Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista_N (View Post)
Me too. Hopefully the writers will continue to write great storylines for them when they are together. They always seem to lose interest in the couples as soon as they're together.
Yeah, throwing distance in between, which is ridiculous. A couple won't get to know each other well if they keep being separated.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly. I don't want them to get together only to be disappointed by what happens when they're finally in a relationship. I'm not a huge fan of how the other relationships on this show are treated. I want something better for ST.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Don't want that either Jonathan. Sick of people being separated on this show.

Anna.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

They make such a great team. We need to see more of them working together.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

However, drama and adventure always come first, hookup and makeout are more like ramifications, so I don't have high expectations on any couple. My only hope is to cut the "shopping list" storyline (we need to find this to go home; we need to find that to get rid of trouble, etc.).
Old 09-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I agree with you both.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

I have faith in the writers' creativity. ST as couple is absolutely original without any fairytale canon or Lost foundation.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Absolute Fan

It's a simple fact of storytelling that 'happy endings' and peace aren't very compelling, which is why it's common for good stories to be full of chaos, obstacles, and conflict, so, as much as some people might not like it, Emma and Neal are going to have to 'earn' their reunion and happy ending, and are not going to have an easy time doing so.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 09-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the welcome guys

Just wondering but are you guys worried at all about the popularity of the Hook/Emma ship impacting on Neal & Emma being together? I'm concerned that in order to keep those shippers happy Neal & Emma will be forgotten
Old 09-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not worried about it at all. Hook does have a crush on Emma, but it'll be kept at bay and never going far out of control because Emma has no feeling on him. The last thing I'd like to see is her becoming a copy of Mistresses' April who, also a mother of a ten-or-nine-year-old girl, has been struggling between her "dead" husband and a new beau. And nonetheless, I don't care romance as much as the twists and turns which is what a good drama is all about.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:23 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylaForever (View Post)
Thanks for the welcome guys

Just wondering but are you guys worried at all about the popularity of the Hook/Emma ship impacting on Neal & Emma being together?
No. Contrary to what certain parts of the fandom want to believe, the writers have clearly established that Emma and Neal have a One True Love relationship, and, although there are certainly things in Canon that can be interpreted as supporting the CS pairing, there's not a single 'concrete moment' that unequivocally establishes the potential canonical validity of CS.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 09-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi TylaForever!

Quote:
Just wondering but are you guys worried at all about the popularity of the Hook/Emma ship impacting on Neal & Emma being together?
There are days when I am, at other days I'm not. It's a kind of flip-flop issue for me, lol. But in general? No. Even if CS does happen I doubt A&E will make them endgame. I believe that they knew from the begining of the show who will end up with who and they will stick to the story they wanted to tell. Popularity shoudn't play a role in it. Like with Neal being Baelfire/Henry's dad for example. A&E said that for a moment they considered changing it since large part of OUAT fandom guessed it early on but at the end they though "Aw, no! That's how we wanted to tell that story from the begining and that's how we will do it!".

Quote:
Hook does have a crush on Emma, but it'll be kept at bay and never going far out of control because Emma has no feeling on him.
That is one thing I find consolation in. Emma seem always annoyed in Hook presence. That will probably change in Neverland, I can even imagine her developing some sort of feelings for him (most likely non romantic), but I can't see her falling in love with him. Especially after those ILY's in the finale.

The other is that despite of how Bae and Hook's relationship ended (or maybe there is still more to come?), Hook may still has some fond feelings for him. I could actually see him stepping back when Neal come back.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
No. Contrary to what certain parts of the fandom want to believe, the writers have clearly established that Emma and Neal have a One True Love relationship, and, although there are certainly things in Canon that can be interpreted as supporting the CS pairing, there's not a single 'concrete moment' that unequivocally establishes the potential canonical validity of CS.
I've just been watching Second Star to the Right and I absolutely agree with you. It made me want to cry poor Emma! They were brought together by fate & they have a child together. I don't understand why people think Hook & Emma would work. They seem to forget Henry in this shipping of theirs. Can they really see Hook being a good father to Henry? Whether they like it or not Emma's main concern is Henry & I seriously doubt she'd want Hook in his life.

But aren't you worried about what might happen in S3 with them all thinking Neal is dead? Personally I wouldn't believe Emma would just have a fling with Hook while she's grieving but people seem really excited about the two of them being stuck on a shop together. I just want Neal/Emma/Henry family scenes!
Old 09-21-2013, 07:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarna (View Post)
Hi TylaForever!

There are days when I am, at other days I'm not. It's a kind of flip-flop issue for me, lol. But in general? No. Even if CS does happen I doubt A&E will make them endgame. I believe that they knew from the begining of the show who will end up with who and they will stick to the story they wanted to tell. Popularity shoudn't play a role in it. Like with Neal being Baelfire/Henry's dad for example. A&E said that for a moment they considered changing it since large part of OUAT fandom guessed it early on but at the end they though "Aw, no! That's how we wanted to tell that story from the begining and that's how we will do it!".
Really? I didn't know that. That's reassuring! I wouldn't want them to change their story just for the sake of a popular ship. It annoys me when they compromise the original plan just to satisfy shippers. I respect someone who sticks to the story they want to tell despite other peoples issues with it. And I just really love the idea that these two found each other, out of all the billions of people on this planet, the one who the curse was created for & the one who would break it.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love how positive you guys on thread are about the outcome of ST vs CS. Some people on for e.g. tumblr are getting really down by this hiatus.

Quote:
Personally I wouldn't believe Emma would just have a fling with Hook while she's grieving but people seem really excited about the two of them being stuck on a shop together.
I think it's mostly due to overpromotion. Media are heating up the atmosphere this year. Show will verify it tho. Adam calmed some people on twitter that it's he and Eddy who writes the show, not the media, so they shouldn't believe in all they say.

Quote:
But aren't you worried about what might happen in S3 with them all thinking Neal is dead?
Maybe a little bit. But I believe Emma will be quite busy trying to save her son. Maybe even to busy to mourn Neal. So where and when do you fit a romance there? Not sure why people are so exited that E&H are together on a ship. It's not like they are heading out on vacation...

Quote:
Can they really see Hook being a good father to Henry? Whether they like it or not Emma's main concern is Henry & I seriously doubt she'd want Hook in his life.
Let's not forget about Regina. I doubt she would be thrilled about Hook playing daddy to her son. Or wait! What about Rumple? Hook raising his grandson? Poor guy would completly lose it.

Quote:
I just want Neal/Emma/Henry family scenes!
Me too!

Last edited by Sarna; 09-21-2013 at 07:33 AM