Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2014, 12:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie_R (View Post)
Actually, Will and Ana got married in Wonderland didn't they? Or am I remembering that wrong?

So do we know for sure that current time in Storybrooke is after the end of Wonderland? Is it possible that the events now, and Will being in SB, are some time during Wonderland and before he and Ana are back together?
Unfortunately, they didn't get married. Alice and the Genie did and the last scene we saw was Alice's wedding but Will and Ana didn't get married.

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MaryLizWhite82
Old 11-14-2014, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

At the very end of the last ep when Alice was reading the book to her child, she mentioned Will and Ana as the White King and Queen of Wonderland so I thought that implied that they had married.

Also Adam confirmed on twitter that the events happening in S4 are taking place after Wonderland.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

From what I have understood, the events of Wonderland, transpired along the same time as OUAT S2 ( with the exception of Wonderland flashbacks like OUAT flashbacks). I have no idea how much time elapsed between the time Alice & Cyrus got married and when their little girl aged. When S3 & S4 happened within that time frame, I am not sure.

Will does not even identify himself as a White King yet. Just a mere thief. I am going to assume whatever story is happening now must be happening before they become White King & White Queen together ( which would hint to the fact that they are married at this time).

Hope the writers do not twist it and make the White Queen somebody else since it was implied and not specifically mentioned by name at the end of OUATIW.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Alice was reading that book to her kid, which means that at least 3-4 years had passed since the events of Wonderland (I can't remember the age of the kid, so it depends on how old she was). Which means that maybe current Will still hasn't become the White King with Ana. Maybe this is something in between. I really hope that the writers haven't screwed this up again...

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 11-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

I didn't think about that, that this could be occurring between the time Wonderland ended and when Alice was reading the book. The timelines are really messed up though because Alice was supposed to be from Victorian England. She didn't know what cars or electricity were, yet she traveled from Wonderland to our world to retrieve Will's heart from SB and I think it was supposed to be 2012 then.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Supposedly at some point in the past, A&E explained that Alice was from a different Victorian Era, but not the same Victorian England from our world? Therefore, that would mean she is from another realm. Alice got to SB just like the White Rabbit was able to from Wonderland.

But things are still confusing and unclear, time wise, because while OUATIW made some slight references to time moving differently between Wonderland and Alice's world (a time jump upon her return to her father), there is nothing to indicate whether time is or is not moving on the same continium between our world & Alice's. Alice and her world are still Victorian but when we add in characters jumping from the EF to her world and to Wonderland, then to ours in SB, time lines can feel scattered and all over the place.

The Dark Curse froze the residents of the Enchanted Forest and of Storybrooke, so people did not age, but 28 years + still passed by. Emma aged those years outside in our world while SB, and its residents, were in their own little magical bubble. The exception in the EF, where the land was not destroyed, was the portion Cora's magic protected. And we know Cora also got back to the EF from Wonderland just before the Dark Curse hit.

In Wonderland flashbacks, Will and Anastasia originally came from the EF to Wonderland and this had to be before the Dark Curse hit. He was also with Robin Hood and the merrymen stealing Maleficent's mirror in order to go to Wonderland. At some point when things did not work out with Ana becoming Red Queen, Cora taking his heart, him serving her as Knave of Hearts, and then meeting a grown Alice for the first time, he eventually went back to EF and got caught up in the Dark Curse, being sent to Storybrooke with everyone else. Then, after the curse broke at the end of S1, the White Rabbit was able to break through into SB and retrieve Will, bringing him to Alice's realm to help rescue her and from there back to Wonderland they went. Then everything else transpired until they defeated Jafar, rescued Cyrus, Will saved Ana, and then Will & Ana attended Alice's wedding.

Something must have happened after this point to separate Will & Ana again? At least, that is my understanding of the timeline of events so far.

My guess is going to be that that there has been some kind of payback for stealing Maleficent's mirror. That story already connects Will and Robin Hood. Robin will likely help Will with his journey on this and maybe this story will unravel in a flashback not only what became of Ana, but maybe it connects into the Marian story and why Robin believed her to already be dead (the job he referenced because he was on that job with Will when Will stole the mirror).

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 11-14-2014 at 09:53 AM
Old 11-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Absolute Fan

It's hard to pinpoint exactly how much time passed between Alice and Cyrus' wedding and the 'coda' of Alice showing their daughter her book due to the fact that we know time in Victorian Land doesn't work the same way that time does in either Wonderland or the Land without Magic.

What we DO know, though, is that Will's presence in Storybrooke for Season 4 happens about a year and a half (give or take) after the non-flashback events of OUaTiW, which took place concurrently with the present-day events of OUaT Season 2.

Regarding the OUaTiW flashbacks, they were all set prior to Regina casting the Dark Curse, and we can specifically date the flashbacks in "Forget Me Not" (the episode where Will and Ana leave the EF for Wonderland, which I had mistakenly identified as being in "Heart of Stone") as occurring prior to those seen in "Lacey" with Robin Hood stealing Rumplestiltskin's wand due to Adam having stated so.

As far as Will having stolen Maleficent's mirror connecting to the story of Season 4 is concerned, the events that led to Robin already believing that Marian was dead had to have occurred after the events of "Lacey" and before the events seen in "Snow Drifts" and "There's No Place Like Home", and Will may or may not have been involved in them depending on when, exactly, he returned to the EF from Wonderland.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor

Last edited by DigificWriter; 11-14-2014 at 01:26 PM
Old 11-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Oh ok, well if Alice's home was not our world but another realm then that makes a little more sense because I kept trying to figure out how Alice could be from Victorian England when it was 2012 in Maine.

I also expect that Maleficent will tie in with whatever has happened to Ana and possibly what happened to Marian on the original timeline.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
What we DO know, though, is that Will's presence in Storybrooke for Season 4 happens about a year and a half (give or take) after the non-flashback events of OUaTiW, which took place concurrently with the present-day events of OUaT Season 2.
Ok that sounds logical but I'm not following how you came to that amount of time... are you going by the amount of time that has passed in OUAT time since the beginning of OUAT Season 2, which is when th OuatiW story started? (I hope that sentence makes sense, lol)

Quote:
Regarding the OUaTiW flashbacks, they were all set prior to Regina casting the Dark Curse, and we can specifically date the flashbacks in "Forget Me Not" (the episode where Will and Ana leave the EF for Wonderland, which I had mistakenly identified as being in "Heart of Stone") as occurring prior to those seen in "Lacey" with Robin Hood stealing Rumplestiltskin's wand due to Adam having stated so.
Ok, so Adam said "Forget Me Not" comes before "Lacey" in the OUAT time?

Quote:
As far as Will having stolen Maleficent's mirror connecting to the story of Season 4 is concerned, the events that led to Robin already believing that Marian was dead had to have occurred after the events of "Lacey" and before the events seen in "Snow Drifts" and "There's No Place Like Home", and Will may or may not have been involved in them depending on when, exactly, he returned to the EF from Wonderland.
Do you mean when he returned prior to the start of non flashback Wonderland events? (i.e., when he came back, was sucked in the black curse and ended up in SB where the white rabbit found him?) and not this current time that he's in SB?

Omg this is so confusing!
Old 11-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Ok that sounds logical but I'm not following how you came to that amount of time... are you going by the amount of time that has passed in OUAT time since the beginning of OUAT Season 2, which is when th OuatiW story started? (I hope that sentence makes sense, lol)
We know that Season 4 is in early 2013, and OUaT Season 2 would have taken place at some point in 2012 (most likely during the Spring/early Summer), so it's been about a year-and-a-half since OUaT Season 2's events in -universe. Incidentally, there is evidence to suggest that most of OUaTiW actually took place in between "We Are Both" and "Lady of the Lake" because there's a hole in the ground in the latter episode that looks suspiciously like the 'rabbit hole' portal that Cyrus and Alice come through in "Heart of the Matter" in search of Will's heart.

Quote:
Ok, so Adam said "Forget Me Not" comes before "Lacey" in the OUAT time?
Yep.

Quote:
Do you mean when he returned prior to the start of non flashback Wonderland events? (i.e., when he came back, was sucked in the black curse and ended up in SB where the white rabbit found him?)
Yep.

Last edited by DigificWriter; 11-14-2014 at 06:16 PM
Old 11-14-2014, 06:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
We know that Season 4 is in early 2013, and OUaT Season 2 would have taken place at some point in 2012 (most likely during the Spring/early Summer), so it's been about a year-and-a-half since OUaT Season 2's events in -universe.
Ok I think I'm fairly clear on the timeline then, lol, except.... are we still uncertain whether Season 4 is before or after Alice reading to her child that Will & Ana are (apparently) married? I guess that depends on how you interpret Adam saying S4 is after the "end" of Wonderland? Or would it have to be before Alice was reading to the child since the child is around 4 and not that much time has passed in OUAT time?

Quote:
Incidentally, there is evidence to suggest that most of OUaTiW actually took place in between "We Are Both" and "Lady of the Lake" because there's a hole in the ground in the latter episode that looks suspiciously like the 'rabbit hole' portal that Cyrus and Alice come through in "Heart of the Matter" in search of Will's heart.
Interesting!! I only saw a couple Wonderland eps and did not see that one. Was Will's heart found in the EF then?

Also, can the rabbit hole travel in time as well as across realms?
Old 11-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Ok I think I'm fairly clear on the timeline then, lol, except.... are we still uncertain whether Season 4 is before or after Alice reading to her child that Will & Ana are (apparently) married? I guess that depends on how you interpret Adam saying S4 is after the "end" of Wonderland? Or would it have to be before Alice was reading to the child since the child is around 4 and not that much time has passed in OUAT time?
There's no real way of knowing the answer to that question due to the fact that time in Victorian Land doesn't work the same as time in Wonderland or The Land without Magic.

Quote:
Interesting!! Was Will's heart found in the EF then?
Nope. It was found in Storybrooke. Alice, Cyrus, and the Rabbit come through a portal and find Will's apartment (which leads to some hilarious hijinks involving modern technology), and find his heart hidden in a hole in the wall behind a picture of Ana that he'd been using as a dart board.

Quote:
Also, can the rabbit hole travel in time as well as across realms?
Not that we know of.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
There's no real way of knowing the answer to that question due to the fact that time in Victorian Land doesn't work the same as time in Wonderland or The Land without Magic.
Is Land without Magic our world? lol

Quote:
Nope. It was found in Storybrooke in his apartment, he having hidden it behind a picture of Ana that he'd been using as a dart board.
So Will had it with him when he returned to EF and got sucked to SB?
And Alice & Rabbit were in SB again (after the time they came to get Will) some time during Season 2?

Sorry hope I"m not boring everyone with the Wonderland questions, but it does seem a mostly on topic figuring out when Will has been in SB?
Old 11-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Is Land without Magic our world?
Yes. That's been a known fact since Season 1.

Quote:
So Will had it with him when he returned to EF and got sucked to SB?
And Alice & Rabbit were in SB again (after the time they came to get Will) some time during Season 2?
The events of the OUaTiW premiere, "Down the Rabbit Hole", begin during the final moments of the OUaT Season 2 premiere, "Broken", with the Rabbit coming to Storybrooke to get Will so he can help rescue Alice. The Rabbit later brings Alice and Cyrus to Storybrooke so that Alice can retrieve Will's heart, which he'd hidden in his apartment in a hole in the wall behind a picture of Ana that he'd been using as a dart board.

Last edited by DigificWriter; 11-14-2014 at 06:51 PM
Old 11-14-2014, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will would have been in SB the whole time until Emma broke the curse. Then the White Rabbit broke through, alone, retrieved Will, and brought him back to Alice's world to help rescue her. From there, they all went back to Wonderland (Alice and Will had already been to Wonderland before, which predates the Dark Curse being cast).

Cora removed Will's heart for him a long time ago (during that first trip to Wonderland) but he later had it stored in SB where he was living. Alice & Cyrus retrieved it for him.