Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2015, 02:49 AM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or color suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colors will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colors will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colors get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 03-13-2015, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Cool!

I would say update the pictures to show the current cast

I like the colours we have now

Old 03-13-2015, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

^I agree with you Tracey.

These are the ones I feel need to be in the banner.

Emma
Snow/MM
David
Regina
Belle
Rumple
Hook

I also like the colors here, but I also would love to see something along the colors that is in the opening of the show. The bluish colors of course as I know dark colors are hard on the eye..

Old 03-13-2015, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the white background for the posts but I agree that blue should be the accent colors.

I would add Henry to the list of characters for the banner
Old 03-13-2015, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Take a look at one of the bluish boards: Criminal Minds - Fan Forum

I like the color scheme as is cause it's easy on the eye, and the cast photo definitely needs updating. Such a shame they didn't have a new cast promotional photos this season.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love those colors!

Yeah, it's a shame no new cast photos!
Old 03-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Addicted Fan

I like this photo because these are the characters who have been truly important to the show and its whole premise. Even if you don't use this photo, I think these are the characters that should be included.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

I always think of blue when I think of this show because of the title card. (My random two cents).

Would you prefer to see them as their fairytale characters or their Storybrooke characters?
Old 03-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

I like the blue idea. I think it should be the 8 main regulars: Snow, Charming, Rumple, Belle, Hook, Emma, Regina and Henry. And I used their fairy tale character name because I would prefer their fairytale characters to their Storybrooke ones.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunted skies (View Post)
I always think of blue when I think of this show because of the title card. (My random two cents).

Would you prefer to see them as their fairytale characters or their Storybrooke characters?
Except Emma (in red leather jacket) and Henry, of course, but for the rest I prefer their fairytale character. And I'm warming up to the blue idea.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Emma in the red leather jacket and Henry in his coat but everyone else in their fairy tale outfits for sure
Old 03-13-2015, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Yes I should have clarified my question that I did not mean Emma and Henry since they only have the one . That sounds good to me. Did we get any fairytale promo pictures in season three or was the last lot from season two?
Old 03-13-2015, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They did publish season 3 promotional photos, but they were hated across the board and were disgarded in less than a week. They reverted back to the season 2 photos.

No new photos for season 4 though.

ETA: it's late and now that I'm thinking about it, I can't be sure which season it was, but one was loudly panned. I'll ask Miss Cam or perhaps another poster will know.

Last edited by CityGal; 03-14-2015 at 12:43 AM
Old 03-14-2015, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

Really? Now it feels like we are barely giving you an update then .

It is unfortunate about season four having nothing, that really is a shame especially since we got such good ones in the past.

Do you have any favourite pictures of the characters you would love to see used? Personally my favourites are here and here (and this for Rumple) but considering I do not even post in the Rumbelle thread anymore I really should pay more attention to your opinions than my own fangirling .
Old 03-14-2015, 02:24 AM
Elite Fan

I think the various season two promo pictures (including the EW shoot) is probably the best for pictures. The S3 individual ones were pretty much hated, though the group pictures was okay.

It's a shame we don't know if we'll get new pictures for S5.