Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

Caroline/Stefan was my fav relationship. I didn't like how they only they could make him go dark was compulsion and now it's all about Elena trying to change him back.
With Tyler I don't get why they had to bring in the "sire" thing, it's ruining his character.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I don't like the 'sire' thing with Tyler!

The Stefan story is annoying me because from my own perception, I feel like it's all about the triangle and giving Damon/Elena something before they hop right back to Stefan/Elena.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
^ I don't like the 'sire' thing with Tyler!

The Stefan story is annoying me because from my own perception, I feel like it's all about the triangle and giving Damon/Elena something before they hop right back to Stefan/Elena.
And that's annoying; it's not even really a triangle. It's giving Delena something to do and their fans something to hold on to but they will never really go there, which makes this entire arc a pure waste of time. I don't get why they even bothered to do it, especially since Stefan was compelled, which means in the end, no one will blame him for what he has done because it's not his fault, so it's all stupid. I'm glad PW is getting something to do though... all he was last year was Damon's brother and Elena's boyfriend, so at least he has branched out from that but this story is still a let down for me. I also think the show has royally messed up Stefan/Elena. They're waaaaay too co-dependant and dysfunctional.

I hate the Tyler stuff too. He's too much of a d-bag now and given that he knows how vile Klaus is, his loyalty to him is just sick. Blah.

-Hannah
Old 10-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umgirl (View Post)
And that's annoying; it's not even really a triangle. It's giving Delena something to do and their fans something to hold on to but they will never really go there, which makes this entire arc a pure waste of time. I don't get why they even bothered to do it, especially since Stefan was compelled, which means in the end, no one will blame him for what he has done because it's not his fault, so it's all stupid. I'm glad PW is getting something to do though... all he was last year was Damon's brother and Elena's boyfriend, so at least he has branched out from that but this story is still a let down for me. I also think the show has royally messed up Stefan/Elena. They're waaaaay too co-dependant and dysfunctional.

I hate the Tyler stuff too. He's too much of a d-bag now and given that he knows how vile Klaus is, his loyalty to him is just sick. Blah.
Lol - I started out liking Stefan/Elena but I'm seriously at the point where I don't care where they go on this show. Stefan/Elena, Damon/Elena - whatever, I'm not even invested. I mean, I like that Elena will never give up on Stefan, I think that comes from a pure heart and is based on real love (action v. a fleeting feeling that people call love) and at the very least - Stefan has been a bit interesting in his 'compelled' state but other than that, I just feel like the whole 'let's create obstacles for Stefan/Elena to overcome path' is just boring and dragging on. Not to mention, these kinds of directions have been done a gazillion times over already.

I'm mad about Tyler because I was really getting into him and Caroline at first, thought I saw something different there, but now it's back to the 'jerk' from the very first season. Whatever. Pff. LOL.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

New thread?
Old 10-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Lol - I started out liking Stefan/Elena but I'm seriously at the point where I don't care where they go on this show. Stefan/Elena, Damon/Elena - whatever, I'm not even invested. I mean, I like that Elena will never give up on Stefan, I think that comes from a pure heart and is based on real love (action v. a fleeting feeling that people call love) and at the very least - Stefan has been a bit interesting in his 'compelled' state but other than that, I just feel like the whole 'let's create obstacles for Stefan/Elena to overcome path' is just boring and dragging on. Not to mention, these kinds of directions have been done a gazillion times over already.

I'm mad about Tyler because I was really getting into him and Caroline at first, thought I saw something different there, but now it's back to the 'jerk' from the very first season. Whatever. Pff. LOL.
I don't even get love with Elena. I think it's more like obsession. Same with Stefan. When I first started watching, I honestly didn't get this great epic love. I thought it was sick and co-dependant and I think they both border on obsession. I actually think Stefan as a ripper is much worse than Damon is, even at his worst. But anyways, IA... it's all about creating obstacles for Stelena. Which is pretty insulting to both fanbases. I think the writers are pretty damn uncreative.

Tyler is worse now than he was in the first season. All because he's a stupid hybrid, which is really just an an excuse to make a d-bag again. It's like with Damon... instead of actual character growth, they go back to the retread. Like they can't give these characters a real story or make them grow and become better people, they have to always go back to the d-bag. It's so old.

-Hannah
Old 10-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

I was listening to Elena's speech to Anna and was thinking she needs to apply this to herself. I've never liked either couple in the triangle and it seems like every couple on the show get ruined somehow. I'm only watching for the originals storyline.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I'm not a fan of the triangle and pretty much any of the real romantic couple on that show. My last one got crapped on. The show as whole is pretty much all over the place. I doubt I will be watching it next year.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Me either, I was really hoping that they would keep the Stefan/Caroline friendship this season, but oh well.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Triangles suck.

Whoever is in the middle always looks hideous. Why would anyone want someone who is torn? Now I admit I lean towards Delena because I think they have amazing chemistry but I don't want them to end up together. I just want one crazy hot scene. LOL Not sure if that in anyway makes sense.

-Hannah
Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the Stefan/Caroline friendship ( ), but to be honest I wasn't suprised how they were handled considering how they have handled Stefan's past relationship that could have been friendships. Bonnie, Matt, and Alaric were all dropped. I was surprised I got as much as I did.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

I get what you mean.

I guess, I just thought they might have used in the bringing him back from the dark side.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm was invested in the Stefan/Damon brother relationship ( sort am still), but that has been so underdeveloped and lacks screen time. The writers don't seem to care about it. Shouldn't be surprised by that though.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Honestly, I'm surprised they're allowing Stefan to interact so much with Klaus.... it seems like he's mostly just Elena's boyfriend and Damon's brother. I guess when he becomes Stefan again, he'll go back to barely interacting with anyone but them. If there is one good thing about the Stefan is a ripper story is that he's doing more than mooning over Elena and trying to keep Damon on a leash.

Agreed about the Stefan/Damon 'ship; it could be so good, but alas, it'll never get any sort of real action because of the fake triangle.

-Hannah
Old 10-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah that's what I loved most about the story line as a Stefan fan because last season like you said he was the good brother or boyfriend and he lacked any story arc while this season has been an improvement (he's getting a story arc!) it's still lacking in that department in some ways.