Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightEvans (View Post)
And here I am cleaning up my apartment, yet again, to see if time goes by faster.

Can't wait for Neal... Even if he's just "Neal Cassady", as in, Neal Cassady, renowned thief, minor FTL character who is not Henry's father but developed a serious crush on Emma.

Though I seriously doubt that's the case.
Yeah, he's definitely someone important. I just found this on another site:

Quote:
This was maybe already talked about but Neal Cassady's fictional counterpart Dean Moriarty is described in part... "with an alcoholic and hobo for a father for whom he searches on many occasions."
His father is addicted to something and his son is constantly looking for him. Gee, I wonder who that could be?
"Love makes us sick. Haunts our dreams. Destroys our days"
Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine77 (View Post)
JMo said on "The View" at the beginning of the season when they asked her who she hoped Henry's father turns out to be she guessed "Robin Hood", so I immediately shot it down completely. But who knows with this show.
Really?
I must have missed it...but okay, mhm, then...my second theory will most likely go down.
Thank you for recalling.

Anyway, I know that many are fans of the "Bae is Peter Pan" theory, but after Colin O'Donoghue's interview a few days ago I doubt that he'll be Peter either, since Colin hasn't even filmed any Neverland scenes yet. Apparently he has no knowledge whether Peter will be involved (this season) or how they generally handle the story. But the writers definitely stated that we'll see what happens to Bae after he went through the portal this season... I take this as a nay-say for the Peter Pan theory. On the other hand there are more episodes to come, so I don't know. What do you guys think?

There remains however the possibility for Neal to be Jack from "Jack and the Beanstalk".
Old 11-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
This was maybe already talked about but Neal Cassady's fictional counterpart Dean Moriarty is described in part... "with an alcoholic and hobo for a father for whom he searches on many occasions."

WHOA.
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh, man... This wait is really killing me.

You know, another thing that really made me think about Neal being Bae was JMo's interview, when she said Emma and Neal were “kindred spirits" and "There was a reason that she was so drawn to him and him to her. They had to survive to make life OK. There’s an interesting parallel for them that they both are on their own in this world and have had to find inventive ways to make life OK.”

Well, I am almost sure this qualifies as a spoiler. So, please just let me know if it is and I will delete it.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oh, man... This wait is really killing me.

You know, another thing that really made me think about Neal being Bae was JMo's interview, when she said Emma and Neal were “kindred spirits" and "There was a reason that she was so drawn to him and him to her. They had to survive to make life OK. There’s an interesting parallel for them that they both are on their own in this world and have had to find inventive ways to make life OK.”

Well, I am almost sure this qualifies as a spoiler. So, please just let me know if it is and I will delete it.
I'm still not sure if JMo was aware about how much she gave away there...
Automatically emphasizing "in this world" because it'll be pretty clear then that they're both coming from another realm and in case of Bae have to go through the hassles of our world. I found her wording here really interesting because it actually reveals so much that - like I said - I'm not sure whether Jen really purposed it. They have to find "ways to make life OK." Both Emma and Bae would have gone through so much in life, having a troubled past and growing up without real parents, or rather losing their parents. There are definitely some striking parallels which to my mind are bonding Emma with no other FT character. If Bae really ended up in our world, which is highly to assume, I'm quite sure that sooner or later he'd end up as a street kid. Escaping the horror of foster system. :S Probably just like Emma did.

ETA, Oh and NightEvans I love your icon!

Last edited by CinnamonHummingbird; 11-04-2012 at 11:50 AM
Old 11-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Supreme Fan

I had a feeling Emma and Bae's connection to the curse and the Enchanted Forest would play a role in their meeting. Being connected to a curse that powerful was bound to bring them together at some point.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Haha, omg, someone commented the OUAT "Tallahassee" promo and pointed out the writing on the license plate...I must admit I felt some sort of connection to Bae looking at it, but couldn't word it. "KAE" obviously sounds like Bae, but that's too easy. This person who commented said that "E83" looks as if it's "Bae" backwards. LOL

Just a few freakin' hours people! I think we need a super special "Tallahassee" group hug to condense our feels?
Old 11-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonHummingbird (View Post)
Haha, omg, someone commented the OUAT "Tallahassee" promo and pointed out the writing on the license plate...I must admit I felt some sort of connection to Bae looking at it, but couldn't word it. "KAE" obviously sounds like Bae, but that's too easy. This person who commented said that "E83" looks as if it's "Bae" backwards. LOL
This! Glad to know I'm not the only one who's sightly out of my mind.

Quote:
Just a few freakin' hours people! I think we need a super special "Tallahassee" group hug to condense our feels?
Oh, we definitely need it! SWANFIRE GROUP HUG!!

Ooops, sorry, I mean "TALLAHASSEE" GROUP HUG!!

PS: Oh, and BTW, this is where my icon came from.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Supreme Fan

IT'S ALMOST HERE!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Delete
Old 11-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Both Emma and Bae would have gone through so much in life, having a troubled past and growing up without real parents, or rather losing their parents. There are definitely some striking parallels which to my mind are bonding Emma with no other FT character. If Bae really ended up in our world, which is highly to assume, I'm quite sure that sooner or later he'd end up as a street kid. Escaping the horror of foster system. :S Probably just like Emma did.
Er, August was in exactly the same situation as them both too. All three of them ended up in this world with no one to look after them.

At least as a teenager Bae was pretty much able to take care of himself.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 11-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
At least as a teenager Bae was pretty much able to take care of himself.
Oh yeah, "take care of himself" as in "survive", even if it was through stealing and running, I think he would. But "take care of himself" as in "be fine and happy", not so much.

I guess that a baby like Emma or a 7-year old Pino would have greater chances of finding a home than Bae, since many families wouldn't be particularly thrilled about adopting a teenager... That, from my point of view, makes it even more lonesome for Bae than for Emma and Pino. While Emma's bad experience with the foster system was going from home to home, Bae might have never been picked by a family, for starters.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Oh yeah, "take care of himself" as in "survive", even if it was through stealing and running, I think he would. But "take care of himself" as in "be fine and happy", not so much.

I guess that a baby like Emma or a 7-year old Pino would have greater chances of finding a home than Bae, since many families wouldn't be particularly thrilled about adopting a teenager... That, from my point of view, makes it even more lonesome for Bae than for Emma and Pino. While Emma's bad experience with the foster system was going from home to home, Bae might have never been picked by a family, for starters.
Any child over the age of about 5 is pretty much screwed if they're in the foster system. If they aren't adopted by the time they reach school age, they pretty much aren't going to be. Neither Bae nor August were, in all statistical likeliness, ever going to find an adoptive family. Even Emma, who was a newborn baby and did find a family, got sent back again.

14 or even 15 (The Return seems to be about a year or so after Desperate Souls) in the kind of society that Bae grew up in is verging on adult. Especially in a society that is just emerging from a vicious and traumatic war. Bae was a nice, intelligent, responsible teenager so I think he probably could do better than just survive, even in the care system. Plenty of other teenagers cope with far worse situations on a daily basis.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Addicted Fan

I hate to think of the horrible life Bae had to live if he really was sent to foster care.
"Love makes us sick. Haunts our dreams. Destroys our days"
Old 11-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Charity (View Post)
I hate to think of the horrible life Bae had to live if he really was sent to foster care.
I know. Poor kid.