Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
The spell can't be broken by TLK.
Why not?

Quote:
Then quit contradicting me on things that are confirmed by the show itself.
I've said this for several times that the season's opening scene and the one right after SB's disappearance are contradicting. Emma can't refuse and not refuse to bond with baby Henry at the same time, and the latter one is absolutely illusional. That's what is confirmed by the show itself and you're the one who keeps denying it.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Emma and Henry will have both sets of memories - true and false - once the spell gets broken.
they'll have both memories, but KNOW one set will be false, much like everyone else that had been cursed in Storybrook.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
Why not?
See the events of "Lacey" and "Straight On 'Til Morning".

Quote:
I've said this for several times that the season's opening scene and the one right after SB's disappearance are contradicting. Emma can't refuse and not refuse to bond with baby Henry at the same time, and the latter one is absolutely illusional. That's what is confirmed by the show itself and you're the one who keeps denying it.
The memory spell Regina used on Emma and Henry is the exact same spell she used on Belle in "Lacey" and is therefore subject to the same rules, and we know Belle retained the memories of her few weeks when she thought she was Lacey in addition to getting her true memories back.

As for the other thing, I'm done arguing with you on that because I've said everything I can possibly say.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 12-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

The memory spell Regina used on Emma and Henry is the exact same spell she used on Belle in "Lacey" and is therefore subject to the same rules, and we know Belle retained the memories of her few weeks when she thought she was Lacey in addition to getting her true memories back.

As for the other thing, I'm done arguing with you on that because I've said everything I can possibly say.
I'm not sure if you mean she retained the memories of the time when she was Lacey - which is true because she actually lived those, so yea. I don't think anyone is suggesting that Emma and Henry will suddenly forget the year they had together

if you're suggesting that she retained her memories of being Lacey for 28 years or what not - yea, but she KNEW they were false. That's my point - imagine having these happy memories, and then learning it was all false. Yea,you still have the memories but you know they're false. (I think Snow and Charming talked about this - how they still remembered being Mary Margaret, etc - and retained BOTH sets of memories - but again, they KNOW one set is false - you can't keep two sets of opposite memories and think both are real
Old 12-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Quote:

What the hell does that have to do with Bell? Regina didn't cast any spell on Emma. She didn't do anything to her. When she undid the curse, the false memories NATURALLY filled in Emma's head. The whole thing is very simple, per se. Just imagine this: Regina had never cast the curse. SB had never existed. There was no "best chance" for Henry. And logically, in this make-believe "gift" to Emma, she didn't give him up. She CANT because the act of which was supposed to be Regina's adoption of him. If Regina had never been to our world, then that can't be happening. Emma can't keep her real memories unless she was brought to FTL with the other Storybrookers. She and Henry stayed in the real world, they've got false memories because they can't have experiences of living in a place that has never existed.

Even if it was the same spell, you are still wrong. Lacey didn't know who Rumple was and who Belle was. If she retained her false memories when her true memories were back, Rumple would be a man that she had only known for a few weeks, and before that, Belle knew everything while Lacey knew nothing. Rumple can't be known for a few weeks and for over three decades, right? So upon the breaking of the spell, what Belle has is a combination of Lacey's memories of the past few weeks and hers of the time before that. The same rule will apply to Emma. When she remembers, what she'll have is a combination of a false Emma's memories of the last year and hers of the time before that, specifically, from Henry's birth to the end of Storybrooke.

Last edited by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus; 12-20-2013 at 11:39 PM
Old 12-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
What the hell does that have to do with Bell? Regina didn't cast any spell on Emma. She didn't do anything to her. When she undid the curse, the false memories NATURALLY filled in Emma's head. .
no, Regina says "i can give this, what i did to them" or something to that effect. If Regina hadn't done anything, Emma and Henry would have their memories of SB erased, but also of each other, and thus kind of just be standing over the town line or what not like "hey who the hell are you" because Henry would not remember ANYTHING of his life, since his whole life was SB, and Emma would only remember up to Henry knocking on her door, essentially

So, to avoid having both of them be alone, Regina gave them false happy memories of their life together, which is basically better for Henry than not remembering the first 11 years of his life
Old 12-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG14 (View Post)
no, Regina says "i can give this, what i did to them" or something to that effect. If Regina hadn't done anything, Emma and Henry would have their memories of SB erased, but also of each other, and thus kind of just be standing over the town line or what not like "hey who the hell are you" because Henry would not remember ANYTHING of his life, since his whole life was SB, and Emma would only remember up to Henry knocking on her door, essentially

So, to avoid having both of them be alone, Regina gave them false happy memories of their life together, which is basically better for Henry than not remembering the first 11 years of his life
No, Regina didn't personally give them anything. It was her act of undoing the curse that gave them the false memories. Her words were just an explanation of how it would work.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
No, Regina didn't personally give them anything. It was her act of undoing the curse that gave them the false memories. Her words were just an explanation of how it would work.
i'll rewatch, but i'm pretty sure she specifically gave them that, because she says i can do what i did to them (The residents of storybrook, when she cast the first curse, and she even explains to Emma that the memories will be happy)

I DO agree with you about the flashback though
Old 12-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i'll rewatch, but i'm pretty sure she specifically gave them that, because she says i can do what i did to them (The residents of storybrook, when she cast the first curse, and she even explains to Emma that the memories will be happy)

I DO agree with you about the flashback though
What Regina gave them was a side effect. We think it was false memories, but if Regina had never dropped a town on the hilltop in Maine, they should be real because Emma and Henry had been living in a world without Storybrooke, and if everything had been remembered, it would be false because Storybrooke had never been there. It was a reversal, making the real things unreal and the unreal things real.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
What Regina gave them was a side effect. We think it was false memories, but if Regina had never dropped a town on the hilltop in Maine, they should be real because they'd been living in a world without Storybrooke, and if Emma and Henry had remembered everything, it would be false because Storybrooke had never been there. It was a reversal, making the real things unreal and the unreal things real.
but everything that has happened HAS been real - it's just Emma's and Henry's memories that are false

Storybrook WAS there, as were the events of the last 2.5 seasons - Henry and Emma just don't remember them, and the "town" is as it was before SB got there, so just wilderness like we saw in teh flashback from day one.

There aren't two timelines or anything......
Old 12-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
but everything that has happened HAS been real - it's just Emma's and Henry's memories that are false

Storybrook WAS there, as were the events of the last 2.5 seasons - Henry and Emma just don't remember them, and the "town" is as it was before SB got there, so just wilderness like we saw in teh flashback from day one.

There aren't two timelines or anything......
Bottom line is, those real events will replace the false ones - including the period from Henry's birth to the end of SB and NOT including the year thereafter in New York when they remember. I was just trying to explain. Everything I said is to make this false memories thing easier to understand and negate Digific's theory.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Jonathan, you really don't understand what actually happened at the conclusion of Going Home even though A) it was clearly spelled out in the episode itself and B) I've explained it to you several times already.

As for you dismissing my statements as 'theory', they're nothing of the kind. They're factual truth as conveyed by the show itself, and the fact that you think they're theory is further proof of your total lack of understanding as to what actually occurred at the end of Going Home.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 12-21-2013, 12:13 AM
Elite Fan

We watched the winter finale. What we disagree with one another is our predictions. You think Emma's false memories will coexist with her real ones while I don't. And you're wrong about the Lacey thing. Belle has a cursed self while Emma doesn't. You can't just mix them up. And the factual truth? Well, Emma drove the yellow bug across the town line, Regina turned her back to her and cast a spell that changed the color of the rolling smoke from green to purple, then SB vanished and Emma and Henry immediately got the false memories, that's it. It was not about what they said, but what they did. What Regina told Emma at the town line was her explanation of what would happen to her and Henry when the scroll was destroyed and Storybrooke was blown away. She just sugar-coated it by saying that it was a gift for them to have a made-up happy life.

Last edited by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus; 12-21-2013 at 12:35 AM
Old 12-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow you guys got through the last thread pretty fast!
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, and this one faster as to herald the 100th thread!