Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

i still do

Old 10-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelEyes008 (View Post)
There's nothing wrong with Emma being his light and she is, because she is also his inspiration as well... Love also inspires which we know.. as we have seen with Hook

But this episode Hook got played by Rumple the moment he told him why he wanted the hand and then reattached to him

The idea of Emma being Hook's light is adolescent nonsense to me. If Hook wants to tread the path of good and whatever, he need to do it to satisfy himself and certainly not for Emma's sake. There is nothing more pathetic than a person allowing someone else to determine his or her moral compass. Regina allowed Henry to dictate her moral compass throughout most of Season 2 and it ended in disaster. Her redemption truly started when she tried to change for her own sake.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Hook did it for himself too... he knew he didnt want to be that man he was and he also came to realisation on his own revenge was an end not an beginning... but as i said Emma was also there inspiring him and someone who gave him a chance to be part of something, he saw hope and light, so yes i still say light - thats my opinion, she is his light and hope too anyways this all i can say.

#captain hand more like captain handSOME
it ain't your beauty, it's your booty

Old 10-22-2014, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Man he was so beautiful this last episode! I need to make myself an icon of it
Old 10-22-2014, 05:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
The idea of Emma being Hook's light is adolescent nonsense to me. If Hook wants to tread the path of good and whatever, he need to do it to satisfy himself and certainly not for Emma's sake. There is nothing more pathetic than a person allowing someone else to determine his or her moral compass. Regina allowed Henry to dictate her moral compass throughout most of Season 2 and it ended in disaster. Her redemption truly started when she tried to change for her own sake.
I agree. Could a character be is own without always having to be shipped with another character. Then you have characters who are nothing outside of their romance.

I don't think Hook is "evil" either. He's probably the only character in the show who is like any of us "real people". He's selfish but tries not to be, he's annoyed to have to ask for things "nicely" when it would go so much faster to just take it etc. Every choices he's done most times I think I would've done the same thing. If there was a chance to get my hand back I would too blackmail a guy. I would think "It doesn't matter he's scum anyway". And if I was to punch a guy because he screwed my date I would think "it doesn't matter he's a thief anyway". And if someone killed the love of my life there is no way I would ever stand it if I knew he was living anywhere near me peacefully and married. So I guess, he's even better than me. No Rumple is another story altogether...
Old 10-22-2014, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I think you have a good argument, I just wish you would say it in a less insulting way.

Hook has twice turned to darkness when someone he loved died. He makes all the wrong decisions when it comes to processing grief. His vengeance was the only thing he cared about for 300 years (except for a brief time with Bae) until Emma came into his life. She inspired him to be a better man and it was his realization that he can love again that made him work to be a better person.

But I agree, if you are changing just for someone else what happens if something happens to them? All three of the villains on this show have that problem. Hook has been shown that he has darkness and I think he had honestly thought it was gone. But in truth, it will always be there and it will always be something he has to choose to resist.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I think you have a good argument, I just wish you would say it in a less insulting way.

Hook has twice turned to darkness when someone he loved died. He makes all the wrong decisions when it comes to processing grief. His vengeance was the only thing he cared about for 300 years (except for a brief time with Bae) until Emma came into his life. She inspired him to be a better man and it was his realization that he can love again that made him work to be a better person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Man he was so beautiful this last episode! I need to make myself an icon of it
He looked good

I want to see the icons

Old 10-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

source Kissed by the Sea
Old 10-22-2014, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that ^
Old 10-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

oh thats beautiful
Old 10-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)

But I agree, if you are changing just for someone else what happens if something happens to them? All three of the villains on this show have that problem. Hook has been shown that he has darkness and I think he had honestly thought it was gone. But in truth, it will always be there and it will always be something he has to choose to resist.
Yeah, that's like someone quiting drinking and smoking a little weed to help with it I'm not much of a romantic so I just can't bask in the wording often used to speak about CS. People can be, really enthusiast. It's sweet and a little scary
Old 10-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
http://33.media.tumblr.com/d2b64cfa184866f68b29cd1357d36bba/tumblr_ndqzt6ii841stkp9co1_500.gif[/IMG]
source Kissed by the Sea
Perfect!
Old 10-23-2014, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

x
Old 10-23-2014, 12:49 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caught each other (View Post)
I agree Colin's acting is superb he does a fantastic job as Hook He says so much with just a look like in those amazing gifs

Welcome WickedFan1230
Thank you!!
Old 10-23-2014, 04:51 PM
New Fan

I've been lurking on here for a little while now. I didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I'd come out of lurkdom to share it about our favorite pirate.

29 Reasons Why You Fell in Love With the Wickedly Sexy Captain Hook:

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainmen...-GIFs-35960617