Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2014, 05:44 AM
Absolute Fan

He is soooo attractive!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:01 AM
Extreme Fan

I hope the writers flesh out his character more in the new season.

I want to see more Robin Hood.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Me too! He has to have a centric episode for him in season 4.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlight (View Post)
Me too! He has to have a centric episode for him in season 4.
YES. So much potential for his character, especially now that Sean has confirmed that Robin is from nobility ("Robin of Locksley").
Old 07-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Aaaah I totally forgot about that! Yup, we need a Robin centric episode in s4 and we need it NAOWWWW!

Have I said today that I need Sean to be made a regular already?? Because if I haven't then here it is: I NEED SEAN MAGUIRE TO BE A REGULAR ON OUAT!!

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 07-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
Aaaah I totally forgot about that! Yup, we need a Robin centric episode in s4 and we need it NAOWWWW!

Have I said today that I need Sean to be made a regular already?? Because if I haven't then here it is: I NEED SEAN MAGUIRE TO BE A REGULAR ON OUAT!!
Yep! Chris you've said it. Actually, most of us have said it.

— Tyrion Lannister
Old 07-07-2014, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dark_Angel*4eva (View Post)
YES. So much potential for his character, especially now that Sean has confirmed that Robin is from nobility ("Robin of Locksley").
I know almost nothing about the traditional Robin Hood stories. Guess I should read up.

Still hoping to get some info from the panel this past weekend. I can't believe nothing has shown up yet. I know they didn't allow video, but I thought for sure someone would post a recap.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
I'm totally into that as well, no point in even attempting to deny it.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br5RNGWCMAElGCZ.
Source
Wowza! But really, I watch for the plot.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Wowza! But really, I watch for the plot.
Sure sure. We all do....

Sherry, I found this on Wikipedia (it's wiki so you can confirm the reliability for me if you decide to do more research). I know Darley has some good insight from doing historical digging about Robin for her fanfic.

Quote:
Robin Hood in Ivanhoe

Robin Hood, initially under the name of Locksley, is a character along with his "merry men" in Ivanhoe, a historical novel by Sir Walter Scott published in 1820, and set in 12th-century England. The character that Scott gave to Robin Hood in Ivanhoe helped shape the modern notion of this figure as a cheery noble outlaw. In the novel he is a follower of King Richard the Lionheart and helps him and Wilfred Ivanhoe to fight against the Templars. It is in this work, the modern Robin Hood – "King of Outlaws and prince of good fellows!" as Richard the Lionheart calls him – makes his debut

Source
Old 07-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dark_Angel*4eva (View Post)
Sure sure. We all do....

Sherry, I found this on Wikipedia (it's wiki so you can confirm the reliability for me if you decide to do more research). I know Darley has some good insight from doing historical digging about Robin for her fanfic.
Thanks!!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I know almost nothing about the traditional Robin Hood stories. Guess I should read up.

Still hoping to get some info from the panel this past weekend. I can't believe nothing has shown up yet. I know they didn't allow video, but I thought for sure someone would post a recap.
Yep.... Also check out the BBC 2006 version of Robin Hood (starring Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood). This version is by far the best Robin Hood adaptation for me.

Another good Robin Hood TV adaptation is ITV's Robin of Sherwood (Starring Michael Praed as the first Robin Hood). This series aired in the 1980s. This 1980s version was interesting because there was a twist. Robin of Loxley was the first Robin Hood. He later was killed and then Robin of Huntingdon became Robin Hood (different actor) . This adaptation followed the RH folklore version that had different Robin Hoods at different points in time.

ETA : Both TV versions stayed true to the "noble" Robin Hood background which is part of the Robin Hood folklore.

— Tyrion Lannister

Last edited by J-lu_Jovsn; 07-07-2014 at 12:02 PM
Old 07-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Lovely pic there on the previous page
Old 07-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Absolute Fan

There's a bit of Sean being a total sweetheart and hugging a fan during his autograph session at the Italian convention in this video, around the 4 minutes mark:

Source
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 07-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yup it's decided. Next con for me will be in Italy and only in Italy!!!!

J-lu I am very surprised on hearing what you said about the two Robin Hoods. Come to think of it, when I was younger I did watch an anime about the adventures of Robin Hood and that one was named Robin of Huntingdon! I remember I was wondering about the difference in the names because, by coincidence, I was rewatching that same anime at the same time 3B was airing and it hit me that our Robin was named Locksley but the anime Robin was named Huntingdon. Do you know if in the original RH folklore there were two different RHs, like in the series you suggested, with one being killed and the 2nd taking his place?

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 07-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
Yup it's decided. Next con for me will be in Italy and only in Italy!!!!

J-lu I am very surprised on hearing what you said about the two Robin Hoods. Come to think of it, when I was younger I did watch an anime about the adventures of Robin Hood and that one was named Robin of Huntingdon! I remember I was wondering about the difference in the names because, by coincidence, I was rewatching that same anime at the same time 3B was airing and it hit me that our Robin was named Locksley but the anime Robin was named Huntingdon. Do you know if in the original RH folklore there were two different RHs, like in the series you suggested, with one being killed and the 2nd taking his place?
Hi Chris,

The Robin of Locksley (or Loxley.. depending on the version) moniker comes from the early stages of the RH folklore which places his birth place as Loxley, Shefield.

The Earl of Huntingdon connection came later on in the folklore development in an attempt to give RH a nobility connection.

— Tyrion Lannister