Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Absolute Fan

A parallel between OuaT and OuaT in Wonderland

Once upon a time the happy endings
Old 04-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Absolute Fan

And only one of those couples got a happy end. *lesigh* I'm happy for Will and Ana, though. I quite liked them too.

By the way, Syfy has ordered Noah Bean's new show "12 Monkeys" from pilot to series. Season 1 will consist of 12 episodes and is set to premiere in January 2015.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 04-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Will and Anastacia reminded me of Regina and Daniel...
Thank you for the news! I am happy for him!
Old 04-06-2014, 12:39 PM
Absolute Fan

I know what you mean, I haven't seen all episodes of Wonderland yet, but there were certainly some parallels between the two couples right away, back when the spin-off first introduced Will and Ana. Including Cora and her scheming ways.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
Consider it done.
Thanks .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 05-23-2014, 04:35 AM
Absolute Fan

stable queen au where daniel doesn’t die, him and regina run away and get married, live on a farm, have several horses, eventually have a daughter, and just live happily ever after. because goddamnit, cristine.
my good opinion once lost is lost forever;
Old 05-23-2014, 05:45 AM
Absolute Fan

*sigh* You know, as much as I'm invested in Outlaw Queen and their happiness, it still really ticks me off that after three seasons of OUAT and a spin-off apparently everyone and their mother's lost loves can come back from the dead now, except Daniel. I'd been willing to accept that there would be no happy ending for those two based on the fact that the show had established "dead is dead" as one of its ground rules and now here we are...

I do think Marian is living on borrowed time and will eventually have to die again in the present time... and it's not like I would have been crazy about Daniel being used as the third leg of a love triangle. But I still have Adam and Eddy preaching about why coming back from the dead is not possible in the podcast for 2x05 in my ear and after what they've done with various characters in Wonderland and now Marian on the mothership show it just annoys me to no end.

This is kinda cute:

Source
Old 05-23-2014, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually agree, Rina. I think I can say that as much as the Marian plot point for OQ annoys me and it is a bit eye roll worthy that the writers have no qualms of finding ways around 'the dead is dead' rule for other characters {I mean, think about it, to think that if Regina knew magic sooner, she could have shared half of her heart with Daniel so he could survive, as her first TL}, but I am grateful that the story has not pitted Daniel against Robin in competition as to whom was the better choice or real TL of Regina.

For me, Daniel stands as Regina's first TL. His death made a HUGE impact on her, the loss of him so devastating that it left a hole where darkness was able to grow and fester. If that does not demonstrate the extreme effects over the loss of a possible soulmate, I do not know what does.

That pic of Noah is cute. I have not seen Noah in a long time.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:45 AM
Absolute Fan

I agree with you both. It is sad that they can make exceptions for many characters but never for Regina to have Daniel back.
For me the worst was Cyrus and Ana of Wonderland and when Snow White shared her heart with Prince Charming because if it is so easy to cheat the curse no thing you love most ever had to die for the curse as they said in the past seasons. Like Regina's father. I am happy for the couples that they are together, but for the writing and the series in my opinion it is not good if they change things they said in the past later.
In the next season I want a reporter to ask them about it. Why they change things like that and why it is no longer true that when someone dies they are really gone. It was one half of the big cliffhanger of the season finale that it was changed and Marian could come back and now I think it will be a big story in the fourth season too. I never would have thought it because of what they said in the past.
Thank you Rina for the picture. Maybe Noah Bean can come back in a flashback at least.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlight (View Post)
I agree with you both. It is sad that they can make exceptions for many characters but never for Regina to have Daniel back.
For me the worst was Cyrus and Ana of Wonderland and when Snow White shared her heart with Prince Charming because if it is so easy to cheat the curse no thing you love most ever had to die for the curse as they said in the past seasons. Like Regina's father. I am happy for the couples that they are together, but for the writing and the series in my opinion it is not good if they change things they said in the past later.
In the next season I want a reporter to ask them about it. Why they change things like that and why it is no longer true that when someone dies they are really gone. It was one half of the big cliffhanger of the season finale that it was changed and Marian could come back and now I think it will be a big story in the fourth season too. I never would have thought it because of what they said in the past.
Thank you Rina for the picture. Maybe Noah Bean can come back in a flashback at least.
Exactly.

And good reminder about Regina's father. We know she loved him, heck, she would have had to have for the Dark Curse to even work. Gosh, so, there was a way around the curse so the one you love most did not have to die without their heart?

Like you, I do not begrudge any of the couples finding a way to stay together. But when you look at the writing, it does appear to be a double standard as it pertains to Regina and her happiness.

As for Marian, I think it might be an assumption she ever truly died in the past, according to Robin's story, since she was apparently around to be executed by Regina. It kind of sucks both ways, cause if she did die, it was likely by Regina, and if not, she can stick around and a love triangle will probably drag on. Maybe she will return to the past instead, where she needs to be? I do not know.

Daniel got a brief ressurrection but it was apparent from the start that it was tragic and not intended to be long lasting, and it's purpose was for Regina to learn to let go. These other resurrections, on the otherhand, appear to offer hope of a happy ending or, for others like Robin, the opportunity to make a choice.

I always had hope that we'd see a flashback to when Daniel and Regina first met and then became involved but I think my hopes are dashed for ever seeing that.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlight (View Post)
stable queen au where daniel doesn’t die, him and regina run away and get married, live on a farm, have several horses, eventually have a daughter, and just live happily ever after. because goddamnit, cristine.
my good opinion once lost is lost forever;
OMG This is so lovely!
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 06-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Absolute Fan

Someone recorded Regina and Daniel's theme music from The Doctor!
http://swanstan.tumblr.com/post/8805...ou-go-dearie-i
Old 06-12-2014, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Exactly.

And good reminder about Regina's father. We know she loved him, heck, she would have had to have for the Dark Curse to even work. Gosh, so, there was a way around the curse so the one you love most did not have to die without their heart?

Like you, I do not begrudge any of the couples finding a way to stay together. But when you look at the writing, it does appear to be a double standard as it pertains to Regina and her happiness.

As for Marian, I think it might be an assumption she ever truly died in the past, according to Robin's story, since she was apparently around to be executed by Regina. It kind of sucks both ways, cause if she did die, it was likely by Regina, and if not, she can stick around and a love triangle will probably drag on. Maybe she will return to the past instead, where she needs to be? I do not know.

Daniel got a brief ressurrection but it was apparent from the start that it was tragic and not intended to be long lasting, and it's purpose was for Regina to learn to let go. These other resurrections, on the otherhand, appear to offer hope of a happy ending or, for others like Robin, the opportunity to make a choice.

I always had hope that we'd see a flashback to when Daniel and Regina first met and then became involved but I think my hopes are dashed for ever seeing that.
I always love you thoughts and how you state things. Well said as usual
Old 06-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I actually agree, Rina. I think I can say that as much as the Marian plot point for OQ annoys me and it is a bit eye roll worthy that the writers have no qualms of finding ways around 'the dead is dead' rule for other characters {I mean, think about it, to think that if Regina knew magic sooner, she could have shared half of her heart with Daniel so he could survive, as her first TL}, but I am grateful that the story has not pitted Daniel against Robin in competition as to whom was the better choice or real TL of Regina.

For me, Daniel stands as Regina's first TL. His death made a HUGE impact on her, the loss of him so devastating that it left a hole where darkness was able to grow and fester. If that does not demonstrate the extreme effects over the loss of a possible soulmate, I do not know what does.
The whole sharing one heart thing was forced, but the other ressurections did make sense. Anastasia was brought back to life because the laws of magic were broken by Jaffar's curse. Marian came back via a time travel situation. Both are logical. It's not fair that Daniel has to stay dead, but I can see the two incidents making sense. The sharing a single heart thing is just silly.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly.

A/E do tend to change things to suit the story. TLK only breaks some curses, for some reason it doesn't work for breaking the dark curse. Dead is dead except when they decide that it isn't.

But you have given me a lot to consider for when S4 starts up.