Old 03-31-2014, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

People who don't watch shows like this just don't get it
Old 03-31-2014, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG14 (View Post)
the thing is, i was thinking about this on my little run - the show is all about redemption and second chances, yes?

so look at this from rumple's perspective - he was working on redeeming himself, and he essentially DID when he sacrificed himself

But what does he get for said redemption? NOt only has he lost his son for the THIRD time, but he's now controlled by the wicked witch

so what's the point of redemption?
Exactly. No hope, no happily ever after, no nothing.

And what's this Neal finally learned what a true sacrifice is nonsense? His whole life he's done nothing but sacrifice his own happiness for the greater good.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Exactly Anna
Old 03-31-2014, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista_N (View Post)
And what's this Neal finally learned what a true sacrifice is nonsense? His whole life he's done nothing but sacrifice his own happiness for the greater good.
Right- which is why it's a total load of crap. Hell the guy sacrificed being with the love of his life just so she could reunite with her parents even though he was as much apart of her family.

I don't care what anyone says to justify it there is no justifying what we know and have seen (even without the blinders of a shipper).

Neal sacrificed himself so that Wendy wouldn't have to follow the shadow, he sacrificed himself to go get his family back in Neverland.

He sacrificed himself so Emma wouldn't have to fall through the portal and so Henry could have one of his parents.

That's all the man has ever done is self-sacrifice and now they expect us to believe that's what he was doing and that's the lesson he's learned- bull! The guy has been around for over 300 years so he's all ready well versed in life lessons.

With that in mind maybe we'll get flashbacks of not just his life after Emma and during NY but we've got less than 300 years to work with on this guy and they just want to give him up just like that? FK!

Sorry I'm really steamed right now as you can tell
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-31-2014, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG14 (View Post)
i think that's what upset me most - without getting too personal, a LOT Of crap has happened in my life lately, some small, some big, and just things not going well, and i was having a really bad day, so it was like 'ooh, it's time for OUAT, my escape from a currently crappy reality"

then bam, death of my favorite character, and it's like 'Really tv? even YOU betray me? SERIOUSLY?
Not getting too personal either, but I guess being a guy I respond to it differently. After going through the emotionally painful experience of losing a loved one in real life, the death of a fictional character kind of pales in comparison.

Last edited by scififan2009; 03-31-2014 at 05:21 PM
Old 03-31-2014, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

They've wasted his potential
Old 03-31-2014, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

There was so much they could have done with Neal, but they chose not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
Right- which is why it's a total load of crap. Hell the guy sacrificed being with the love of his life just so she could reunite with her parents even though he was as much apart of her family.

I don't care what anyone says to justify it there is no justifying what we know and have seen (even without the blinders of a shipper).

Neal sacrificed himself so that Wendy wouldn't have to follow the shadow, he sacrificed himself to go get his family back in Neverland.

He sacrificed himself so Emma wouldn't have to fall through the portal and so Henry could have one of his parents.

That's all the man has ever done is self-sacrifice and now they expect us to believe that's what he was doing and that's the lesson he's learned- bull! The guy has been around for over 300 years so he's all ready well versed in life lessons.

With that in mind maybe we'll get flashbacks of not just his life after Emma and during NY but we've got less than 300 years to work with on this guy and they just want to give him up just like that? FK!

Sorry I'm really steamed right now as you can tell
Neals sacrifices have never turned out well for him. When he tried to get Rumple to follow him to a land without magic, so FTL would be safe from the DO, Rumple abandoned him and cast a curse on all of FTL.

When he sacrificed himself, so that the shadow wouldn't take Wendys brothers, Wendy ended up in Neverland and her brothers had to work for Pan.

When he sacrificed his own happiness so Emma could be reunited with her parents, Emma ended up in jail and had to give Henry up for adoption.

When he sacrificed himself so Emma wouldn't fall into the portal, Emma was so devastated that it ruined his chance of getting back together with her.

The lesson Neal should have learned is that sacrificing himself is a very bad idea. I guess that's the lesson all of us can learn from this show. Selflessness only leads to misery, but true selfishness will always be rewarded!

Last edited by Krista_N; 03-31-2014 at 05:26 PM
Old 03-31-2014, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think there's anyone on the show who deserved a happy ending more than Neal did.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I agree
Old 03-31-2014, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't even watched the scene where Neals says "We never found Tallahassee.", but the line kills me everytime I read it.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I haven't watched any of it. Doubt I ever will.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

I'm probably not going to watch it either.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Not sure if I can re-watch Tallahassee
Old 03-31-2014, 06:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista_N (View Post)
There was so much they could have done with Neal, but they chose not to.

Neals sacrifices have never turned out well for him. When he tried to get Rumple to follow him to a land without magic, so FTL would be safe from the DO, Rumple abandoned him and cast a curse on all of FTL.

When he sacrificed himself, so that the shadow wouldn't take Wendys brothers, Wendy ended up in Neverland and her brothers had to work for Pan.

When he sacrificed his own happiness so Emma could be reunited with her parents, Emma ended up in jail and had to give Henry up for adoption.

When he sacrificed himself so Emma wouldn't fall into the portal, Emma was so devastated that it ruined his chance of getting back together with her.

The lesson Neal should have learned is that sacrificing himself is a very bad idea. I guess that's the lesson all of us can learn from this show. Selflessness only leads to misery, but true selfishness will always be rewarded!
very good point

it DOES seem only the selfish ones get ahead - perhaps it's art mirroring life