Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2013, 02:22 PM
New Fan

Amazing episode! This series is so gripping!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Passionate Fan

I loved this episode! I've been waiting forever for them to introduce Ariel and I wasn't disappointed. I can't wait for Ariel to meet Belle, Leroy and everyone else in Storybrooke. Also I hope she finds Eric.

I can't wait for next week.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:23 AM
Passionate Fan

I was hoping that for Ariel to have more of a connection to Hook. There has got to be something more between them. Seriously Hook looks like the Eric of the cartoon more than Eric does and for some reason, I enjoy that.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
I was hoping that for Ariel to have more of a connection to Hook. There has got to be something more between them. Seriously Hook looks like the Eric of the cartoon more than Eric does and for some reason, I enjoy that.
I hope she has more of a connection to hook as well
Old 01-21-2016, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

99 Episodes in 99 Days
Episode 3x06 | “Ariel” | #50
Written by: Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz
Directed by: Ciaran Donnelly
Back in the Fairy Tale Land that was, when Ariel saves Snow White from drowning in the ocean’s depths, Snow returns the favor by helping her new friend get acquainted with Prince Eric, with whom she has fallen madly in love with. Meanwhile, Emma, Mary Margaret, David and Hook attempt to save Neal, who is imprisoned in one of Pan’s encampments, and Regina and Mr. Gold begrudgingly team up to find a way to take down Pan.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved Joanne's portrayal of Ariel. Perfect casting.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OUAF Top 35
#31: Secrets of Echo Cave, "Ariel"

| The journey to save Henry from Neverland brought many surprises for our heroes, including the scene that allowed them to slow down and reveal their feelings about what was happening in their lives: the rescue of Neal from Echo Cave. They had to reveal their darkest secrets in order to save him, and the dynamics of the group were drastically altered as they admitted what they'd been holding back from each other.

Hook kicked things off by admitting that he never thought he would find anyone to love again after Milah, until he met Emma. His truth was quick in delivery but heavy in repercussions for both himself and the Savior, a truth that made him drop his pirate persona of Captain Hook and speak from the heart as Killian Jones. It was a refreshing change for Hook to be himself, and a sign that he truly cared for Emma, one which delighted CaptainSwan shippers everywhere.

Things took a more heart-wrenching turn when the Charmings spoke to each other. Snow White acknowledged that she was not OK with the fact that Emma was grown up, and while their relationship with their daughter was unique, it was not what she wanted. Her pain was palpable as she lamented their absence during Emma's childhood and feeling like they had been cheated out of her first step, first word, and first smile. Not only was she deeply hurt by what they had missed, but she also felt guilty about what she really wanted: a chance to raise a child by having another baby. It was a rare opportunity for Snow to acknowledge what she had lost and express how she felt about it, the type of moment sorely needed for the main characters on the show.

Charming then upended his wife's vision for their future by telling her she could never have another child with him, finally admitting that their fight with the Lost Boys had exposed him to nightshade and that he could never leave Neverland or he would die. Charming had kept quiet because he meant well, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and his was the secret with the most severe, life-changing consequences. It was a crushing blow to Snow's heart and a betrayal of the trust they had built between them.

This was the first real test of their marriage post-curse. Though they had gone through other trials, this was the first one that grew from an internal conflict rather than an external enemy. It gave depth and relatability to an otherwise "perfect" relationship, which made it one of the best moments of their story, sad as it was.

With her parents secrets out in the open and the bridge to Neal's cage complete, Emma crossed over to save him, trying to avoid telling her secret but she could not. She had to admit that she had never stopped loving him and always would, but that she had hoped it was all a trick that she had hoped he'd be dead so she could put their past behind them rather than face the pain of their relationship. And with that, Neal's cage opened and the two of them shared a hug, hitting Swanfire fans right in the feels.

This entry on the list is a combination of moments rather than one individual scene, it's true, but the significance of these moments cannot be denied, and for that reason they are combined for the #31 spot.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

++
Old 03-31-2017, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Definitely one of my favorite Disney Princess debut episodes. Ariel and Snow had a good dynamic together.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed this episode. Loads of fun all-around.