Old 06-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Me too!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

Youtube Source: ~all that matters is what we do~ - YouTube

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-03-2013, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista_N (View Post)
The next meeting will be very different. No yelling, but a lot of kissing.
It would be a bittersweet reunion, sweet for Swanfire, bitter for Gold who would be predictably gone mad at the Charmings as if they've got him fooled, tricked and heartbroken via a dreadful lie like what Regina did to him with Belle being locked up for nearly 30 years.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
It would be a bittersweet reunion, sweet for Swanfire, bitter for Gold who would be predictably gone mad at the Charmings as if they've got him fooled and tricked.
Uh, they didn't fool and trick Gold, they stated what happened and it was up to him to believe or not Neal wouldn't survive a gunshot in a random land.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG that vid was so perfect!
Emma♥Neal
Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demileto (View Post)
Uh, they didn't fool and trick Gold, they stated what happened and it was up to him to believe or not Neal wouldn't survive a gunshot in a random land.
Just because they didn't fool and trick Gold doesn't mean Gold would still believe so when he sees Neal come back. Remember, the reason he found himself committed to their cause was to honor his son who'd been despised him. If he hadn't been told of Neal's death, he would've stayed in SB with Belle, full of happiness, no undoing. His life and fate could've changed.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Just because they didn't fool and trick Gold doesn't mean Gold would still believe so when he sees Neal come back. Remember, the reason he found himself committed to their cause was to honor his son who'd been despised him.
I don't see Gold holding that against them. He was very willing to believe in Neal's death because magic always comes with a price and that was a very fitting one for bringing magic to a land where it (supposedly) didn't exist.

Quote:
If he hadn't been told of Neal's death, he would've stayed in SB with Belle, full of happiness, no undoing. His life and fate could've changed.
Henry would've also (likely) been dead, so there'd be no reason for them to leave to Neverland either. More to the point, do you really think they could've kept this from him? He'd eventually start asking questions about his son - where he is, how is he, what is he doing - and they couldn't lie to him forever.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't see Gold holding that against them. He was very willing to believe in Neal's death because magic always comes with a price and that was a very fitting one for bringing magic to a land where it (supposedly) didn't exist.
What he was very willing to believe in isn't true, is it? Neal is lying on a random beach in FTL, unconscious, yet still breathing, and expected to be taken care of in good hands. What Snowing told him would turn out to be a lie if he found out that his son is still out there alive.

Quote:
Henry would've also (likely) been dead, so there'd be no reason for them to leave to Neverland either.
He would've been a dead man already by the swing with the tip of the jagged rock sticking out of his back. Don't overlook Gold's murderous thought.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
What he was very willing to believe in isn't true, is it? Neal is lying on a random beach in FTL, unconscious, yet still breathing, and expected to be taken care of in good hands. What Snowing told him would turn out to be a lie if he found out that his son is still out there alive.
No, it isn't true, but it could've been if Aurora, Mulan and Philip didn't find him. And presenting the facts to someone and offering what is seemingly the only logical consequence to that does not constitute a lie. It was Gold's choice to accept that Neal was dead after what he was told what happened to him, he could've have rejected that and tried to find his son again.

Quote:
He would've been a dead man already by the swing with the tip of the jagged rock sticking out of his back. Don't overlook Gold's murderous thought.
You missed the point. It was the Charmings' arrival at the nick of time that prevented Gold from killing Henry, and only by learning that he'd just payed the ultimate price for power with the news of Neal's death did he lose the will to go through with his grandson's murder.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Passionate Fan

All I want is for Emma to find her true love. This waiting is really starting to be a pain!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
No, it isn't true, but it could've been if Aurora, Mulan and Philip didn't find him. And presenting the facts to someone and offering what is seemingly the only logical consequence to that does not constitute a lie. It was Gold's choice to accept that Neal was dead after what he was told what happened to him, he could've have rejected that and tried to find his son again.
I know, Gold reacted emotionally, as every father would. Between Charming's statement and his own assumption, there's something certainly lost in translation, something that led to his misunderstanding of the devastating news from Snowing. Maybe at the back of his mind, falling through a portal means gone, while falling through a portal with a deadly gunshot injury means dead. Belle told him that destiny isn't always what it seems like. If he really listened to it, he may take Neal's survival and return as a miracle when it comes.

Quote:
You missed the point. It was the Charmings' arrival at the nick of time that prevented Gold from killing Henry, and only by learning that he'd just payed the ultimate price for power with the news of Neal's death did he lose the will to go through with his grandson's murder.
That's his problem. The inevitable price of magic has been haunting him as it brings jinx to the ones he cares about the most, making them pay for what he's done, which is more painful than hurting himself. If he had thought to the bright side without this burden, he would wait and seek the next chance to get rid of his undoing and make it look like a bloody accident.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I know, Gold reacted emotionally, as every father would. Between Charming's statement and his own assumption, there's something certainly lost in translation, something that led to his misunderstanding of the devastating news from Snowing. Maybe at the back of his mind, falling through a portal means gone, while falling through a portal with a deadly gunshot injury means dead. Belle told him that destiny isn't always what it seems like. If he really listened to it, he may take Neal's survival and return as a miracle when it comes.
Well, that wasn't just Rumple's assumption, but everyone else's as well. If not even Belle thought of a more optimistic outcome to Neal's fate in the finale, why should he?

But yeah, they'll all be overwhelmed with joy at the sight of a very alive Neal. Kind of why I don't want them to find that out until Neal blasts through a door to save them, so to speak.

Quote:
That's his problem. The inevitable price of magic has been haunting him as it brings jinx to the ones he cares about the most, making them pay for what he's done, which is more painful than hurting himself. If he had thought to the bright side without this burden, he would wait and seek the next chance to get rid of his undoing and make it look like a bloody accident.
OR he could've never even considered killing Henry. Really, killing your own flesh and blood, and a child at that? He could forget any chance of a happy ending with Belle and Bae if that actually had come to pass, that tops each and every monstrous acts done by him, Regina, Cora and Hook so far!

Last edited by Demileto; 06-03-2013 at 08:47 AM
Old 06-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Like the vid
Old 06-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not at all happy with everyone believing Neal is dead. No one could possibly know where the bullet hit him, he was well enough to catch Emma and while his chances to survive weren't great, they weren't nonexistent either.

Thanks for the video!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Yeah, I wish someone had doubted it