Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by someassemblyrequired (View Post)
I swear this website is possessed.

I ended up watching 2x08 last night because it was on TV (and of course now Mum had the strangest opinion of what I watch as she basically walked in when Snow White was doing opium) and I had really forgotten how gorgeous some of the scenes in that were.
Scenes in general or the Snow/Charming scene? Because that one both broke my heart and made me all happy at the same time.

x

So sad and yet so lovely.

Parents or friends or significant others always walk in at the worst time for whatever you're watching, don't they?

And yes, we've come to the conclusion the servers are cursed, so we're trying to find out who can true love's kiss them to make it better.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt, Cam!

#09 - 6
Old 04-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Scenes in general or the Snow/Charming scene? Because that one both broke my heart and made me all happy at the same time.

So sad and yet so lovely.

Parents or friends or significant others always walk in at the worst time for whatever you're watching, don't they?

And yes, we've come to the conclusion the servers are cursed, so we're trying to find out who can true love's kiss them to make it better.
That would be the one! It was just a gorgeous scene, although yes, depressing. They really do! I distinctly remember watching Asylum of the Daleks with two of my flatmates. The third, not a Who fan, came home to the three of us screaming about Clara and just looked completely mystified. Our attempts to explain it didn't help matters.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

That scene!

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream

Last edited by meraki; 04-05-2013 at 02:11 PM
Old 04-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That would be the one! It was just a gorgeous scene, although yes, depressing.
I had a tendency to pause that scene in 2x08 just before they tried to kiss so that I could pretend it worked - at least until 2x09 aired and Snow and Charming were actually kissing and were reunited.

x

The way they look at each other just before they try to kiss is super hot as well.

Quote:
They really do! I distinctly remember watching Asylum of the Daleks with two of my flatmates. The third, not a Who fan, came home to the three of us screaming about Clara and just looked completely mystified. Our attempts to explain it didn't help matters.
Trying to explain any thing Doctor Who related to people unfamiliar with it is like pushing a boulder uphill just as an avalanche is coming at you. I mean, the first time I read about the show I was all "whaaaa...?"

Certain things just make no sense without context and when the context is bloody complicated, then you're a bit out of luck
Old 04-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The way they look at each other just before they try to kiss is super hot as well.
It really is

(I WANT THE SMILIES BACK)

Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Those kind of looks lead to Tacos. Such a shame they couldn't touch there. Those kisses would have been
Old 04-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Those kind of looks lead to Tacos. Such a shame they couldn't touch there. Those kisses would have been
^Agreed! I was sad they couldn't kiss each other.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I had a tendency to pause that scene in 2x08 just before they tried to kiss so that I could pretend it worked - at least until 2x09 aired and Snow and Charming were actually kissing and were reunited.

Trying to explain any thing Doctor Who related to people unfamiliar with it is like pushing a boulder uphill just as an avalanche is coming at you. I mean, the first time I read about the show I was all "whaaaa...?"

Certain things just make no sense without context and when the context is bloody complicated, then you're a bit out of luck
I may have to try that. Thankfully, I had 2x09 when I was watching 2x08 (and I had seen the tacos scene courtesy of Tumblr) so I don't think I got the full emotional impact of it. They really are just gorgeous, I had a lot of "I cannot deal with their faces" feels about that.

Doctor Who, you just can't explain. Especially because you have to open with "The Doctor is a Time Lord from Gallifrey..." Definitely easier just to watch. I have to say, OUAT was a bit like that to start with. My friend tried to explain it but wasn't very good at it, i.e. she failed to mention the fact that there were FTL flashbacks, and I was under the impression that Graham/Neal/Jefferson/Hook/August were mashed up as two people because I couldn't tell the difference between them.

Eep. I just went searching for some of my eventing gear. Couldn't find my hat cover or my plaiting bands but I did find an extremely dead, dessicated mouse. I gave up looking at that point, I don't want to know.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Those kind of looks lead to Tacos.
Did someone say tacos?

x
Old 04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I may have to try that. Thankfully, I had 2x09 when I was watching 2x08 (and I had seen the tacos scene courtesy of Tumblr) so I don't think I got the full emotional impact of it. They really are just gorgeous, I had a lot of "I cannot deal with their faces" feels about that.
I had to wait a week for 2x09 and that was evil. (Though Norwegians had to wait months since the channel decided to have a hiatus between those two episodes.) It made watching that scene more emotional. It's easier to watch nowadays, so yeah, less emotional when you know how it turns out. But still brilliantly acted - their faces does a lot for me in that scene as well.

Quote:
Doctor Who, you just can't explain. Especially because you have to open with "The Doctor is a Time Lord from Gallifrey..." Definitely easier just to watch. I have to say, OUAT was a bit like that to start with. My friend tried to explain it but wasn't very good at it, i.e. she failed to mention the fact that there were FTL flashbacks, and I was under the impression that Graham/Neal/Jefferson/Hook/August were mashed up as two people because I couldn't tell the difference between them.
Yeah, explaining the premise of certain shows can be quite tricky. I think Doctor Who, OUAT and Fringe all suffer a bit from "oh, just watch it" syndrome when it comes to explaining them. But once you do get it, they're awesome. (Forget the FTL flashbacks? Oh the horror - those are sometimes the best bits!)

Quote:
Eep. I just went searching for some of my eventing gear. Couldn't find my hat cover or my plaiting bands but I did find an extremely dead, dessicated mouse. I gave up looking at that point, I don't want to know.
.... Ew? I only get dead mice when the cat drags them in, luckily. (And squirrels and magpies and what-not. The joys of having a predator for a pet.) Perhaps best not to start searching further then, yeah.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love the tacos scene!

Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow, I missed a lot of discussion. I'm happy that the servers are co-operating better now. at the discussion about trying true love's kiss to fix it!

Just letting you know that I finished the Look of Love Survivor and it is ready to post whenever we are ready for it. (Probably tomorrow early afternoon my time).

Also, I've updated the hall of fame post up to this point. I"m thinking that this last survivor may take us through this thread, and we may have a complete season 1 HOF post just before the 100th thread.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesequin (View Post)
Wow, I missed a lot of discussion. I'm happy that the servers are co-operating better now. at the discussion about trying true love's kiss to fix it!

It was someone who hacked into to the old serves. Somehow it was still connected with the old one and that is why the site went down.

Quote:
Just letting you know that I finished the Look of Love Survivor and it is ready to post whenever we are ready for it. (Probably tomorrow early afternoon my time).
Can't wait
Quote:
Also, I've updated the hall of fame post up to this point. I"m thinking that this last survivor may take us through this thread, and we may have a complete season 1 HOF post just before the 100th thread.
Let hope we will have that

--
I'm cold and tired, but I just can't go to bed just yet