Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wasn't really into the Harry Potter craze until the first movie came out. Then I had to get all the books that had already been published! I did read the first Twilight book but Bella annoyed me so much I wanted to smack her and I couldn't deal with sparkling vampires.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Ooh, yay another non-fan!! All of my friends love it but I'm more of a Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings girl. I'm super excited for The Hobbit next year!!
I LOVE, LOVE Harry Potter. I was at every midnight showing of the films and most of the book releases! Fun times!

I love "The Lord of the Rings" films, but I couldn't get into the books. I've only read "The Hobbit" and "The Fellowship of the Ring."
Old 11-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I wasn't really into the Harry Potter craze until the first movie came out. Then I had to get all the books that had already been published! I did read the first Twilight book but Bella annoyed me so much I wanted to smack her and I couldn't deal with sparkling vampires.
I can not STAND book!Bella. You're lucky you didn't make it to the third book, I wanted to throw it across the room! Didn't even care to read Breaking Dawn, so I didn't.

I agree, Tara, I think both guys deserved better anyway.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

My friends always talk about the latter Twilight books and I already can't stand them without ever having read them. I'm just flabbergasted that so many guys would be fighting over whiny, insufferable Bella.

Yeah, I can understand not being too into the LOTR books. They have a very archaic type of writing that I think people find it hard to get into. LOL, I read The Hobbit when I was 10 and then I dug a hole in the ground because I wanted to live in a hobbit hole. I got grounded.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love you guys! I couldn't understand why two guys fought over her either.

Yeah "The Lord of the Rings" books kind made me twitchy with the detail I mean I didn't need to read four pages about a leaf.

That's so cute that you dug a whole.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Bella was just whiny and insufferable. She moaned and complained about how sucky her life was as a human and wanting to be a vampire. and then she couldn't leave poor Edward alone about having sex with her. God, what didn't she get about ... 'I can kill you!'

Quote:
Yeah "The Lord of the Rings" books kind made me twitchy with the detail I mean I didn't need to read four pages about a leaf
I ran into the same exact problem with the description of a 'pyramid.' Different book series, though. Seriously, is that much desciption really needed? I started skimming.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Also her going back and forth between Edward and Jacob. Scolding Edward when he had the right to be angry at her. Not caring about his feelings. So many things!

Yeah there was parts of the book I wanted and did skim.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah, lol, the jumping back and forth was insane. and then telling Jacob in Eclipse that, yeah, she did love him all along and envisioned this future with kids ... blah, blah, was there any real reason to give him more false hope like that when she obviously made her choice.

I swear, though, her incessant whining about being 'changed into a vampire' was one of the top things that bugged me the most. She was being so selfish, going to leave charlie, her father behind, like no big deal! Her mom too and all the people who did care.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Film Bella does too many huffy noises for my liking. I swear she added a dumb huff at the end of most of her sentences. And WTF kind of name is Renesmee?
Old 11-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And WTF kind of name is Renesmee?
Do you really want to know how the author came up with that one?!

She took the names of Bella's mother 'Renee' and Edward's 'vampire mother' (for all intents and purposes) 'Esmee' and combined the two.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my gosh that whole chapter made me so pissed Heather! Edward's casual reaction to it all made it worse.

Haha aww I didn't mind that name to much.

Have any of you read "The Hunger Games" series? I'm reading the first book. I was kind of reluctent to read it because I didn't want to read another teen drama but I have heard good things about it. Also I didn't want to look like I was jumping on the train just to say I read it too. I'm loving Peeta.
The trailer looked cool!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ No, I haven't read that series.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll you what I think of it when I'm finished.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yes, thanks.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Addicted Fan

I only read the Twilight books all once per book. Harry Potter on the other hand I have read numerous times! I even reread them after a two-day break! Twilight is for the kids really, but Bella really does get on my nerves, she has the drama-queen bone in her that's hard to crack!

Harry Potter is much because it doesn't have overused drama in it. More magic, spellbound, and memorable moments. (the ending still tears me up in happiness and sadness!)