Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Death glares are all over the place. Last episode had Granny glaring at Neal for no reason. So Belle might be a little annoyed for being locked up. But come on, they last person who locked her up against her will is now her 'true love'.

): )
Old 03-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 03-17-2014, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
Death glares are all over the place. Last episode had Granny glaring at Neal for no reason. So Belle might be a little annoyed for being locked up. But come on, they last person who locked her up against her will is now her 'true love'.

He didn't lock her in a room in an insane asylum for 28 years with no memories. And he didn't shackle her to the wall for a few years, lol. It's a little different.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

True. But he did lock her up, and chains may have been involved. And the 28 years thing was one day running over and over again, it wasn't until Emma show'd up that we got more than a single day.

So it was closer to a few months, from Belle's POV. Closer to what Rumple did.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
True. But he did lock her up, and chains may have been involved. And the 28 years thing was one day running over and over again, it wasn't until Emma show'd up that we got more than a single day.

So it was closer to a few months, from Belle's POV. Closer to what Rumple did.

I'm going to disagree. Belle was never chained in the Dark Castle. WE didn't see it so there's no reason to think she was. And she was with REgina for several years according to the timeline of the show and the marks she made on the wall, chained to a wall every day. I'm not agreeing with Rumple tossing her in the dungeon but in SD it was never really clarified how long that was. He seemed to give her the library with a bed in it within the same week or so, so I think she was only in the dungeon for a few days, not years.

But in any event, Belle has no reason to trust or like Regina.

Not saying this to be argumentative, by the way, lol. Just respectfully disagreeing.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I'm going to disagree. Belle was never chained in the Dark Castle. WE didn't see it so there's no reason to think she was. And she was with REgina for several years according to the timeline of the show and the marks she made on the wall, chained to a wall every day. I'm not agreeing with Rumple tossing her in the dungeon but in SD it was never really clarified how long that was. He seemed to give her the library with a bed in it within the same week or so, so I think she was only in the dungeon for a few days, not years.

But in any event, Belle has no reason to trust or like Regina.

Not saying this to be argumentative, by the way, lol. Just respectfully disagreeing.
If Belle was ever chained in the Dark Castle (or in the Pink Palace) it was entirely consentually (and probably after reading 50 Shades of Gray).

Agree that doesn't compare at all to being chained to a wall for three or four years.

But on this show, apparently, bygones are shmygones, so why shouldn't Belle and Regina eventually be friendly?

Quote:
have been waiting for that library to open forever. Why can't we have more quiet moments between the characters?
It sucks that Belle and Henry met again and it was offscreen.

Last edited by Violet Faust; 03-17-2014 at 11:23 AM
Old 03-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread! I love the title

Belle was so smart last night, and I love that Regina recognized that.

Quote:
I did notice the green blouse? I know they won't make her Dorothy, but seriously, the clothes, the hair, the hair color? It's like they're taunting us.
To me it seems like Rumple might be the scarecrow (he seems to be "brainless" and his appearance is disheveled), so who knows...

Last edited by Seamstress90; 03-17-2014 at 02:31 PM
Old 03-17-2014, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread. Perfect title!

Also, I don't think I was ever added to the fans list (because that's not my kind of thing) but if not...I see we are just short of 100, so could you add me?
You are now added
Old 03-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
You are now added
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread! I love the title

Belle was so smart last night, and I love that Regina recognized that.

To me it seems like Rumple might be the scarecrow (he seems to be "brainless" and his appearance is disheveled), so who knows...
I've always put Rumple down as the Cowardly Lion (fluffy hair and all). But seriously hoping that none of the OUAT characters are the "classic" Ozites, though they can be iterations serving the same purpose. I wish that Zelena weren't the real witch (or the original witch) for that matter.

But that doesn't mean that some of them can't be descended from them. (not that I think it will happen.)
Old 03-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Supreme Fan

Loved that Belle was the one contributing things because of the fact that she's read a lot of books . Let's hear it for "the bookworm."
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 03-18-2014, 03:15 AM
Master Fan

This is so true. She's so underused. Where as Hook who doesn't bring anything to the table now except to be Emma's boyfriend, and pine for her, is over used.

I'm so hoping the rest of the season Belle gets used more.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)

This is so true. She's so underused. Where as Hook who doesn't bring anything to the table now except to be Emma's boyfriend, and pine for her, is over used.

You know I like Hook and Colin. And I don't mind him and I actually enjoy him. But what I mind is the fact that he gets so promoted and used on the show and Emilie doesn't. Sorry but Disney's Belle is a hugely popular and beloved character. And she was on the show before Colin and Skin Deep is considered widely to be the best episode of the series. So why don't they use her? I don't expect her to have as much time as say Lana or Ginny or JMO. I get that Emilie is supporting. But Hook shouldn't be getting more time than her, imo.

I think Belle is just such a good, perfect person almost that they find it hard to write for her. They seem to love writing for the villains much more than the good guys. That's why I'm surprised Lacey didn't stay around longer.

And you know the WWW is going to get much more airtime and backstory than Belle. And that's just really hard to take.

But enough grumbling. I liked what little Belle we had the other night. I can honestly say I'm not going to watch The Tower. I wanted to see Charming and Rapunzel but I can't stomach the Zelena/Rumple stuff, but I hope Belle at least has some part in the episode.

I am loving her and RH and would like them to be friends. I also would like him to turn out to be her brother. I haven't given up on Belle getting more family. And eventually that would make Regina her sister-in-law, which would be all kinds of fun.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
You know I like Hook and Colin. And I don't mind him and I actually enjoy him. But what I mind is the fact that he gets so promoted and used on the show and Emilie doesn't. Sorry but Disney's Belle is a hugely popular and beloved character. And she was on the show before Colin and Skin Deep is considered widely to be the best episode of the series. So why don't they use her? I don't expect her to have as much time as say Lana or Ginny or JMO. I get that Emilie is supporting. But Hook shouldn't be getting more time than her, imo.

I think Belle is just such a good, perfect person almost that they find it hard to write for her. They seem to love writing for the villains much more than the good guys. That's why I'm surprised Lacey didn't stay around longer.

And you know the WWW is going to get much more airtime and backstory than Belle. And that's just really hard to take.

But enough grumbling. I liked what little Belle we had the other night. I can honestly say I'm not going to watch The Tower. I wanted to see Charming and Rapunzel but I can't stomach the Zelena/Rumple stuff, but I hope Belle at least has some part in the episode.

I am loving her and RH and would like them to be friends. I also would like him to turn out to be her brother. I haven't given up on Belle getting more family. And eventually that would make Regina her sister-in-law, which would be all kinds of fun.
I think Belle is more intersting. Watching Hook this past episode was boring. Glad he really was just in the scenes and not talking a lot. Seeing him only there as Emma's love interest really will get boring fast.
To me Belle has more to offer.

Don't get me wrong. I think Colin is nice. And Hook hasn't annoyed me as much the past couple of episodes. But instead of being annoyed I was disinterested. Which I think is worse for a character.

I am hoping that A/E will really use Belle the rest of this season.. besides sving her man.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
think Belle is more intersting. Watching Hook this past episode was boring. Glad he really was just in the scenes and not talking a lot. Seeing him only there as Emma's love interest really will get boring fast.
To me Belle has more to offer.

Don't get me wrong. I think Colin is nice. And Hook hasn't annoyed me as much the past couple of episodes. But instead of being annoyed I was disinterested. Which I think is worse for a character.

I am hoping that A/E will really use Belle the rest of this season.. besides sving her man
Oh, I think Belle is more interesting too. I like Hook but he's kind of a one-note character that I've seen many times before. He's a rogue with a heart kind of character. And that's fine. But I would rather see more of Belle. I love her love of books and the idea that a woman doesn't have to be wielding a sword or a gun to get things done.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Loved that Belle was the one contributing things because of the fact that she's read a lot of books . Let's hear it for "the bookworm."
Oh yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)

Very true..