Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

I think he has too, since he now remember who actually Leia was and who Charles was with her, i think and hope there has to come a time where Charming thinks of that convo
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 07-06-2014, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do think he remembers it
Old 07-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Excellent meta on Hook's redemptive arc:

Hook's Growth Arc

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 07-07-2014, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with this post. I saw the Outsider where Hook was at his worst shooting Belle and threatening Archie and even though Hook did bad things he still seemed like the same guy only crazier. The scene where he tells Belle he can't burn the shawl is every telling that he was doing all this for love. Second of all, Hook never iintentionally wanted to kill Belle those two times in Sb. the first it was to cause a distraction the second he more focused to convince Belle what kind of hut he believes Rumple because he had opportunities to shoot her on the ship. I am not super coating what he did and I definetly don't think it was right but it gives me a new perspective
Old 07-07-2014, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

I still dont get why ppl are surprised that Hook targeted Belle, she was someone close to Rumple hence how he put it, his heart

Hook again wasnt shooting her to KILL, which he said just to hurt, yeah it was wrong - but guess what so was what happened to him, and the things Rumple did to others. I still surprised ppl want Hook to say sorry to Belle

Hook was NEVER really a villian, esp not to the depth Rumple and Regina were, he wasnt so far gone, he wasnt even a villian with a power, greed and magic. Just one thing to avenge the woman he loved, and something he lived for so long

As for Hook bullying Rumple, yeah a little he did, a fratboy doing it to a geeky kid (in a way, but Hook wasnt harsh) - but guess what Rumple did the same when he spitefully thought well i have power now and magic, i can go up to him and talk, bully, do anything but you know what Hook did, stand up to him - fought him, didnt back down in the name of the woman he loved which Rumple didnt do when Hook asked him to - just even to show Hook, and the person we know Hook and his code - he wouldnt have fought Rumple back then if Rumple showed some fight - some determination but nothing and we know Milah begged Rumple to start afresh elsewhere coz that place is where ppl riddled them, but Rumple didnt want to and like Hook said to Belle about TWO things Bae doesnt want to be found (which is true as we saw) and Milah begged to be taken (which we know judging by how she was and felt trapped etc) If she didnt go with Hook at that time, im betting she would of left anyway one way or another at another time - she was feeling that depressed as we saw.

I agree about Neal on that post as well. Its how i have seen this, hints that i never saw Bae/Neal living. Rumple would just never have his son back - PRICE of MAGIC, and devastating so many lives to get to the one thing he loves the most. As for Emma, never saw them getting back to each other, if they were IT - seriously they would be written different not just them as a couple but even Neal as a character but no nothing here.

Last edited by Lennie1984; 07-07-2014 at 05:59 AM
Old 07-07-2014, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There was a part of me that believed the Bae/Neal/ rumple relationship was suppose to be tragic due to the fact that Rumple went through extreme ways to get his son. Yes he had good intentions to get his son but the ways were not so good
Old 07-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennie1984 (View Post)
I still dont get why ppl are surprised that Hook targeted Belle, she was someone close to Rumple hence how he put it, his heart
I think no one looks at it from Hook's perspective. He thinks of Rumple as a demon who murdered Milah so when Belle tells him in the prison that she loves Rumple and won't help him Hook probably thinks she's a bad guy too!

And when he shoots her for no other reason than to get even. The viewers just see it differently because we have been introduced to Belle and know her as a good character.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I think no one looks at it from Hook's perspective. He thinks of Rumple as a demon who murdered Milah so when Belle tells him in the prison that she loves Rumple and won't help him Hook probably thinks she's a bad guy too!

And when he shoots her for no other reason than to get even. The viewers just see it differently because we have been introduced to Belle and know her as a good character.
I agree but this show again tells you to look at the perpective of all. You get it in scenes, you get it in dialogues.

Hook kinda did say sorry, but actions wise he did was what asked, protected her well how much he could when he was asked and Belle doesnt mind, and wasnt in danger of him when he was with her in the shop or feeling it, not saying they are gonna be great buds but it was ok which is how it should be) (also i dont see some ppl asking Rumple to say sorry to anyone esp as Milah was his SON's mother, not once did we get Neal/Rumple mention her (seemed like Neal and Belle totally washed away what Rumple did to her when Hook told them both, they ended up blaming Hook for it afterwards then aactually think about it ) - but like we know Milah was a plot device for all that happened past and present. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
There was a part of me that believed the Bae/Neal/ rumple relationship was suppose to be tragic due to the fact that Rumple went through extreme ways to get his son. Yes he had good intentions to get his son but the ways were not so good
It was.

I get ppl want to blame Milah. But overall it was Rumple's actions that caused Bae to want to leave their place (do i see a Milah parrallal here ) to start afresh so his dad wouldnt do magic or whatever, what does Rumple do - lets go of him at the end. And then we know what Rumple does wants his son back... etc

Wanting his son back - GOOD, the way he did it and destroyed lives and still was doing it even bullying other ppl do, even in SB - NOT GOOD

I just didnt see Rumple getting - a true love, be a man with magic, and have his son

All those things he gets while other ppl suffered and what really did he pay for the price of magic if he got all of those things? And i think that was always the storywriters pov on this imo. Thats how i see it but i can somewhat understand ppl who love him would want him to get his son back and be his happy ending etc... but i didnt see it.

Anoyhow lets get back to loving Colin/Hook
Old 07-07-2014, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I feel Hook made up for it in his actions by protecting Belle
Old 07-07-2014, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Its basically his actions that count the most. He's like (its how he is written to be in terms of actions) - yes i did that thing, but im gonna make it up with this

Its like how he stole the bean, what did he do - he came back!!! and he didnt come back and say hey guys im sorry, but he came back, gave the bean back and basically which showed us he is now on TeamEmma, TeamCharmings, TeamGood etc, im on your team now and offered his ship and services to Neverland and played a part in saving Charming and getting Henry and back to SB etc.

Even with Charming in NVL, where Charming was say this and that to him and blamed him for SB in danger when it really wasnt Hook's fault on the whole, but Hook didnt go off and blame everyone, accepted it and then made it up in actions by still being around Charming, getting to the dreamshade, and not accepting Pan's deal on killing Charming, and taking Emma. And saved Charming's life!
Old 07-07-2014, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah he doesn't blame others or makes excuses
Old 07-07-2014, 06:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's one of my favorite things about him. He really doesn't blame anyone else for his own wrongdoings.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Thats what i have liked as well about him, one of those things

He will claim it, but he also self loathes himself
Old 07-07-2014, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

x

OUAT Hiatus Survival Guide

Last edited by T'Lynn; 07-07-2014 at 10:09 AM
Old 07-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero