Robert Carlyle

Ooo so many....

I'm cheating

Got with my signature...

and

'To Me Love is layed, love is a mystery to be uncovered..'

Old 07-30-2014, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

"I learned a long time ago, that when you find something that's worth fighting for... you never give up. "
Old 07-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

As a lover of book, I really like Belle's various comments about books and reading.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

I do like those all.

I like the his heart is true and yours is rotten. Belle is good at reading people, jsut hope she can contnue to bring out the better man inside the dark one
Old 07-30-2014, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

I'm actually really not a fan of the rotten heart line. In light of how the rest of the season plays out (with Rumple nearly murdering Henry), it just makes me sigh a bit.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

shh.. you aren't suppose to remind me of that. That was S2 bad writing... I am trying to forget.

You know that's nothing I can so to make it ok either. I can't gloss over his actions at that moment. I can't find anyway to validate it.

I know some can find ways to make excuses to exenerate a their favorite chraracters actions. But I can't.

he was affected by Lacey, he was in turmoil. But it doesn't matter that was a completely horrible moment.

I can only hope that with his sacrifice, Bae's death, and wahtever S4 brigns that Rumple can try and make amends.

I still think Belle was right about what she said that moment.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Great quotes

Old 07-31-2014, 12:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I still think Belle was right about what she said that moment.
See, my issue with her quote is not that she sees good in Rumple, but that she then refuses even the possibility of it being in another villain - she called Hook's heart rotten in that moment and said Rumple had good, and then the season ends on Rumple nearly murdering his grandson (a horrible moment, as you said) and Hook actually making a good decision that he then stuck with through Neverland. Plus Belle finds out about Rumple having murdered Milah that episode and doesn't even call him out on it or ask him about it. So that quote in hindsight makes it sound like Belle sees the good in Rumple, but almost blindly so and not in others (who have arguably not done as bad, certainly not worse) - which is not what I want for her character.

(She had every right to tell Hook off given his actions, don't get me wrong. Oh so very much since he was totally a villain then. It's just the way the comparison played out with the rest of the season that makes me now, in hindsight, really not like the quote. That she didn't tell off Rumple also factors into it. I could very well just be weird about it. I suppose if I view it as Belle being emotional in the moment it makes sense that she'd blurt that out.)

I loved, LOVED Belle calling Hook out on what he'd done to her in 3x15, though. That was awesome, because she was calling him out on his actions towards her, which yes. Right on, Belle.

Last edited by Miss Cam; 07-31-2014 at 01:40 AM
Old 07-31-2014, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
See, my issue with her quote is not that she sees good in Rumple, but that she then refuses even the possibility of it being in another villain - she called Hook's heart rotten in that moment and said Rumple had good, and then the season ends on Rumple nearly murdering his grandson (a horrible moment, as you said) and Hook actually making a good decision that he then stuck with through Neverland. Plus Belle finds out about Rumple having murdered Milah that episode and doesn't even call him out on it or ask him about it. So that quote in hindsight makes it sound like Belle sees the good in Rumple, but almost blindly so and not in others (who have arguably not done as bad, certainly not worse) - which is not what I want for her character.

(She had every right to tell Hook off given his actions, don't get me wrong. Oh so very much since he was totally a villain then. It's just the way the comparison played out with the rest of the season that makes me now, in hindsight, really not like the quote. That she didn't tell off Rumple also factors into it. I could very well just be weird about it. I suppose if I view it as Belle being emotional in the moment it makes sense that she'd blurt that out.)

I loved, LOVED Belle calling Hook out on what he'd done to her in 3x15, though. That was awesome, because she was calling him out on his actions towards her, which yes. Right on, Belle.

I get what you meant now. I certainly don't want them to go that route with Belle. Supposedly according do A/E there was a moment in the car a scene that was cut where they discussed Milah, and his fear of talking to her when she asked him what happened.
So that I think was handled.

But yes I don't want her standing by his side and not sees that he can still do the wrong thing.
I think the way she looked at him in the sheriff's station when they looked at the video showed she had doubts of his innocence.
Hopefully we'll see her character fleshed out more, given a centric, and maybe not be so forgiving. I don't feel she trusts Hook yet, or forgave him.

No one except us know about the Henry moment. And though this isn't a discussion for the board, but can Rumple ever be forgiven for it? He went to Neverland willing to die for his grandson, even after he found Bae alive and was rejected by him. He did sacrifice himself in the end, and wouldn't let Pan win, so in fact he did die for Henry and kept his word. SO does that warrant forgiveness?

But of course to forgive one villain for a past action we should forgive all right?

I just feel so attack right now..
Old 07-31-2014, 03:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
See, my issue with her quote is not that she sees good in Rumple, but that she then refuses even the possibility of it being in another villain - she called Hook's heart rotten in that moment and said Rumple had good, and then the season ends on Rumple nearly murdering his grandson (a horrible moment, as you said) and Hook actually making a good decision that he then stuck with through Neverland. Plus Belle finds out about Rumple having murdered Milah that episode and doesn't even call him out on it or ask him about it. So that quote in hindsight makes it sound like Belle sees the good in Rumple, but almost blindly so and not in others (who have arguably not done as bad, certainly not worse) - which is not what I want for her character
I think in the moment she said it, Belle was right. AT that moment? Hook did have a rotten heart. And in fairness, all she knew of Hook was him knocking her unconscious in FTL, knowing he wanted to kill Rumple, him chasing her around the library, and him now holding a gun on her. It would have been a comedy if she had said to him in that moment, "I know there's good in you."

With Rumple it was different because she does know there is good in him. By this time, I think we can assume that she and Rumple/Gold were lovers. He had shown her tenderness and love and she saw this side of him. So her believing the best about Rumple made sense. Just like her seeing the bad in Hook made sense. At that moment.

Did Hook change? Yes. He did. I think he will still in the future show moments of being a pirate just like Gold will show being the Dark One. But they will also both show goodness.

I think Emilie even seems a little irritated with Belle's constant unwavering belief in Rumple without really talking much about the things he's done. I love her faith in him and her steadfastness. It's actually OOC for Belle to completely give up.

But his actions should have consequences and his lying to her definitely. But I want her to have focus and show how this affects her. If she leaves him? I want to see where she goes to live and how she is coping.

But I'm just concerned that if she does leave him Belle will just pretty much disappear and she'll be shown every know and then having iced tea at Granny's, and that's not what I want or any Belle fan wants. I've veered off topic here a bit, lol, sorry.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I think in the moment she said it, Belle was right. AT that moment? Hook did have a rotten heart. And in fairness, all she knew of Hook was him knocking her unconscious in FTL, knowing he wanted to kill Rumple, him chasing her around the library, and him now holding a gun on her. It would have been a comedy if she had said to him in that moment, "I know there's good in you."

With Rumple it was different because she does know there is good in him. By this time, I think we can assume that she and Rumple/Gold were lovers. He had shown her tenderness and love and she saw this side of him. So her believing the best about Rumple made sense. Just like her seeing the bad in Hook made sense. At that moment.

Did Hook change? Yes. He did. I think he will still in the future show moments of being a pirate just like Gold will show being the Dark One. But they will also both show goodness.

I think Emilie even seems a little irritated with Belle's constant unwavering belief in Rumple without really talking much about the things he's done. I love her faith in him and her steadfastness. It's actually OOC for Belle to completely give up.

But his actions should have consequences and his lying to her definitely. But I want her to have focus and show how this affects her. If she leaves him? I want to see where she goes to live and how she is coping.

But I'm just concerned that if she does leave him Belle will just pretty much disappear and she'll be shown every know and then having iced tea at Granny's, and that's not what I want or any Belle fan wants. I've veered off topic here a bit, lol, sorry.
To me Hook's redemption is non-existent and a joke but before you defend him and please don't I am about ready to scream, let's look at this another way. Rumple made mistakes, but he hasn't hit her, locked her up well except her first few nights in the dungeon, or tried to kill her and in Hook's case it was three times he tried to kill her. He also offered a half-assed apology that would have resulted in my foot up his you know what if he delivered to me such an insincere apology. Bottom line, Rumple protected her even from herself(Lacey) and did not physically hurt her. He tried to act the beast but he also was one of the few people who actually valued her opinion. This could very well be the reason why she sees the good in Rumple, and lets face it he is remorseful for the things he has done and accepts responsibility. Another thing, she is in love with him and we tend to forgive the ones we love. I hope she forgives him about the dagger because I hate to see them apart and not because Belle may get less screen time. I don't rejoice in break-ups. About Milha, she was no innocent. I am not saying she deserved death, but she hurt Rumple and Bae, left them, and faked her death. I think given all the evidence, that the murder was not intentional but a crime of passion. I think it was something Rumple deeply regretted as he regretted all of his crimes. Maybe Belle is more the not hold your past against you type? It should have given her pause but then it was an impulsive act from a man who could not control his curse at the time. She saw and probably heard his regrets and decided not to hold it against him considering his frame of mind at the time. None of this is excusing what he did. I wouldn't do that and I detested Milha! I mean no offence in this.

You know that's nothing I can so to make it ok either. I can't gloss over his actions at that moment. I can't find anyway to validate it.

I know some can find ways to make excuses to exenerate a their favorite chraracters actions. But I can't.

he was affected by Lacey, he was in turmoil. But it doesn't matter that was a completely horrible moment.

I can only hope that with his sacrifice, Bae's death, and wahtever S4 brigns that Rumple can try and make amends.

I still think Belle was right about what she said that moment.[/QUOTE]

I have trouble with that scene, because in one shot, you see the fraying of the rope and the next shot, the rope is fine. I thought it was just a horrible dream he had. I never thought it was real. I am not excusing it, I just never thought it actually happened.

Last edited by Grace52373; 07-31-2014 at 07:38 PM Reason: added and corrected post
Old 07-31-2014, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
To me hook's redemption is non-existent and a joke but before you defend him and please don't I am about ready to scream, let's look at this another way. Rumple made mistakes, but he hasn't hit here, locked her up, or tried to kill her and in Hook's case it was three times and he offered a half-assed apology that would have resulted in my foot up his you know what if he delivered me such an insincere apology. Bottom line, Rumple protected her even from herself and did not physically hurt her. he tried to act the beast but he also was one of the few people who actually valued her opinion. This could very well be the reason why she sees the good in Rumple, and lets face it he is remorseful for the things he has done, and not the others. I mean no offence in this.
I don't take offense to that. We don't all like the same characters and that's fine. It makes it interesting.

I like Hook. But I think Belle was absolutely right that his heart was rotten at that moment. And yes it was not a sincere apology. I think he's been whitewashed terribly. He has a lot to make up for still. But I think, imo, Hook is heading there. He's done unselfish things and shown there's good in him. I feel the same way about Rumple.

I think Rumple has shown more remorse than anyone. I also think he has paid much more than anyone. It would actually be nice to see him get some happiness, at least for more than five minutes, and let the others suffer a bit more.

But since this is about Belle, I'll just say, I do not blame Belle for a minute for saying Hook's heart was rotten and Rumple has good in him.

But I love that Belle does not trust Hook completely. Why should she? And she told Regina off too. It was about time. And as much as I love them, I want her to have a huge reaction, and I think I will, to Rumple lying to her. I want to see her point of view strongly in all of this.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Any ideas for titles?