Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm25 (View Post)
How IS Lily gonna take everything?

"Hi Lily? Guess what....you're actually part dragon, and you were born in another world, and your mother is a sorceroress who can also turn into a dragon, and you have extra evil inside of you. But I want you to come to an invisible town called Storybrooke where everyone is a fairytale character and/or from other worlds entirely."

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. No.
Just to be really nitpicky, Lily wasn't born, she was hatched. I'm mentioning it because you know the bit in Macbeth where it's prophesied that Macbeth can't be killed by any man of woman born? And Macduff fulfills this because, as a c-section baby, he wasn't born, he was from his mother's womb untimely ripped.

On this show, that could turn out to be important.

Also, she started hatching in one world and finished hatching in another, so I could see it being a similar point that she could claim either, both, or neither world as her "hatching" place.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm25 (View Post)
How IS Lily gonna take everything?

"Hi Lily? Guess what....you're actually part dragon, and you were born in another world, and your mother is a sorceroress who can also turn into a dragon, and you have extra evil inside of you. But I want you to come to an invisible town called Storybrooke where everyone is a fairytale character and/or from other worlds entirely."

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. No.
And emma saying. " I am the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming and had a child with Rumplestilkin slas beast crocodiles son and I am now dating Captain Hook
Old 03-30-2015, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

A conversation I eagerly await to see.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I called that Lily was Emma's friend at the beginning of the episode by lucky guess, me and my mom took a bet. The burn mark she had on her wrist was evidently from when she pushed her arm through the egg before she went through the portal. My question is did they plan this from the beginning? Because I think it's fantastic crafting.

I am absolutely besotted with the fact they gave Walt credit finally! I was so happy and the evil author who manipulated the book is such a good twist. Christ im on a high with this show right now. One of my favourites.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:35 PM
New Fan

Ursula and Cruella has been in the real world for the past thirty years. So that means they were here when the disney movies about them first came out.

I am imagining a scene of the two of them heckling the screen at a movie theater.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrule (View Post)
Ursula and Cruella has been in the real world for the past thirty years. So that means they were here when the disney movies about them first came out.

I am imagining a scene of the two of them heckling the screen at a movie theater.
Cruella's movie came out in 1961, twenty years before they arrived. But, I can see Cruella really enjoying it when Ursula finally had a movie representing her ("Oh, darling! Look how much weight you've put on since you knew Ariel!").
Old 03-30-2015, 07:11 PM
New Fan

I am not sure why but after the last episode I think the writers gave us a major easter egg. When Snow and Charming touched the horn, Charming saw the baby that was "good", but Snow saw Emma as a teen who was "evil". Something else seemed off. Why would they show the teen verison?

For some reason this got me thinking about their hair colour. Distinctly Emma is blonde, Mal is blonde. Lily is brown haired basically the raven locks of her mother and Charming's brown hair. Basic genetics tells us that unless they both contained a recessive gene for "blonde hair" their child will likely have the same if not a slightly lighter colour in hair for Emma. Yet hers is distinctly blonde. Seeing both Snow and Charming's parents their hair colour does not represent that gene (from my memory anyway).

This led me to believe that Emma is actually Mal's daughter.

As it relates to her as a savoir, that can be rectified by the fact that they are both essentially "blank slates". That their darkness manifested itself based on their environment. We saw parts of Emma's past where the Snow Queen attempted to make it pleasant each time she engaged in "evilesque behaviour". To the Snow Queen arc, it didn't matter that Emma was the savoir only that she had magic and it was misunderstood.

Also the term savoir is never clarified. Although she has light magic, as presumably Mal's daughter would, she could be the savoir of darkness, rather than light.

I am sure there will be others who disagree, I just wanted to start a discussion on this possibility and hopefully poke holes in my theory.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

enjoyed the episode
wow lily mals daughter what a way to incorporate it

the author was the one in the flashback

looking forward to the next episode

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 03-30-2015, 07:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmsTree (View Post)
I am not sure why but after the last episode I think the writers gave us a major easter egg. When Snow and Charming touched the horn, Charming saw the baby that was "good", but Snow saw Emma as a teen who was "evil". Something else seemed off. Why would they show the teen verison?

For some reason this got me thinking about their hair colour. Distinctly Emma is blonde, Mal is blonde. Lily is brown haired basically the raven locks of her mother and Charming's brown hair. Basic genetics tells us that unless they both contained a recessive gene for "blonde hair" their child will likely have the same if not a slightly lighter colour in hair for Emma. Yet hers is distinctly blonde. Seeing both Snow and Charming's parents their hair colour does not represent that gene (from my memory anyway).

This led me to believe that Emma is actually Mal's daughter.

As it relates to her as a savoir, that can be rectified by the fact that they are both essentially "blank slates". That their darkness manifested itself based on their environment. We saw parts of Emma's past where the Snow Queen attempted to make it pleasant each time she engaged in "evilesque behaviour". To the Snow Queen arc, it didn't matter that Emma was the savoir only that she had magic and it was misunderstood.

Also the term savoir is never clarified. Although she has light magic, as presumably Mal's daughter would, she could be the savoir of darkness, rather than light.

I am sure there will be others who disagree, I just wanted to start a discussion on this possibility and hopefully poke holes in my theory.

Charming is also a blond. Rumpel used Snow and Charming's DNA to ensure that Emma would be the one to break the first curse. Also, the episode showed Mal's daughter starting to hatch before the apprentice sent her through a portal and to this world. This tells me that Emma is the Charmings' offspring.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Charming is also a blond. Rumpel used Snow and Charming's DNA to ensure that Emma would be the one to break the first curse. Also, the episode showed Mal's daughter starting to hatch before the apprentice sent her through a portal and to this world. This tells me that Emma is the Charmings' offspring.
Not to Mention Just because A Parent has Dark hair doesn't mean that the Child will have Black Hair. My Niece is Blonde (much like Emma's) But My sister has Black hair (Like Snow's) Where as my Brother in law has Blonde.

That Said though I did like the Ep in and of itself and I enjoyed how they Mentioned Walt I swear as a Huge Disney Fan I did a little Happy Dance.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Banned

My little sister pointed out Lily to me. She is a clever one I love her for that.

That said Lily was sent to a world without magic... now should she return to a place of magic her evil may come out. What needs to be done is to restore the balance between Lily and Emma. So they can be what they choose to become. Good or Evil.. it should be their choice.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:59 AM
Elite Fan

Rumple had a reason for showing Maleficent that vision of Lily. He probably wants her to be found so the spell can be reversed and Emma can be made dark.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Cruella's movie came out in 1961, twenty years before they arrived. But, I can see Cruella really enjoying it when Ursula finally had a movie representing her ("Oh, darling! Look how much weight you've put on since you knew Ariel!").
this i can imagine
Old 03-31-2015, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
My little sister pointed out Lily to me. She is a clever one I love her for that.

That said Lily was sent to a world without magic... now should she return to a place of magic her evil may come out. What needs to be done is to restore the balance between Lily and Emma. So they can be what they choose to become. Good or Evil.. it should be their choice.
The Apprentice made it clear that once the spell is cast it cannot be undone. Perhaps the message of the "gift of free will" may have a significant point in the story. Regardless of our disposition, the decisions we make over one's lifetime ultimately determine who we are.

We'll soon find out what the writers have in store for us.

Last edited by CityGal; 03-31-2015 at 05:17 PM
Old 03-31-2015, 03:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Rumple had a reason for showing Maleficent that vision of Lily. He probably wants her to be found so the spell can be reversed and Emma can be made dark.
I never thought of that, but that's an interesting theory. I can see Rumple doing that. Makes sense.