Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Summer is my absolutely busiest time at work, especially August so at least work will keep me occupied but on the other hand, I will not have any fangirling to distract me.

Definitely hope Ginny does Comic Con this year. She was sorely missed.

I really do feel this season has been more about plot and less about the character development than past seasons. It's like problems are introduced then glossed over for the sake of plot. Maybe everyone will get significant development these last few episodes.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Summer is my absolutely busiest time at work, especially August so at least work will keep me occupied but on the other hand, I will not have any fangirling to distract me.
I have a pretty standard job that's pretty much the same year-round, so for me, the holidays make the winter hiatus so much easier to cope with. There's nothing to distract me in the summer.

Quote:
I really do feel this season has been more about plot and less about the character development than past seasons. It's like problems are introduced then glossed over for the sake of plot. Maybe everyone will get significant development these last few episodes.
Yeah, hopefully. I think a lot of characters have taken a beating this season, and especially this arc, that they all need some resolution.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

x
Old 05-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Gosh, I miss S1.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Definitely hope Ginny does Comic Con this year. She was sorely missed.
Yes. Though it was sweet that they had recorded her 'Skyping' in.

Quote:
I've often felt that OUAT concerns itself more with plot and then characters reacting to it rather than characters creating the plots, but yeah, this season that has had a lot of strong examples of it.

I think it might be too late to fix that completely for this season (they only have three episodes left and so many things to resolve it's bound to be rushed) but maybe S5 will be much better in that regard. I sure hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygirl (View Post)
I'm with you. I need to evaluate the arc as a while before I judge it. I can say 4A is my least favorite arc so far. Waaaayyyy too focused on Frozen. I want to watch the main characters.
Yeah, the Frozen thing just got too overwhelming in the end. I did like that they at least tried to tie some of the main characters into it and that Emma got a friend, but it just took over too much. There were some plots I would have liked more if they had executed them differently.

Quote:
I agree. Like usual, the writers focus on the drama and plot service while completely ignoring the character development that SHOULD happen from these plot points. Help me appreciate why the characters do what they do and how they evolve from it.
There is so much plot they could get from the characters they have as well. Look at all the unresolved issues and all the difefrent dynamics going on and there are plenty of things to tap into to drive a thousand different plots.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Yeah, the Frozen thing just got too overwhelming in the end. I did like that they at least tried to tie some of the main characters into it and that Emma got a friend, but it just took over too much. There were some plots I would have liked more if they had executed them differently.
I think the writers forget that people watch this show to see how different fairy tales will be INTEGRATED into this universe they've created. We don't watch to see a current trend take over the show and especially take up value screen time for the main characters. That's why people lost interest in the Frozen arc, and even the Neverland arc a bit.

Quote:
There is so much plot they could get from the characters they have as well. Look at all the unresolved issues and all the difefrent dynamics going on and there are plenty of things to tap into to drive a thousand different plots.
Seriously! There are SO many issues that have been pushed under the rug that should be addressed and that would make for great stories. Instead, they keep creating more conflict. Let's resolve what's already there before we bring in more problems.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

So Emma made up with her parents, and Snow and Charming helped Maleficent look for her daughter and tried to advice as best they could.

Chamring taking care of an injured Snow was very sweet as well.

Looks like the finale is giving us evil!Snowing, judging by the promo. Hoo boy.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Extreme Fan

All the pain and tears were so worth this lovely moment when Snow's head is healed by her daughter, and her heart is healed by Emma's forgiveness.

( yeah, it bugs me when Charming is ignored but the writere always state the show is about three women, and .... Sigh )

Emma was so sweet and tender with her Mom, so happy and soft- spoken. Lovely!

I am super stoked for Ginnifer to be portraying Evil Snow. How fun for the actress. It all looks awesome in the promo.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

The promo for the next episode scares me... they're so... well ones a slave and ones the queen?
Old 05-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

I loved how Charming took care of Snow after she bashed her head against the rock. I would've liked to have seen Emma acknowledge Charming too, but I think that she saw her mom hurt and she was more concerned for Snow. It has been Snow who has been trying to approach Emma to apologize, while Charming has been the one to hold her back indicating that Emma needs more time. Emma probably noticed that and she thought that she should talk to her mom first.

I am ready for Evil Snowing!
Old 05-04-2015, 06:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_my_Revolution (View Post)
I loved how Charming took care of Snow after she bashed her head against the rock. I would've liked to have seen Emma acknowledge Charming too, but I think that she saw her mom hurt and she was more concerned for Snow. It has been Snow who has been trying to approach Emma to apologize, while Charming has been the one to hold her back indicating that Emma needs more time. Emma probably noticed that and she thought that she should talk to her mom first.

I am ready for Evil Snowing!
She did need to talk to her mom first but they didn't need to cut away before she talked to her Dad, but it was exactly what I thought would happen in an episode called "Mother"

I hope they are both evil and Charming's not her mindless slave. I actually want to see them disagreeing with passion not her bossing him around. I am going to be hopeful that the promo was misleading and it's not Charming's heart (after all he doesn't even have one of his own) but rather some soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhRightTheConscienceThing (View Post)
All the pain and tears were so worth this lovely moment when Snow's head is healed by her daughter, and her heart is healed by Emma's forgiveness.

( yeah, it bugs me when Charming is ignored but the writere always state the show is about three women, and .... Sigh )

Emma was so sweet and tender with her Mom, so happy and soft- spoken. Lovely!

I am super stoked for Ginnifer to be portraying Evil Snow. How fun for the actress. It all looks awesome in the promo.
Yes, agree. Though I did rant about how this show treats fathers (and non biological mothers) on the Spoilers board.

Last edited by Austenphile; 05-04-2015 at 06:28 AM
Old 05-04-2015, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe we'll get a scene of a bit of Charming and Emma in the next episode. Fingers crossed. I get that it was implied that Emma was talking to him as well, but addressing him with at least one remark like 'I forgive you too, dad' would have been nice.

Even if Snow has his heart, it is possible Charming is a villain too. If they do make him her Graham, as it were, I really hope they're careful how they do it. But it's only a brief scene from a promo so far, so way too early to tell what it will be like.

Whatever happens in this rewrite, I am all for reunion kissing and hugging after it's fixed.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Is it wrong of me to hope for some Evil Snowing tacos? I am really hoping for Evil Snowing tacos. I was also hoping that Josh would wear the V-neck of sex that James wore in "Tiny"
Old 05-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_my_Revolution (View Post)
Is it wrong of me to hope for some Evil Snowing tacos? I am really hoping for Evil Snowing tacos. I was also hoping that Josh would wear the V-neck of sex that James wore in "Tiny"
Nothing wrong with wanting that.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

I cannot tell you how much I do not want Charming to be Snow's "Graham" with her controlling his actions. I have my fingers crossed that's someone else's heart and they are an evil power couple. Not the EQ and her minion.

Last edited by Austenphile; 05-04-2015 at 12:22 PM