Old 01-24-2015, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

, just don't retconn anything if they do it better be damn good

Old 01-24-2015, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

OUAT has done a few retcons in the past, so can't rule it out!
Old 01-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
I’m very close with my family. They’re very supportive of what I do and I’m very lucky to have that. I’m very close with my mum. She’s supportive. She, trusts me. She knows that I’m not going to make stupid decisions about things and I guess you have to have quite a mature attitude towards life, moving when you’re sort of 18 to another country and I’m sure she was concerned but she, she trusts me. She knows that I’m smart about things.
source

Old 01-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Gorgeous. That's one of my favorite looks of hers--she was channeling pure Hollywood glamour that night.

I love the idea that Rumple didn't really have an ulterior motive in dealing for Belle--except perhaps that she intrigued him because she was the one who came up with the idea of sending for him (and also, cleavage ). One of the best things about their relationship--and one of the ones that makes it my favorite version of B&tB--is that he never saw her coming. In most versions, including Disney's, the Beast wants the Beauty because he knows if he can get her to love him, it will break his curse. That detail always bothered me--it made the relationship inherently unequal in some ways, and casts doubt on the validity of his love for her.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
Gorgeous. That's one of my favorite looks of hers--she was channeling pure Hollywood glamour that night.

I love the idea that Rumple didn't really have an ulterior motive in dealing for Belle--except perhaps that she intrigued him because she was the one who came up with the idea of sending for him (and also, cleavage ). One of the best things about their relationship--and one of the ones that makes it my favorite version of B&tB--is that he never saw her coming. In most versions, including Disney's, the Beast wants the Beauty because he knows if he can get her to love him, it will break his curse. That detail always bothered me--it made the relationship inherently unequal in some ways, and casts doubt on the validity of his love for her.
I agree! He picked her because his deals almost always ask for the most precious thing they have and in ending a war and saving lives, Rumple picked the kingdom's greatest treasure, Belle.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
I agree! He picked her because his deals almost always ask for the most precious thing they have and in ending a war and saving lives, Rumple picked the kingdom's greatest treasure, Belle.
I think Belle was right when she told him she thought he picked her because he was lonely. I don't think he ever thought that she would treat him any different than anyone else had, but he was desperate for some form of companionship that he was willing to put up with anything in order to have that human contact. When she didn't met his expectations, I think he was flabbergasted and just didn't know what to make of the whole situation. He never expected her to like him, let alone fall in love with him.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I love the idea that Rumple didn't really have an ulterior motive in dealing for Belle--except perhaps that she intrigued him because she was the one who came up with the idea of sending for him (and also, cleavage ). One of the best things about their relationship--and one of the ones that makes it my favorite version of B&tB--is that he never saw her coming.
I totally agree!

Quote:
In most versions, including Disney's, the Beast wants the Beauty because he knows if he can get her to love him, it will break his curse. That detail always bothered me--it made the relationship inherently unequal in some ways, and casts doubt on the validity of his love for her.
Not exactly. The beast needed to love her back in order to break the curse - at least in the Disney movie. This is from the Prologue:

If he could learn to love another,
And earn her love in return
By the time the last petal fell,
Then the spell would be broken.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:

I love the idea that Rumple didn't really have an ulterior motive in dealing for Belle--except perhaps that she intrigued him because she was the one who came up with the idea of sending for him (and also, cleavage ). One of the best things about their relationship--and one of the ones that makes it my favorite version of B&tB--is that he never saw her coming.

Beauty and on top of that sass

Old 01-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

true
Old 01-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

A deadly mixture

Old 01-29-2015, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

How we should do a 28 days of Rumple and also a 28 days of Belle and Rumbelle on the perspective threads.

What do you guyus think?

That is easier than my rying to do a survivor sicne I haven't had a ahcne to pull things together.

I can just copy what's over on our Tumblr tags and we can each day post a gif ,screencap, or just post about something with our fav.
Master Fan

dp
Master Fan

How about we do a 28 days of Rumple and also a 28 days of Belle and Rumbelle on the perspective threads.

What do you guys think?

That is easier than my trying to do a survivor since I haven't had a chance to pull things together.

I can just copy what's over on our Tumblr tags and we can each day post a gif ,screencap, or just post about something with our fav.

This would start on Feb 1
Old 01-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Lovely idea

source

Old 01-30-2015, 06:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
How we should do a 28 days of Rumple and also a 28 days of Belle and Rumbelle on the perspective threads.

What do you guyus think?

That is easier than my rying to do a survivor sicne I haven't had a ahcne to pull things together.

Great idea!

Quote:
Not exactly. The beast needed to love her back in order to break the curse - at least in the Disney movie. This is from the Prologue:

If he could learn to love another,
And earn her love in return
By the time the last petal fell,
Then the spell would be broken.
Yes, but IMO it's a lot easier to fall in love with a person if you know it's to your benefit (especially a loveable person, and especially if she's the only one around who isn't furniture AND your employee ).