Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Rumple wasn't at all surprised that they arrived just as Cruella's husband was being arrested, making her ready to go off with them. I think I know who tipped off the cops.
I never thought of that, but that would be so him. Always manipulating situations for his gain.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Since everyone's been asking how Emma can suddenly have all this dark potential, I thought I'd answer:

"It is a stronger angel, and therefore, when it falls, a fiercer devil," or so C.S. Lewis said.

Which is more devastating to a child? To be abandoned by a stranger or by a parent? Who has the greater power to betray? A person in a position of trust or a compulsive liar? The same skills that make doctors gifted healers can make for some really grisly murders (or so say a lot of murder novels).

The potential good the person can do--as a parent, a trusted leader, or a doctor--is also the measure of the potential evil. It's not that the person will do terrible evil, it's that the person can do it. Chernabog sensed potential not actual evil.

That's just potential harm the person can do. In the same lines, it's also been said that there is nothing so fierce as love turned to hate and no hate so vicious as that which still has a grain of love.

I would bet more on the first option, in Emma's case, than the second. Taken that way, as the child of True Love, the Savior of Storybrooke, etc., Emma's potential for evil if she became corrupted is a lot worse than, say, Pongo's (evil Pongo deliberately piddles on Gold's suit right before he has a date with Belle. Later that same day, Cruella gets a new coat. The end. Not exactly Luke being tempted by the Dark Side, is it?).

Although, if Emma went ballistic on everyone in SB. . . . Sorry, I've got to go off and giggle. Or maybe someone will hit Emma with a variant of the Snow Queen's curse.
I guess I agree with that. Should all the dark thoughts Emma's had, every selfish choice she made/could have made, if the doubt that lived in her suddenly came back and turned Emma evil, it would be the apocolypse as far as Storybrooke is concerned. Dragons, wraiths, curses, witches, Chernabog himself would be a joke compared to Dark!Emma. It still won't feel totally natural to me. I dunno maybe I just can't handle the corruption of heroes at the same time so many villians are seeking a just reward. I can't keep my shades of light and dark in the proper order.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Extreme Fan

I look foreward to a dark Emma very very much.

I mean, she's flawed...sure her heart may have some true love protection, but she's still human

Emma's been through a u. She probably should have cracked sometime after Season 1 honestly.....

She had a rough life, questionable past, now with everything in Storybrooke........I look foreward to see Emma unleash everything
Old 03-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I guess I agree with that. Should all the dark thoughts Emma's had, every selfish choice she made/could have made, if the doubt that lived in her suddenly came back and turned Emma evil, it would be the apocolypse as far as Storybrooke is concerned.

Why would it be the apocalypse?

Quote:
I mean, she's flawed...sure her heart may have some true love protection, but she's still human
There is nothing really unique about her "true love protection", other than her heart cannot be ripped out. That's it. She is not the only one who has broken a curse with a true love's kiss. And the yellow VW still bothers me. Why is her possession of it tolerated?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Love the episode. Loved the beginning.

1) That montage at the beginning. Briliant. Loved our first season background musical score. Loved seeing the joy and bliss on our favs faces. It felt like it was snatched right from the future where ALL our characters have finally healed and obtained their Happy Endings. By series end Granny will be baby- sitting Snow and Charming's fourth or fifth child, Regina and Robin will be walking Roland to the bus stop. Belle and Rumple will have reunited by then.

2) I wish we knew the reasons Snow had resigned office and was back to teaching. However, I love how natural and comfortable Snow is leaving her baby at home with the sitter. No longer dragging Neal all over the Mayor's office. Having wrestled with and conquered recent trauma of Neal's abduction and the painful separation from Emma, Snow's heart and mind is once again at peace.

3) Regina's pained and vulnerable facial expression upon Emma's discovery of the Page 23, and it sentimental value for Regina broke my heart.

4) Emma and Regina's growing friendship and teamwork is a joy to watch.

5) Snow and Charming's storyline is deeply intriguing, mysterious, fun -- love Snow White threatening these dark, evil witches with all the intensity of a dangerous, humorless pitbull. Love so much Snow and Charming's scenes will now have enigmatic layers undetectible to Storybrooke residents yet the audience will be crazed and clued in wondering exactly what the secret is.

6) I am deeply impressed by Hook and the remorse he has shown in this episode. I've always felt the writers were writing Hook about 2 yrs behind Regina. Regina first decided to redeem herself for her love of Henry, Hook for his heart's attraction / love for Emma. And now finally, I can see him progressing beyond using Emma as a reason to choose the side of "good". It's lovely personal growth. And Hook's scenes with Belle were nice to watch. They should team up more often, and it gives the characters a chance to expand and grow beyond their respective love interests.

7) Belle forcing Rumple away and over the Storybrooke line was a shining moment in her character arc. She became more interesting to me than she had been in years. And it continues with this episode. I'm glad she'll no longer take or endure Rumple's abuse, and it'll be good to see her grow and mature and become a stronger soul so that whenever Rumple is ready to completely give up power and choose Belle, it'll be a healthier relationship.

8) Rumple is always the most logical to me as a villain, so for however long he lasts clinging to his darkness and cruelty, I'll alternately love his dark humor, and hate how he treats and manipulates our heroes, young vulnerable females, his wife, and his son's family members. Roomies with Ursula would have kept entertained for another 2-3 episodes, and the drive thru was the height of high comedy for Once.

9) Regina's sass ans snark -- always awesome.

10) Love Cruella and Ursula! They're going to be delicously fun. Looking forward to each and every scene they'll be in.

11) Henry was wonderfully supportive in the Operation Mongoose scenes with Regina.

Last edited by OhRightTheConscienceThing; 03-05-2015 at 12:42 AM
Old 03-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Why would it be the apocalypse?

There is nothing really unique about her "true love protection", other than her heart cannot be ripped out. That's it. She is not the only one who has broken a curse with a true love's kiss. And the yellow VW still bothers me. Why is her possession of it tolerated?
It would be the apocalypse because with Emma serving darkness, there is no force on the side of good that could stop her. Given how powerful Emma is, how many people trust her, if she stopped working in the interest of the common good, all bets are off. Everyone is screwed.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
It would be the apocalypse because with Emma serving darkness, there is no force on the side of good that could stop her. Given how powerful Emma is, how many people trust her, if she stopped working in the interest of the common good, all bets are off. Everyone is screwed.
Rumpelstiltskin, if he decides to help the town, would be able to stop her. Regina managed to defeat Zelena, who was apparently more powerful than her. And how do you know that no one on the side of good would be able to stop Emma? After all, she was not the only one who was able to break a curse or stop Zelena. Emma wasn't able to stop the Chernabog (who apparently would be a joke in compare to "Dark Emma") - even with Regina's help. They had to lure it out of town.

Exactly how would two non-magical people like Snow and David kill Ursula and Cruella if they revealed the former's secret? They would need serious help to achieve this. Just as Snow received help from Rumpel to kill Cora.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.

Last edited by DR76; 03-05-2015 at 01:24 PM
Old 03-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhRightTheConscienceThing (View Post)
Love the episode. Loved the beginning.
Lovely post about the episode. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just really loved the whole dark plotting of evil in the drive thru. Makes you look at McDonald's customers in a whole new light.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

99 Episodes in 99 Days
Episode 4x12 | “Darkness on the Edge of Town” | #78
Written by: Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz
Directed by: Jon Amiel
With Gold banished from town, the residents of Storybrooke attempt to resume their normal lives. Hook and Belle search for a way to release the fairies from the Sorcerer’s hat, while Emma, Henry and Regina continue to look for clues that could lead them to the Author. But when a terrifying darkness descends on the town, Emma and Regina are forced to confront the true nature of evil. Meanwhile, in New York, Gold and Ursula enlist Cruella De Vil to join their cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineliz (View Post)
I just really loved the whole dark plotting of evil in the drive thru. Makes you look at McDonald's customers in a whole new light.
that's great.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineliz (View Post)
this episode should be called "Sass fest" or something

RoseBennett
Old 02-14-2016, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Indeed , my fave alongside Family Business for this season

Overloaded with sass this one and also Rumple likes noodles
Old 02-14-2016, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

But not the double cluck combo