Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2014, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
Don't get me started either.

I would so love to see little baby!Belle, and with this show they'd probably do a good job of getting a particularly adorable kid. (And we might get her parents--her real parents, cough--as well, so bonus.)

I almost don't want them to show why Rumple picked Belle because it will undoubtedly not match my beloved headcanon that she was the one who figured out some secret way to contact him, and that's what made him curious enough to ask for her.
I think I read a fan fiction once where he came earlier to their kingdom and kind of spied on them and was so fascinated by Belle that he decided to make the deal for her. That she just captivated him from the start.

Nothing against Maurice. I loved him in the film, but I don't care for Once's version. I have always wanted her to be someone else's child.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I wanted to smack Maurice!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

yes the Maurice from the show is far different from the disney movie.

I wanted to smack him as well.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Hurry up Sunday!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

Maurice is adorable in the movie. I don't like this one at all.

I saw something the other day about how Belle would be Hermione in Harry Potter. I thought that was a very good comparison. Hermione was my favorite from those movies and Belle is my favorite on Once. She is like her though, always getting disgusted with people who don't read, using her brains to figure things out.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

That' what Belle is all about
Old 03-20-2014, 05:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)

I saw something the other day about how Belle would be Hermione in Harry Potter. I thought that was a very good comparison. Hermione was my favorite from those movies and Belle is my favorite on Once. She is like her though, always getting disgusted with people who don't read, using her brains to figure things out.
Aside from the fact that they assassinated book!Hermione's character in the movies, I agree.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 03-20-2014, 06:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Maurice needed considerable smacking.

Yes, Belle is like Hermione (which is why when those Hogwarts sorting things turn up, I always put her in Gryffindor--like Hermione, she has the smarts for Ravenclaw but values courage even more than intelligence). And they're about the same age (not counting curses), now that I think of it. I'd actually love some crossover fic where Belle and Hermione just hang out and talk about their lives--does that exist?
Old 03-20-2014, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

yes I agree with the Hermoine comparison. But truthfully I thought by the end of last book JK Rowling did more damage to the story. It made me never want to reread the books again
Old 03-20-2014, 08:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
yes I agree with the Hermoine comparison. But truthfully I thought by the end of last book JK Rowling did more damage to the story. It made me never want to reread the books again
Oh, I loathed the last book, but to me the problem wasn't with the characterization of Harry, Hermione, or Ron, but with Snape and the overall structure of the plot (the whole "deathly hallows" thing arising out of nowhere is IMO a good example of a writer letting plot get away from them). Actually, Rowling is like A&E (though whatever you might want to say about her, she's a far better writer than them): she told the story she wanted to tell, but a) it wasn't the story she SAID she was telling, and b) the story she SAID she was telling was so much better and more interesting than the one she did tell.

I don't remember movie Maurice very well, but it seemed like he'd do anything for his daughter. All OUAT Moe wanted was a daughter who'd do what HE wanted. Bring on the real daddy.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I loved the books and the movies. I just wish they had given more story to some of the older people. I got pretty tired of Harry, LOL. I hated the epilogue to the book though. They should have left it to the imagination about what happened to them in later years, imo.

Quote:
Oh, I loathed the last book, but to me the problem wasn't with the characterization of Harry, Hermione, or Ron, but with Snape and the overall structure of the plot (the whole "deathly hallows" thing arising out of nowhere is IMO a good example of a writer letting plot get away from them). Actually, Rowling is like A&E (though whatever you might want to say about her, she's a far better writer than them): she told the story she wanted to tell, but a) it wasn't the story she SAID she was telling, and b) the story she SAID she was telling was so much better and more interesting than the one she did tell.
I loved Snape, LOL. I tend to like the bad guys.

Movie Maurice was a doll. I sooo want Belle to have a real father out there.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I loved the books and the movies. I just wish they had given more story to some of the older people. I got pretty tired of Harry, LOL. I hated the epilogue to the book though. They should have left it to the imagination about what happened to them in later years, imo.
the epilogue is what bothered me the most. It felt like bad Fanfiction. I also didn't like Lupin dying, He's suffered too much imo.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
the epilogue is what bothered me the most. It felt like bad Fanfiction. I also didn't like Lupin dying, He's suffered too much imo.
OMG. He and Tonks never should have died. I hated that. And yeah, that ruined the book for me, the whole thing at the end. The only thing I liked was finally giving Snape some credit.

But anyway, Belle just reminds me of Hermione a lot.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

The thing is though, people don't die or survive based on merit. Good people die trying to do the right thing. I respect JK for doing that, because it's what actually happens. And it's a bit of reality that so often gets left out of children's books, which is probably why it was so heartbreaking.

I do agree about the epilogue though.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 03-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
OMG. He and Tonks never should have died. I hated that. And yeah, that ruined the book for me, the whole thing at the end. The only thing I liked was finally giving Snape some credit.

But anyway, Belle just reminds me of Hermione a lot.
I felt so bad for Snape but loved Harry's tribute to him. And the death of Lupin and Tonks was a shock! They are maybe my favorite HP couple. Actually, they are a bit like Rumbelle! You know, Lupin was a "monster" and he loathed himself for it and tried to push Tonks away because he thought he didn't deserve her..

But back to Belle. I agree, she indeed is like Hermione.

Quote:
I almost don't want them to show why Rumple picked Belle because it will undoubtedly not match my beloved headcanon that she was the one who figured out some secret way to contact him, and that's what made him curious enough to ask for her.
I like that!

I've always thought that Rumple asked for Belle simply because that's the price of magic; You lose someone you love or get separated from them. (I guess that's why Rumbelle is separated all the time, lol)

Last edited by Seamstress90; 03-20-2014 at 06:49 PM