Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2017, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awake {6.17} - Episode Discussion

Awake {6.17} Episode Discussion

“Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, April 16th (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

HOOK AND TIGER LILY JOIN FORCES AGAINST THE LOST BOYS IN NEVERLAND
WHILE GOLD AND THE BLACK FAIRY REACH A FORMIDABLE IMPASSE,
ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

Sara Tomko Guest Stars as Tiger Lily

“Awake” – Still trapped in Neverland, Hook aligns himself with Tiger Lily, hoping to find a way back to Emma. Back in Storybook, Regina works to break the sleeping curse that David and Snow are under, and Gold denies The Black Fairy, which brings the two of them to a fearsome impasse. In flashbacks, we learn what Snow and Charming sacrificed in order for Emma to fulfill her destiny as the Savior, on “Once Upon a Time,” on The ABC Television Network.*

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Raphael Sbarge as Archie Hopper/Jiminy Cricket, Tony Amendola as Marco/Gepetto, Jaime Murray as Black Fairy, Giles Matthey as Gideon, Mckenna Grace as Young Emma, Sara Tomko as Native American Woman/Tiger Lily, Eric Keenleyside as Sir Maurice/Moe French, Gabe Khouth as Mr. Clark/Sneezy, David-Paul Grove as Doc and Faustino Di Bauda as Sleepy.

“Awake” was written by Andrew Chambliss & Leah Fong and directed by Sharat Raju.

ABC

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-16-2017, 01:48 AM
Elite Fan

If you're wondering why the promotional stills aren't posted, it's because ABC has actually not released any for this ep.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

It's such a shame.. I wonder if they're too spoilerish or something?

This episode sounds interesting. Finally some Snowing. And Rumple confronting the Black Fairy! I have a bad feeling about that "fearsome impasse", though..

icon by me
Old 04-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
If you're wondering why the promotional stills aren't posted, it's because ABC has actually not released any for this ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
It's such a shame.. I wonder if they're too spoilerish or something?

This episode sounds interesting. Finally some Snowing. And Rumple confronting the Black Fairy! I have a bad feeling about that "fearsome impasse", though..
This is my suspicion as well.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im really excited about this episode!
I guess without any stills and 2 sneak peeks its like watching the episode spoiler free

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 04-16-2017, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I like that Rumple figured out the BF was up to. I wish he and Belle were there with the rest of the town heping the Charmings, though that may have been a bit premature. But I think it was telling when the BF said that he would have to chose which family he belonged to. Sorry BF but I think he has already choosen, even if he hasn't realized it yet.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

it was a fantastic episode

finally this town made a small sacrifice for Snow and Charming after everything that happened, losing Emma twice, now they gave them something back for all their suffering

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 04-17-2017, 03:53 AM
Master Fan

I admit I didn't see every single scene. It just didn't hold my interest.

But I think this was just a very weak episode and in fact one of the worst ones of the season, and that's saying a lot.

I'm glad Snowing are finally awake though. Josh and Ginny were great.

Is anyone else creeped out by Gideon calling Rumple his father and Rumple's mother his mother? Eww.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think it's anywhere near the worst episode, but I have really conflicting emotions about it. I had some stuff I liked. It had some stuff I really didn't like from a writing point of view. And it had a recurring issue that OUAT so often has - it was way, way too rushed, everything at a breakspeed pace.

I so wanted better for this Snowing centric ep.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I don't think it's anywhere near the worst episode, but I have really conflicting emotions about it. I had some stuff I liked. It had some stuff I really didn't like from a writing point of view. And it had a recurring issue that OUAT so often has - it was way, way too rushed, everything at a breakspeed pace.

I so wanted better for this Snowing centric ep.
Well it is certainly miles and miles better than the episodes in the fall when they foisted the Golden Queen nonsense on us. So maybe I shouldn't have said one of the worst but I just don't think it was very good episode overall. I always like Snowing together and I loved that Gideon showed him has good in him but other than that I just wasn't impressed.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I enjoyed this episode their were parts that were rushed but it was the first episode that made me feel at ease
Old 04-17-2017, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm watching the season one finale of OUAT b/c of all the great SnowCharming scenes.... who would have guessed that both woke up before the curse was broken... and I wonder how long Snow was Snow in the memory-loss Curse of Storybrooke

Sabastian STan
Old 04-17-2017, 03:36 PM
Passionate Fan

-As much as I love Captain Swan and Rumbelle, it’s the Snowing stuff that always has me bawling :bawl. Their love is so beautiful and i’ll never grow tired of watching Josh and Ginny I cried a bit when Snow sacrificed the petals for Emma to find hook, but bAWLED like crazy (out of joy) when they woke up....the look of love they have for each other is so lovely to watch
-Very glad Rumple knows his mother has Gideon’s heart (I’m assuming he told Belle? Missed seeing more of her...we really do need more of Belle, especially considering HER SON has been a prime focus of this arc)
-I NEVER wanted TBTB to go the arguably obvious route of having Hook be the one who killed David’s father but, IMO, this episode proves why it was completely unnecessary. The David-centric episode we had earlier on this season was wonderful, but what was the point of adding the additional twist of Hook being the actual person responsible if David was going to immediately forgive him? They could’ve easily found another reason to cause a temporary rift between hook and emma...
-Tiger Lily was cool but (and maybe this will be explained in future episodes) WHY does she care so much about the savior, WHAT specifically is that weapon she gave Hook and HOW does she know so much about what’s going on in storybrooke?
-Beautiful Captain Swan proposal
Old 04-17-2017, 08:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Still watching clips of the ep, it was just THAT good.

Just EVERYTHING related to Snow and David. Their love!

Quick question

we've seen spouse TLK magic, and parent to child TLK magic....but the whole group cursing themselves to wake up Snow and David had the same magic

Sooo....would this be the first example of...deep friendship/true love?
Old 04-18-2017, 08:38 AM
Elite Fan

Snowing and Captain Swan reunited.

Things are as they should be now.