beliefs and so forth.

I sure hope you all heard in the preview "with a twist" because the writers did warn us about this around the premiere of the whole show! Its so awesome and the twists will be very interesting to see be played out like!

Also I dub every character in this show bad. They are all guilty, none of them are good anymore to me. But they're all bad and guilty for getting a fan like me hooked onto it for as long as the show runs! Evil Snow, Evil Charming, Evil Emma, Evil Graham and such... you are all bad because you made me fall in love with the show. I rest my case before Sheriff Red comes around!

*~ E.W Icon by; ME!- Name: Gryffindor Bouvier aka Green Bean♣ Congrats to main character position, Ruby Red!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suite (View Post)

I did not want to offend you, sorry, but like you (and others) said it seemed that the problem of the episode was just that. And I think is convenient the Mary/David story not going so fast because if they say everything now in few episodes there will be nothing to say in the future.
/
I personally ENJOY all charachters, main and guest stars, I enjoy all plots and I ship Emma/Mr Gold but I don't have any problems with the promo because when a person likes a show must love all, even the mirror and the promo is objectively exceptional.
I'm not offended I just don't appreciate being admonished for making a comment about the episode. This is the "episode discussion" thread is it not? I'm entitled to state my opinion or comment without being told what I should and shouldn't expect from an episode.

and I'm happy that you enjoy all the characters from the series. So do I, I never said anything to the contrary. I was just disappointed that there weren't more Mary Margaret and David scenes. Am I wrong in that?

Also.. I've been wondering where the book disappeared to. That Henry knew where it was and now the stranger has it, has me wanting to know why he took it..
Old 01-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedotd (View Post)
I'm not offended I just don't appreciate being admonished for making a comment about the episode. This is the "episode discussion" thread is it not? I'm entitled to state my opinion or comment without being told what I should and shouldn't expect from an episode.

and I'm happy that you enjoy all the characters from the series. So do I, I never said anything to the contrary. I was just disappointed that there weren't more Mary Margaret and David scenes. Am I wrong in that?
No you are not wrong in that. I was hoping for a follow up from last week as well. It was too short for my taste. It just this episode was not my cup of tea.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Addicted Fan

No you're not katedotd. You expressed your feelings and thoughts over this as did suite! We're all unique and entitled to have those thoughts about the episodes. no throat ripping intended since we can't do that physically.

Though some episodes do run a little slow and only piece up one vital part of the next few episodes. This show is a lot better than the particular worth for nothing Smallville! these writers on OUAT are way better than those of Smallville! Good work Adam and Eddy!

*~ E.W Icon by; ME!- Name: Gryffindor Bouvier aka Green Bean♣ Congrats to main character position, Ruby Red!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

IA with the others who thought this ep was a bit of a bore. I hope the writers can find a way to switch up the dynamic between Regina and Emma soon. I've reached my limit on the number of times I want to hear the mayor tell Emma to do her job or to stay away from Henry blah blah blah.

I also thought the Genie scenes were a bit too cheesy...I had a hard time suspending my disbelief. I don't mind if they change up the stories, but the way in which the genie became the mirror kind of made me laugh. Also, a nice Regina creeped me out. I like her to be vicious in fairy tale land.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Addicted Fan

^I agree. Regina rocks anyway.

This is one of the main reasons why I don't post in these threads. Too much controversy and teeth ripping, y'know? It gets tiring from time to time. So I will see you all in the threads!

Old 01-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hope Emma takes Mr Gold up on his offer to be her ally. She really needs it considering the strings Regina is pulling, and now that we discovered who Mr Gold was in fairy tale land he might have some motivation to go against Regina after all.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow I'm still trying wrap my head around this episode and the promo! I don't think I loved it as much as the other episodes though.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

I think I was expecting too much from this episode. Knowing there would be no new episode next week, I expected a great episode that made you hate not having an episode next week instead I had the opposite effect. I was a little bored by it to be honest because I thought the way the evil queen got the genie to do her dirty work was too obvious and too simple. I have seen that scenario numerous time on crime shows where the beautiful woman manipulate a guy who she clearly has no feelings for into killing her husband. I guess the writers have done such good job in previous episodes that I was expecting something more clever. This episode I could see everything coming a mile away in both worlds. I agree with those saying that it seems the Regina/Emma stuff is always the same.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

No, in fact you did not do anything wrong, it's just that, after two pages of ''vomits'', ''boring'' and only complaints, I allowed myself to say that it's maybe an exaggeration use that terms like these, because everyone here is supposed to love the show.
Am I wrong in that?
I said to you because it was the last message when I started writing and to explain that the sneak peeks are not created to cheated anyone.

Quote:
This is one of the main reasons why I don't post in these threads. Too much controversy and teeth ripping, y'know? It gets tiring from time to time. So I will see you all in the threads!
I don't think there are any real great controversy, I just think is important not use really ''bad'' words against the show, because I think is sad to change a fans comunity from ''all the things I loved this episode'' to ''all the things I hated this episode''.
But I don't want offended anyone, I just try defends the show by vomiting, boring etc because I think this terms are too ''aggressive''.

I hope it's ok, now.

Last edited by suite; 01-29-2012 at 11:07 PM
Old 01-30-2012, 04:28 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by suite (View Post)
But I don't want offended anyone, I just try defends the show by vomiting, boring etc because I think this terms are too ''aggressive''.
Seconding this. I think it's important to be respectful of everyone's feelings and opinion so we all can enjoy our different povs. Aggressive expressions to dislike tend to rub people who loved the very same things the wrong way.

But moving on...

While this episode was not one of my favorites, I loved it very much. Mary and David having an haffair somehow keeps looking very pure despite the 'morally wrong' circumstances... expect they are actually married to each other in their 'real' reality so the adultery is merely illusion.

Still the date in the woods was so very sweet.

The flashbacks were well done and Snow's father was truly one upstanding, generous man, more than i even expected... what he has made for the genie was truly a brave, selfless act... that unfortunately came back to bite him in the ass.

Which is why I don't feel sorry for Sidney at all - he was one morality-less backstabber and in the end he got exactly what he deserved for killing his benefactor. I may despise Regina, but still must applaud to her masterfully cool evilness.

I hope Emma wakes up soon and realizes the game Sidney is playing with her, before she risks losing Henry permanently.

As for the next week promo, I thought it was very well-made and i am incredibly excited for the next episode.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 01-30-2012, 05:55 AM
Loyal Fan

the FTL parts of the show I enjoyed..

the storybrooke no -

emma is supposed to have a super power.. knowing when people lie.. sydney was lying left and right.

i really hope emma knows, and we don;t know that she knows, and plans to play sydney.

the storybrooke part as I said , I did not like, except for the stranger and that last scene.