Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2015, 09:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Let me get this straight. Hook cast the curse that got them back to Storybrooke, yet without his memories intact. But Emma managed to get her memories?

And why does Nimue have cornrow braids?

And I HATE the fact that Henry is always so willing to easily forgive Emma. It's getting tiresome.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
I am so proud of Rumple. I understand why Belle doesn't want to restart things with him, but it broke my heart anyway. I hope Rumple does not falter because of it and proves to her what kind of man he has become. All the DOs, huh? I would have thought there would be more, but I guess DO are kinda expensive.
I think Belle has the right to do anything she wants but I also think she gave Rumple false hope in 5x06 with her tearful "It's never too late" when Rumple promised to change everything for her.

Less than 24 hours later on the timeline Rumple has very much proven himself and all the characters have learned more about how powerful the Dark Curse is and Belle still rejects him completely. She doesn't even want to start over or just support him as a friend for now and see if they can rebuild, she just rejects him outright and walks away.

It was cruel IMO and completely flipped Belle's character.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Why are we being fed this crap that motherhood is supposed to redeem a villainous woman? How incredibly sexist! Being Henry's mother didn't automatically redeem Regina. In fact, it was shame over the creation of that fail safe to the curse that initially set her on the road to real redemption. And good going A&E for justifying Zelena's rape of Robin, so that he could provide a child for her and a means of redemption. How sickening.

Quote:
She doesn't even want to start over or just support him as a friend for now and see if they can rebuild, she just rejects him outright and walks away.

Belle had never resolved the issue of what he had done in Season 4A. The whole matter was ignored over the "Queens of Darkness" situation and the Dark One curse in the Season 4 finale. It's about time for her to be selfish.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.

Last edited by DR76; 11-29-2015 at 11:37 PM
Old 11-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Absolute Fan

^ Can you please not call Zelena's glamour-facilitated seduction of Robin and subsequent impersonation by him a 'rape'? It's a completely inaccurate use of the word on numerous levels.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-29-2015, 11:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
^ Can you please not call Zelena's glamour-facilitated seduction of Robin and subsequent impersonation by him a 'rape'? It's a completely inaccurate use of the word on numerous levels.

No, I cannot. I don't think it's inaccurate. Zelena resorted to deception and tricked Robin into having sex with her. If she had presented her true self to him, do you honestly think Robin would have consented to have sex with her? I rather doubt it.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
No, I cannot. I don't think it's inaccurate.
You clearly don't know what the word actually means, then, and also clearly have very little respect for anything other than your own opinions, regardless of how twisted they might be.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:52 AM
Loyal Fan

First of all: Stop. If this thread gets closed I am going to be one unhappy camper.

Secondly, I agree that Zelena raped Robin. Rape does not have to be violent to be rape. Rape by definition is forced unwanted sexual intercourse. If a person is put in a situation where he/she is unable to say no, then it is rape. The weapon used can be a knife, alcohol or trickery. The weapon used on Robin was trickery. She posed as his dead wife, thereby taking his ability to tell Zelena he did not want to have sex with her. It is the same as what Regina did to Graham, she removed his right to say no.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Robin consented to a sexual relationship with Zelena, even if he didn't know it was her. Therefore, he was not raped by her. Anyone with even the most badic of understanding of what the clinical and legal definition of what the word "rape" actually means ought to realize this.

One could make the argument that she sexually assaulted him, but that doesn't mean she raped him (as rape, both clinically and legally, specifically refers to a non-consensual sexual act).
Old 11-30-2015, 02:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I respectfully disagree as he never agreed to have sex with Zelena. By the law, when someone is of diminished capacity (usually by drugs or alcohol) they cannot give consent and by law this is rape. Therefore, if by trickery Robin is unable to give consent to have sex with Zelena, it is rape.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:00 AM
Absolute Fan

With respect, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm letting this matter drop, though, because it's off-topic.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:08 AM
Loyal Fan

This is from the FBI regarding rape, "The carnal knowledge of a person, without the consent of the victim, including instances where the victim is incapable of giving consent because of his/her age or because of his/her temporary or permanent mental or physical incapacity." Robin consented to have sex with Marion, not Zelena.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:08 AM
Extreme Fan

The Belle/Rumple scene seemed so OOC for her...I thought it was Killian being a huge jerk. Not that her choosing to take some time was a bad thing, just the way she did it. I hope they end the mid season on a better note.

"I don't intend to let you down." - Hook
Old 11-30-2015, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

I personally agree very much with Jinzle, but kindly agree to disagree and move on from that discussion. Please stay on topic and discuss the current episode. Thank you.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:51 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasijaha (View Post)
The Belle/Rumple scene seemed so OOC for her...I thought it was Killian being a huge jerk. Not that her choosing to take some time was a bad thing, just the way she did it. I hope they end the mid season on a better note.
^I thought the same. I really expected to see Hook holding Belles heart after this scene!

Also, I really hope that by bringing back ALL the DOs, Hook also brought Merlin back, because Merlin can´t be dead. Right? Please...
Old 11-30-2015, 11:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I personally agree very much with Jinzle, but kindly agree to disagree and move on from that discussion. Please stay on topic and discuss the current episode. Thank you.

What Zelena did to Robin in S4 is relevant to what happened in this episode. Personally, I was digusted. I. can only wonder how Robin must have felt.