Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh, I loved the dynamic of the threesome in FTL very much so, also. Charming and Snow comfortable enough with Regina to tease her with grins on their faces. No fear of Regina's retaliation whatsoevr. Great stuff. Nothing says family like good-natured affectionate teasing.

Also curious as to what the writers have in store for Snow and Regina in 4A.

I'm very excited because what -- I think -- the writers attempted to convey with the message of the finale, is that there is unfinished business between Regina and her past.
That is, her relationship with Snow and Emma.

----My ---- opinion is the writers will have Regina come to terms with how she unjustly destroyed and ruined much of Snow and Emma's lives. Emma, by all that's true, should have been cultivated with her birthright, a princess, loved and spoiled by her mother, and by Regina, her grandmother.

Snow's father murdered. Hunted. Deep deep pain and heartache on multiple levels, especially occuring with the loss of Emma.

It is utterly impossible to have a relationship with other human beings with this sort of elephant in the room.

Regina needs to understand and empathise with the pain and suffering she has caused her stepdaughter and granddaughter if she is going to continue to deepen the familial bond and relationship with these two, and also Charming, of course.

And I believe it is exactly this direction the writers are headed with Regina. Which excites me to no end! I can almost taste the glorious conscience awakenings on her part, the deeper and more meaningful conversations and heart-stirrings, tears, and apologies. Emotional maturity, growth. Cleansings.

Which will all serve to purify Regina's heart when it comes time for it to cleave to Robin's---- as their love story re-ignites.

However, my primary interest will eternally be first and foremost for Snow and Regina's reconciliation. Their spiritual journey.

Don't get me wrong, if Once had terminated with Bleeding Through --- Snow reaching for and holding Regina's hand between hers, I'd still die with a smile on my face.

I'm just even more thrilled to realize their journey continues with a few more valleys and mountain passes. A slow simmer. More to imbibe and appreciate. More glory to dazzle my eyes.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Very interested to see how their dynamic will play in S4..
Old 07-22-2014, 04:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

That is one excellent theory! Personally I cannot handle seeing more broken Regina, I think she has suffered a lot for what she has done in the past, but hell, a broken Regina is some Lana awesomeness! And her relationship with Snow was something I enjoyed immensly during 3B, especially considering how they started off their journey to save Henry in the beginning of s3, with that awful catfight... Yikes... They have come a long way and I love it that Snow is beginning to see again in Regina the woman that saved her all those years ago. I hope they keep evolving this.

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 07-22-2014, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

I love it. I can't wait to see too. Bring on S4
Old 07-22-2014, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhRightTheConscienceThing (View Post)
Regina needs to understand and empathise with the pain and suffering she has caused her stepdaughter and granddaughter if she is going to continue to deepen the familial bond and relationship with these two, and also Charming, of course.
I agree. Snow (and Charming) have been really, really forgiving with Regina when you consider all she did to them. Regina really warmed up to them in the year that was and even in Neverland, I think. She protected Snow against her mother, and she helped Snow save Charming - all actions that indicate that Regina has come far in terms of how she sees them now.

But I do think she has to acknowledge her past more than she has. For her own sake as well as her relationship with the Charmings, if she wishes to have them as a sort of family. It can't be mainly them making an effort. Snow at the very least deserves the sort of sincere apology Belle got.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

I think Regina is starting to realize that no matter what Snow has been the one person (besides her father) who is there for her, and who truly cares for her as family. It has been beautiful to see Regina go from wishing to take away Snow's happy ending to helping her achieve it by protecting Snow and the baby and by helping save Charming. The scene in 3.19 that parallels but yet contrasts the Pilot was one of my favorite this year. The staging was just perfect.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

I agree! Seeing Regina getting all teared up when Charming came back to life thanks to her help made my heart go nuts.

I do believe that there will be an apology towards Snow, but that will happen probably after Regina has gotten to her final stage of redemption. But baby steps were made in 3x18, when they both acknowledged their complicated past and how each one of them affected the other's lives in a not so good way. It's sweet.

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 07-22-2014, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Their dynamic has changed and Regina seems to understand and has shown a wonderful side of herself to Snow. I love how they bonded this season and hope this continues over the next.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

A little more flashlight to the missing year wouldn't hurt either. They were living under the same roof that holds so many memories for both of them, that cannot have gone passed them. I hope we get to see more of that year at some point, it's a lot that we do not know and that could have happened back then.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
I do believe that there will be an apology towards Snow, but that will happen probably after Regina has gotten to her final stage of redemption.
Yeah, maybe. I just hope it doesn't actually take too long. Because she's done so many horrible things to Snow and not offered one word in apology, yet Snow has actually apologized for Cora. It just feels not right to me if it stays like that, especially since it makes me wonder how Regina sees her past actions.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy their change of dynamic and hope it continues to develop in the same positive direction and I'd love to see more of the year in FTL. But I will have serious issues with Regina's development if she never makes that apology, and I won't be thrilled if it takes a really, really long time to get there from this point they're at now.

I guess we'll see what S4 brings. I am eternally optimistic.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Regina left a "thank you" note for Snow? Wow. I was not expecting that.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

The scene in question.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

I didn't know this thread existed! I loved the direction Snow and Regina's relationship took this past year.

Can I be added please? Thanks.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

I do wish the thank you note had been left in the episode. That was major progress for Regina.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Why take that out? The growth in the relationship has been great. They both have seen each other in different light. They were blinded by what they thought especially Regina. There was one scene when she listed Emma and everyone and no longer called the Charmings idiots or said they name with a hint to grotest.