Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Birth / The Bear King {5.08} / {5.09} - Episode Discussion

Birth / The Bear King {5.08} / {5.09} - Episode Discussion

“Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, November 15th (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

THE HEROES’ CAMELOT QUEST CULMINATES WITH AN IMPOSSIBLE DECISION EMMA MUST MAKE WITH CONSEQUENCES SHE MAY NEVER BE ABLE TO COME BACK FROM, AND IN DUNBROCH, MERIDA TEAMS UP WITH MULAN AND RUBY ON A VERY PERSONAL MISSION, IN A SPECIAL TWO-HOUR “ONCE UPON A TIME,” STARTING AT 8/7c, SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15 ON ABC

In the first hour of this special “Once Upon a Time” event – “Birth” – tensions in Camelot come to a head when Merlin, now under Arthur’s control, delivers an ultimatum to Emma: hand over the Dark One dagger and the Promethean spark or he will kill her entire family. Refusing to give in, Emma and our heroes face off against Arthur, Merlin and Zelena in an epic battle of magic and will. Just when the end is in sight, Emma is forced to make a gut-wrenching choice that no one saw coming. Back in Storybrooke, Zelena’s pregnancy mysteriously accelerates and Hook goes to new and desperate lengths to get answers from the Dark Swan. In the second hour – “The Bear King”– Zelena and Arthur journey to DunBroch on a mission to retrieve an enchanted relic that will provide the advantage they need to vanquish Emma and our heroes. Their path will cross with Merida’s, who is on a journey of her own to pay a debt that her father, King Fergus, owed to the Witch when he died. Merida enlists the help of two friends, Mulan and Ruby, but, in order to satisfy the Witch and save DunBroch, she first must discover the identity of the knight who killed her father. In flashbacks, Merida learns about bravery and honor as she trains for combat and rides alongside Fergus into the infamous battle that claims his life, in the two-hour “Once Upon a Time,” airing SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

“Birth” was written by David H. Goodman & Jerome Schwartz and directed by Eagle Egilsson. Guest cast includes Beverley Elliott as Granny, David-Paul Grove as Doc, Micahel Coleman as Happy, David Anders as Dr. Whale, Ingrid Torrance as Nurse Ratched, Elliot Knight as Merlin, Liam Garrigan as King Arthur and Joana Metrass as Guinivere.

“The Bear King” was written by Andrew Chambliss and directed by Geofrey Hildrew. Guest cast includes Meghan Ory as Red/Ruby, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Jamie Chung as Mulan, Amy Manson as Merida, Glenn Keogh as King Fergus, Caroline Morahan as Queen Elinor, Lily Knight as Witch, Richard Stroh as Edgar, Paul Telfer as Lord Macintosh, Marco D’Angelo as Lord MacGuffin, Josh Hallem as Lord Dingwall, Matthew Olsen as Brother #1, Jordan Olsen as Brother #2, Colton Barnert as Brother #3 and Liam Garrigan as King Arthur.
ABC

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 11-14-2015, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting the thread.

Last edited by CityGal; 11-14-2015 at 11:07 PM
Old 11-15-2015, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening the thread.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Happy Once Day! A gut wrenching choice noone saw coming? I don't know about that. Does Emma have to choose between the lives of Hook, Henry and her parents? Or is that too easy? Honestly nothing is going to suprise me now.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Once Day! Two-hours of fairytale goodness.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

very exited about this episode, specially the first hour

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 11-15-2015, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy ONCE day
Old 11-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Excited to see other characters making appearances again, but hoping the focus of this 2-hour special would be on the regulars.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Merlin is DEAD?? That's it for him? What a waste! Typical of this show. And I'm sure that many of you know what I'm talking about.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:28 PM
Loyal Fan

He can't be dead. At least not yet. He still has to leave the message for David and Snow.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's about time they brought Ruby back. She's been gone forever. I wonder how they are going to explain her absence.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 11-15-2015, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Was bored though the whole thing, but Hook being a DO and going against Rumple should be interesting. Though I am not sure how Hook could not have known he was a DO.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
Was bored though the whole thing, but Hook being a DO and going against Rumple should be interesting. Though I am not sure how Hook could not have known he was a DO.
The second episode was definitely a waste. I like Merida, but that whole hour did nothing for the main storyline, only explained the absence of Mulan and Red.

I guess Emma was able to somehow steal his memories as well, despite the fact that he was also a DO.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnki (View Post)
The second episode was definitely a waste. I like Merida, but that whole hour did nothing for the main storyline, only explained the absence of Mulan and Red.

I guess Emma was able to somehow steal his memories as well, despite the fact that he was also a DO.
I get she stole his memories, but I still think he would have those dark impulses and the other DO talking to him. It just didn't work for me.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved the first part the second part not so much