Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

I liked the episode but I have to admit that Rumple isnt my favourite because he creeps me out. That actor is jsut that good he does a wonderful job on it. Still it was good to get to know the character better, to know what made him like this and to somehwo see that he has a soft spot too. Of course I really would like to know what Emma has to do for him when he cashes in his favour.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 01-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I do believe that Mr. Gold has his memories, I've speculated that, along with possibly holding onto his ability to see visions of the future.
I agree with you, I believe Mr. Gold has his memories. That, or he knows that the world he lives in is not his true home.

I was kind of disappointed in the episode. There was a lot of build-up (probably in my own head) about Rumple's back story and I was hoping it was going to be more intricate than that. But, knowing Rumple used to be a coward is interesting, since power tempted him. I wonder if his cowardice will show back up? Or maybe he's been so heartless and dark for so long, there's no trace of his old coward self.

I am definitely looking forward to next week, though!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:33 PM
New Fan

Mr. Gold is officially my favorite character in the series. I don't think he is as evil as he's portrayed to be or feared by the others. Deep down inside I think he's down for the greater good and on Emma's side.

The only thing that I'm confused about is whatever happened to Mr.Gold's son? For some odd reason I think Graham probably was his son? Maybe he ran away after Mr.Gold gained the black magic/power and eventually was raised by the animals in the woods and forgot about his past? IDK? For some odd reason I think Graham has a connection with Mr. Gold in some way.

Anywho, I can't wait for next weeks episode
Old 01-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Since I am to lazy right now I am just going to repost what I said on the Rumple thread.

Quote:
Ok I am an idiot. Rumplestilskin back story had to have taken place at least 40-50 prior to the dark curse happens. How did I figure this out you ask. Well in Jimmy Cricket's back story we see Rumple as we know him. And also in that story we see a little Geppetto and when you see him in the pilot he is an old man.

-Lisa-
Old 01-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

I only have more questions about Rumple now.

I'm curious about Rumple's son too. Given that the events that happened with them were a long time ago, I wonder what happened to him.

I love Emma's relationships with Henry and Mary so much. Mary can break down her barriers and get her to open up to her and also encourage her in her developing relationship with Henry.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Total Fan

I liked this episode, it went a little slow but I enjoyed knowing more about Rumple and I loved Emma here too, her need to show Henry that good can win was so heartfelt.

Lana Parrilla was excelent today, she was hilarious throughout the episode: Her reaction to Emma appearing as a hero when Sidney went to take her picture, repeating the words she had Sindey memorize and the whole scene when she went to the dinner to give Emma the Sheriff badge was hilarious to me.

The scene where the "townies" gathered around Emma after she saved Regina reminded me of something you'd see in Gilmore Girls, I loved it.

I love how Jennifer and Ginnifer have such a mother/daughter vibe going on even if they are the same age. They are perfect for these characteres.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 AM
New Fan

Delurking... Loved Robert Carlyle since "The Full Monty" days, so I loved seeing Rumpel's backstory. Based on the costumes I think his backstory was set at a way earlier time (maybe even hundred of years) than we see in "contemporary" FTL. Lots of questions for the show to spin into future episodes. It's a long way from the new Dark One to delightfully malevolent imp.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Suz - Rumple isn't my fav either but at least now we know why he's like that. And yes he is super creepy. The actor who plays him does a fantastic job lol.

Quote:
I love how Jennifer and Ginnifer have such a mother/daughter vibe going on even if they are the same age. They are perfect for these characteres.
I was thinking the same thing. At first I thought it might be weird since they're so close in age but somehow they pull it off and you can really feel that connection between them. It's very sweet. Like before the debates when she got Emma to admit why she was running for Sheriff.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So I think the power is a 'dark' power depending on the person who has it - if Emma ever got it, it could become 'good'.
I'm not necessarily seeing it that way because the former 'Dark One' zeroed in on Rumplestiltskin because he was a 'desperate soul', not a dark one. I think Rumple's intentions were good; he wanted to put an end to the tragic and senseless 'death' that the Duke was visiting upon his village and their children, to also spare his own son this fate. But this opened up the doors to vulnerablity at the same time. He was a poor peasant-man with no real resources. And vulnerability is a perfect recipe for something 'bigger' or more 'powerful' to come along and take advantge of. So, I think the power itself, is of a dark source.

Now, with that said, it's still an interesting speculation regarding Emma. Since she is the destined Savior, is she different somehow?! If she were to have the 'dark power' passed on to her somehow, to become the next 'dark one', I would see it rather as her needing to overcome it with 'good' rather than the power being something neutral that she turns into 'good power.'

Quote:
THAT is what I love about the show. Evil is petty. Honor is rising above.
Yup, agreed. I love how among imperfect characters, good is still good and evil ... something to overcome, not submit to or excuse away as something 'everyone just does at times.'

Quote:
One other thing I observed: Do you notice how Mary always acts so motherly around Emma? Every scene they are in together, Mary Margaret is gentle and firm and just full of unconditional love... like all fairytale moms should be...
Yes, she does. It's almost like there is a subconscious knowing - a pull or draw to Emma.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 01-10-2012 at 10:35 AM
Old 01-10-2012, 11:34 PM
New Fan

This is one show, I really hope goes on for awhile. I so far love most of the char and story line, it's not one i would want to see quickly warp up because it got shut down.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

My absolute 2 favorite parts of this episode was
1) Emma winning!! Her wearing Grahams badge
2) Learning how Rumpelstilkin got his power
My sundays are offically complete with all my shows back on!!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I'm not necessarily seeing it that way because the former 'Dark One' zeroed in on Rumplestiltskin because he was a 'desperate soul', not a dark one. I think Rumple's intentions were good; he wanted to put an end to the tragic and senseless 'death' that the Duke was visiting upon his village and their children, to also spare his own son this fate. But this opened up the doors to vulnerablity at the same time. He was a poor peasant-man with no real resources. And vulnerability is a perfect recipe for something 'bigger' or more 'powerful' to come along and take advantge of. So, I think the power itself, is of a dark source.

Now, with that said, it's still an interesting speculation regarding Emma. Since she is the destined Savior, is she different somehow?! If she were to have the 'dark power' passed on to her somehow, to become the next 'dark one', I would see it rather as her needing to overcome it with 'good' rather than the power being something neutral that she turns into 'good power.'
I agree with this completely especially the part about the power being dark.

-Lisa-
Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda241 (View Post)
This is one show, I really hope goes on for awhile. I so far love most of the char and story line, it's not one i would want to see quickly warp up because it got shut down.
I think that we'll being seeing a lot of this. At least, a few good seasons and maybe beyond. It shouldn't go on indefinitely but I think there is alot of good writing material to work with in the future to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagslack14 (View Post)
I agree with this completely especially the part about the power being dark.
I'm also very curious as to where this 'dark power' ultimately comes from. I'm going to gather that it's 'source' is probably the same 'source' that the Dark Curse comes from.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 01-11-2012 at 04:27 PM
Old 01-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
One other thing I observed: Do you notice how Mary always acts so motherly around Emma? Every scene they are in together, Mary Margaret is gentle and firm and just full of unconditional love... like all fairytale moms should be...
And I absolutely adore it. It's one of my favorite things in the show, and definitely my favorite thing about their relationship. It's a little preview of just how Snow would have raised her child, had she been given the chance.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it's nice to see those glimpses of 'what would have been' - like with Mary's relationship to Emma.