Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, he is a questionable character. Which is why I stand with 'okay' right now because he hasn't exactly done anything bad to turn me off. Right now, he just appears to be doing his job - which I do get and understand.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I do too. I really need to catch up.

Have you read any good books lately?
Old 11-10-2011, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to catch up on some series I started but I just recently finished rereading the Blue Blood series by Melissa de la Cruz and then read the newest one in the series that came out.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

I find it hard to find good books to read.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They are! I mean, most of the series I start out liking end up disappointing me in some way. and I don't know what it is, but I just don't have the best luck it would seem in who I 'ship' for YA series. It always winds up the opposite of what I like!

Old 11-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, they end up disappointing me too and alot of the YA stuff is really similar.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's the same boring pattern for the romantic pairings: forbidden love miraculously finds a way to conquer all.

For example, the Blue Blood series, - the only reason I stuck with it was for the plot. It was very plot heavy in the beginning but I'm not a fan of the pairing for the main character. I would have prefered it if she ended up with the best friend. There's one pairing, not a major one, that I hope finds their way back together but who knows. It's definitely possible but I have to wait until the last book to find out.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

I really dislike triangles with the best friend pairings its been done so many time.

Do you recommend that series?
Old 11-10-2011, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's the same pattern, but just for once, I'd like it if the best friend actually got chosen. at least, where I liked them, because sometimes it's the healthier relationship of the two. The minute the authors introduce a triangle involving the best friend, I automatically know who's on the losing end ... aka. said best friend.

Don't get me wrong ... there are some 'forbidden love' type angles that are interesting, it depends on how the story is set up, but for me, I seem to invest in more types of those on TV rather than in the book series.

Um ... I'm not sure how to answer that for you right now because for me, everything is going to hinge on how the author handles the last book coming out in January of 2013.

In the beginning of the series, I would have told you 'yes' without holding back. The author set up a very interesting foundation/background involving vampires as fallen angels and the mythology is very interesting. It's just that there is alot that she introduced and if she doesn't tie it up and answer explain/answer some BIG questions in the last book, it's going to effect the series in a very negative light.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

Ok thanks, I might give it a try.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, it doesn't hurt to give it a try and form your own opinion. I think there are six books so far in total, with two companion pieces included, that go in this order:

Blue Bloods
Masquerade
Revelations
The Van Alen Legacy
Misguided Angel
Lost in Time

Companion pieces:

Keys to the Repository: (the blue blood library in the series) This book mainly contains alot of information held in this place, information that you don't necessarily get in the books directly. There's a glossary of definitions to explain certain things/terms in the books as well. You got more detailed summaries of the characters/origins etc. Extra chapters information etc.

Bloody Valentine: a small novela, best read along with MisGuided Angel, detailing three of the love story arcs from the series. I'm not a fan of them, personally, because they're not the pairings I prefer. I basically read it for the middle section, dealing with the past, where I hope one of the pairings works out again by the end of the series.

She's also doing a small spin off series with one of the characters from the book that's coming out next year: Wolf Pact.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that Heather. I'll look out for them. It's getting late, I need to go to bed. Good talking to you!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakls (View Post)
Thanks for that Heather. I'll look out for them. It's getting late, I need to go to bed. Good talking to you!
You're Welcome. It was great to catch you again during your time zone. Get some good rest and ttyl.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha I thought you were talking about "Blue Bloods" the television series at first Heather. That is a good show by the way.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, peeps.

^ No, Tara, but I have heard of the show. It confused me at first, because I was thinking ... Oh my gosh - they made a TV series out of that book series?!