Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
Belle: Always fun to see her around. And while I'm not a fan of the abusive relationship that is Rumple/Belle, I do enjoy seeing her playing the hero.

Rumple: Well, if you'd ever stop thinking about choking Belle and other weird disfuctional stuff, I might be more inclined to see the good in you.

Hook/Emma/Neal: This storyline sucks, I don't care about the writers weak attempt to cut down on the SwanQueen fans by putting Emma in this stupid sandwich. First, Henry should be the most important. Second, Neal...you did nothing....you've known Henry for five minutes. You're no ones father.

And third, Regina wasn't even there but her teaching Emma a fire spell saved the day. SwanQueen for the win.

Snow/Charming: .....I like Charming better when he was dieing.

Regina: Nice, the fire spell, Arial, you're pretty much the hero of this episode. Also, don't let Rumple lame 'foreshadowing' for Robin hood get you down, it's gonna be a fail. So either the writers will ditch it, or the show will continue to lose viewers and get canceled. Either way, we won't have to suffer through it for long.

): )
Neal spent longer than 5 minutes with Henry, in fact he spent most of last season with him. He is trying to be a father to Henry now that he knows he exists.

Rumple and Belle are not in an abusive relationship! They are good for each other! He didn't choke Belle, he knew she was in Storybrooke and thought that she was an imposter sent by Pan, and in the end, Regina showed him he was right! That is all I am going to say, because I refuse to be baited into an argument.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Elite Fan

It is a little amusing seeing two fully grown 300 year old men act like children, while Emma who is only at least 3 decades old has to be the one to tell them to grow up.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

....At most Neal spent five days with Henry. The fact that he wants to be a father now, I'll give him. Him taking any credit what so ever on what Henry turned out? Gonna go with Regina on that.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Also, don't let Rumple lame 'foreshadowing' for Robin hu down, it's gonna be a fail. So either the writers will ditch it, or the show will continue to lose viewers and get canceled. Either way, we won't have to suffer through it for long.
How do you want to know this?
Old 11-11-2013, 02:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
....At most Neal spent five days with Henry. The fact that he wants to be a father now, I'll give him. Him taking any credit what so ever on what Henry turned out? Gonna go with Regina on that.

Regina can massacre a whole village of people and crash a beating heart into dust, yet she can't teach Henry how to ride a horse or how to swing a sword.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

Loved, loved, loved the episode.

Once again Hook continues to surprise this fanbase with his selflessness so instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop how about we all finally just come to terms that this guy is legit. He means what he says and he backs it up with his actions. Every week you guys think the worse of Hook and every single week he surprises you guys while I predict pretty much everything that happens with him.

Now where to begin, well the obvious... loved the episode and Emma especially.Choosing Henry over both guys, awesome woman.

They confirmed in this weeks episode that the parallel from last week was Ariel and Killian. They both chose a friend over a chance at true love. The dialogue during the scene with Killian and Emma even stated that he did it "for a friend". Ariel and Killian both chose Snow and Neal over their chances at true love with Eric and Emma.

Hook's speech was all kinds of foreshadowing, literally. The writers would not put what they said for giggles. Then Emma calling Hook's name even though Neal was also placed in the same amount of danger as him. Yeah not subtle and then Emma looking and the camera shifting at Hook after she has done her magic and then shifting back to her with a look of realization.

No I do not think Hook's speech was disgusting. He was not pressuring her in that moment to choose, just in time she will. Emma didn't seem to mind what she said, in fact she pretty much was affected by it. She whispered to Hook afterwards and then she looked to his believe and support in getting Henry back, which he knows she will. He has yet to see her fail and he knows that she will succeed. He believes in her completely.

Like Rumple said in episode 16, conjuring magic is emotion. Whom exactly are you trying to protect? Well seems obvious since she was looking at Hook the entire time, and screamed his name.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
Regina can massacre a whole village of people and crash a beating heart into dust, yet she can't teach Henry how to ride a horse or how to swing a sword.
This is not true. It is not even true that she cannot teach Henry the things in your posting. Regina has the biggest love for horses, riding and story about it of all the characters.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlight (View Post)
This is not true. It is not even true that she cannot teach Henry the things in your posting. Regina has the biggest love for horses, riding and story about it of all the characters.
And yet Charming was the one who had to introduce him to the horse in the stables, to get him ready for riding some day.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Regina did most of the raising here, not Emma or Neal. She can take some credit, but Henry was unhappy. He was also in therapy because he knew the truth about the town and went so far as to find Emma and bring her here. We can argue for days over this, but I think, because of the curse, Regina had trouble showing love to Henry. She certainly didn't care about his feelings over the book, Emma, the playground, etc. I think after the curse, she was able to show him more affection than prior. I am not saying she doesn't love him, but what is best for her oftentimes outweighs what is best for Henry, i.e.: Trying to get rid of Emma with a sleeping curse.

As to Hook, well, its a bit premature to call him reformed, since he has barely shown remorse over things he has done and when Regina tried to change, the writers were quick to show her falling off the wagon so to speak. They also showed Rumple's struggles as well. I expect Hook to also flounder as well. I will never like him though. He is way too arrogant and thinks he is God's gift to women. Neal has his faults, but he is accepting things are going to be hard and he acknowledged what he did, which is the first step to making amends.

Also, I never heard Emma call Hook's name, I did hear Neal call Emma's, but since I barely pay attention to Hook scenes, I could be wrong, and when I was watching, she was looking at Neal, and Hook. Don't count your chicken's before they have hatched!
Old 11-11-2013, 04:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

She did call Hook's name when he got snatched by the shadows, but I don't think she actually saw Neal get snatched because she was hiding behind the fallen tree trying to light the candle and catch the shadow so they could all get off the island.

I also have to say, so far all Hook's changes are geared towards doing whatever will gain him the most favour with Emma, not doing the right thing because it's the right thing.

And really things with Hook, Neal and Emma could go any way. The writers are specifically giving all of them lines to keep it open for who will end up together, it's only our own personal preferences that make any of us see more into one relationship than the other. It's a horrible, cynical thing that I hate happening on shows.

I'd also like to point out that they've changed their minds before about character intentions, so I wouldn't put it past them to do it again.

I just hope they're not going to turn Emma into a black widow character.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 11-11-2013, 04:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just wanna say that Wendy's brothers were NOT intimidating, wearing their little trendy city clothes, i giggled so much when seeing them.

Was i the only one suspicious about The Blue Fairy? When Belle told her they had gone, her facials screamed something...
Old 11-11-2013, 04:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
And yet Charming was the one who had to introduce him to the horse in the stables, to get him ready for riding some day.
But I can understand this and why Regina did not like it to go to the stables because the stables for her are the place of the happiest memories because of Daniel and her worst memory and biggest pain too because it is where Cora killed Daniel to make it so that he was out of the way and Regina would marry the king and her whole life changed. For her the stables must be a painful place to go and now the Storybrooke stables are where she lost Daniel again too. But I think she is beginning to heal and maybe Henry and she can go to the stables together one day when they are back in Storybrooke and look after Henry's little horse and it can help them both to do this together and have this to bond over. Because the other poster is right that it is not right that only one or two people can teach Henry to ride or to do other things he likes to try and that Regina always loved horses and she can be involved with teaching Henry to look after horses and to ride too because she knows much about it.

I liked this episode alright. I loved to see Storybrooke again and Belle and Ariel together and I am happy that the Darlings are not evil and they only want to be with their sister again. It was good that Snow and Prince Charming had a conflict over his secret and that although he meant well it was not a good thing of him to do. I am happy Emma caught the shadow and that she said she chooses Henry. I don't care about the triangle and I didn't like Neal or Hook and their behaviour very much in this episode and I hope the writers leave Emma alone with this and Hook and Neal leave her alone now too and they truly focus on Henry. I would be happy if it ends there and the triangle does not get worse, but I am afraid it will happen because too many tv shows like these shipper stories.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
I also have to say, so far all Hook's changes are geared towards doing whatever will gain him the most favour with Emma, not doing the right thing because it's the right thing.
Really? Then why didn't he care if she knew or not about him saving David's life? He needed David to spin that story about Hook helping him to dodge an arrow so he would get some credit for what he did. But Hook never asked him to. He seemed happy to just keep it a secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
Also, I never heard Emma call Hook's name, I did hear Neal call Emma's, but since I barely pay attention to Hook scenes, I could be wrong, and when I was watching, she was looking at Neal, and Hook. Don't count your chicken's before they have hatched!
Well, just so there's no confusion.

She's clearly shouting "HOOK!" when the shadow grabs him.

Last edited by scififan2009; 11-11-2013 at 04:58 AM
Old 11-11-2013, 05:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Really? Then why didn't he care if she knew or not about him saving David's life? He needed David to spin that story about Hook helping him to dodge an arrow so he would get some credit for what he did. But Hook never asked him to. He seemed happy to just keep it a secret.
The secret that was never going to stay secret because as a result David can't leave Neverland? Emma was always going to find out about it for that very reason. If he'd really been doing for the right reason then why did he wait until David was about 2 hours from dying to tell him about it?

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 11-11-2013, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

I thought it was a great episode.

So glad to see SB back. I wish Grumpy would have had a bigger part though. And does Granny have to be quite so cranky? Still love her though.

Belle was a hero once again, but I love that she's not some sword-wielding, gun-toting hero. She thinks with her heart and her head. I felt so sad for her when she thought Rumple didn't need her.

The sand-dollar Star Wars stuff was cheesy. I have to admit.

I actually felt Hook's sincerity and also Neal's. I like them both. I'm just not sure I buy that Hook is suddenly in love with Emma. When did that happen exactly? Over time, I could see it, but they barely know each other. Emma was good last night too.

Loved Ariel/Belle friendship and hope to see more. I was afraid Ariel was going to be too cutesy but she was actually adorable and since Belle is adorable too, they fit together.

And Regina didn't realize Gold loved Belle before? I realize it's a plot point for Regina to feel epic sadness because she has no significant other in her life to love, but she pushed Belle into kissing Rumple because she somehow knew it was true love, imprisoned her, then kept her prisoner another 28 years and then turned her into Lacey. But she didn't realize until now that Rumple really loves her? Seriously? Okay.

And loved Gold's message to Belle at the end. Finally, he wants to live again and he's being decisive.