Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2014, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Lovely pic..

Grace, I agree with you! I replied to your post in Rumbelle thread because I thought it would be more appropriate place for this discussion.
Yeah, thanks for that Of course Belle's various relationships with people can be brought up in this thread, but discussions specificially about a relationship is more suited for the thread devoted to that relationship
Old 06-22-2014, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

love all the pics!!

Belle is a strong woman. She loves with all her being and has faith and the greatest capacity to forgive. It's a strength.

She will do what is right for herself,, but it will lead her back to her TL always.

As for the comparison to Romeo and Juliette. The most famous of romantic couples, full of angst and drama, .. Yes I can see why Emilie would compare.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

x
Old 06-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Extreme Fan

I love the dress Emilie is wearing in some of these latest twitter photos.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Y'know, um, the dress Emilie is wearing today would have made a good nontraditional wedding dress.

Just saying.

As far as Belle asking Rumple not to kill Z--it's one of those things that to me are so far out of character that I have trouble even talking about it (Rumple's dagger lie is another). Yes, Belle has asked Rumple not to give in to his hate before--but the very FIRST thing she says to him, seeing him sane and out of a cage for the first time in a year, knowing that his son was just murdered? It's mind-boggling. When Belle regained her memories after being Lacey, the first thing she said to Rumple was that he'd lost his son and she was sorry. Belle's first thought on seeing him would have been to make sure he was okay--and then they would have talked about things, and he'd have revealed how very NOT okay he was, and maybe she would have tried to talk him out of killing Zelena THEN, but this way was just ridiculous.

The only way I can reconcile it in my head (and I've probably said this before), is if Regina gave Belle the dagger conditionally. Regina had been intending on keeping it, but Belle convinced her that it would be wrong to enslave Rumple any further. And so Regina turned it over, but with a warning, like, "Here's the leash, take your Dark One for a walk, but you'd better keep him out of my petunias."
Old 06-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Emilie's dress today was very pretty.

This show has the characters do out if character things all the time. I think Belle will be rightfully angry. She needs to start thinking about herself. She deserves better than to be lied to. Of course I feel for Rumple. He's been through hell. But I want Belle to come first and for him to be honest with her.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Day 2 of the Paris convention

source
Old 06-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Lovely. And the pics of her and Lana are adorable.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Old 06-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the pics and the tweets I hope Emilie had a great time with it all.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
"Here's the leash, take your Dark One for a walk, but you'd better keep him out of my petunias."

Yes, it was OOC for Belle to go directly to that unless Regina had laid it on thick . . . or . . . something (trying to think of other reasons and coming up blank).

Although, I would have liked it if Dorothy made a comeback and got to do in Zelena.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

source
Old 06-23-2014, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
As far as Belle asking Rumple not to kill Z--it's one of those things that to me are so far out of character that I have trouble even talking about it (Rumple's dagger lie is another). Yes, Belle has asked Rumple not to give in to his hate before--but the very FIRST thing she says to him, seeing him sane and out of a cage for the first time in a year, knowing that his son was just murdered? It's mind-boggling. When Belle regained her memories after being Lacey, the first thing she said to Rumple was that he'd lost his son and she was sorry. Belle's first thought on seeing him would have been to make sure he was okay--and then they would have talked about things, and he'd have revealed how very NOT okay he was, and maybe she would have tried to talk him out of killing Zelena THEN, but this way was just ridiculous
Was it really out of character? She knew exactly what he would want to do the minute he got the dagger back and she called him on it.

And Belle was right to not want him to kill anyone. The characters do "OOC" things all the time though. The writing on this show isn't the best and I've just learned to accept it.

I mean, he's finally free of the witch and he goes.....back to his shop. Not to find Belle, but back to his shop. That wasn't really the first thing I thought he would do. I thought he would go find her. But it is what it is.

I'm kind of sad that people, at least online, are blaming Belle already (not meaning you, but other posts I've seen elsewhere) if she leaves him because she was just married and that would be like breaking her vow. But didn't he already do that? When he proposed to her with a fake symbol and then switched the tape in the jail so she wouldn't find out and is letting her believe she has the real dagger?

I love them both but Belle isn't the one who did wrong here. Emilie said we would see an angrier Belle this season (which may or may not be true. That may just be wishful thinking). But I'm glad if it's true. She should get angry. She has every right.

And then, of course, being Belle, she will realize what he went through and help him, imo. But I also hope that he will fight for his marriage. I'm not sure because of his poor self image. He just generally lets her walk away. It seems like deep down he's always thought she would leave like everyone else. I just hope this time is different and he tries to make amends. Sorry, I know that probably belongs in the Rumbelle thread but it pertains in large part to Belle as a character.

On another note, it was so nice seeing all the nice things people said about Emilie and what a doll she is. She apparently stayed after everyone else left and continued signing autographs and she and Lana both were kind of disregarding the people telling them to speed it up. Love them.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

I love the gifs of Emilie at the convention. She's so cute.

I don't think it was OOC for Belle to ask Rumple not to give into his hate. Not because she wanted Zelena to live. But because she knew that him killing another person would darken his soul more. She was protecting him from himself.

Belle is a strong person and can see people's hearts and know they are true. I woudln't be surpised if she already has an idea of what happened.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

That's exactly it. I don't think Belle cared really about REgina or Hook or Zelena, but she does about Rumple and she doesn't want to kill people, even if they deserved it, for himself and his soul. So of course she wouldn't want him to kill.

What would be OOC if, even if she leaves him for a time and is angry, rightfully so, she doesn't eventually understand and forgive him, if he also makes strides in his redemption and shows her she can trust him. I think that's the major issue is not being able to trust him. But Belle is very forgiving as Emilie says, so while I want her to be mad, I don't think it's in character for her to be mad forever.