Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2014, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

I'm pretty sure Charming both holds and cuddles Neal off-screen - we just never get to see it because the show is mean and want to deny us the double adorable that is Charming with a baby (And Charming holding both his wife and baby, grrr.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy_mermaid (View Post)
So what's the hiatus plan? It's about 3 months, there wasn't much this season.
I think we talked about doing a few survivors at least - there are several we didn't do for S3, as I recall.

Quote:
Also I'm pretty sure they'll get a 5th season but I wonder if they'll do a 6th. The ratings are not great, I believe the main cast's contracts are up.
The ratings aren't bad, though, compared to a lot of other dramas on the network and other networks. Unless they dip several, I think a 5th is pretty much certain. A 6th will depend on both ratings and how the cast negoations go (they're contracted through the 5th season, I believe), so on that one we will have to wait and see.

I'd rather have it end on a high note and with a planned ending than going on for longer and end on a cliffhanger, though.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
So what's the hiatus plan? It's about 3 months, there wasn't much this season. Also I'm pretty sure they'll get a 5th season but I wonder if they'll do a 6th. The ratings are not great, I believe the main cast's contracts are up.
I'm not too worried about it. Even with those numbers, it's still in the top 5 dramas on ABC. And I think the ratings will rise anyway. I think between bad timing and bad story, people quit watching live. Once also benefits from the half season arcs. Most people are aware the show resets every half season, so it's not unlikely they'll revisit it once a new arc starts.

As for the actors, I personally think most, if not all, of them will stay. They all seem to enjoy their jobs so much, and they all support and believe in the show so much, I can't see them walking. I'm sure they'll all negotiate for a raise, as expected, but I think they will stay.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

x
Old 12-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I'm pretty sure Charming both holds and cuddles Neal off-screen - we just never get to see it because the show is mean and want to deny us the double adorable that is Charming with a baby (And Charming holding both his wife and baby, grrr.)
Hahaha couldn't agree more with this.

Love the drawing thanks for bringing it, now we need the "let it snow" commercial.

Yes I meant their contracts were up after S5, but the ratings have dipped at least 1-2 million per season meaning by this rate in S5 they'll be down to 4-5 million viewers and a 2 - 1.5 rating. I think the biggest wild card is Robert Carlyle. I'm sure the cast love it and are happy where they are and I agree, I prefer the show to end on a high note and not overstay it's welcome. But I think the big factor would probably be the cast and creators in wanting that S6. I guess ironically the good thing is that the cast haven't really moved on professionally where they have a lot of other projects they want to do. I'm not worried just curious, I'm like 100% sure they'll get S5, unless A&E choose not to continue and even then I could see the studio bringing in a replacement.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Some season 1 goodies

source
Old 12-19-2014, 09:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Those are beautiful!
Old 12-20-2014, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

Did someone ask for "Let it Snow"?

Charming: Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.
Snow: Oh, Charming.

x

Quote:
Yes I meant their contracts were up after S5, but the ratings have dipped at least 1-2 million per season meaning by this rate in S5 they'll be down to 4-5 million viewers and a 2 - 1.5 rating. I think the biggest wild card is Robert Carlyle. I'm sure the cast love it and are happy where they are and I agree, I prefer the show to end on a high note and not overstay it's welcome. But I think the big factor would probably be the cast and creators in wanting that S6. I guess ironically the good thing is that the cast haven't really moved on professionally where they have a lot of other projects they want to do. I'm not worried just curious, I'm like 100% sure they'll get S5, unless A&E choose not to continue and even then I could see the studio bringing in a replacement.
No, the ratings for S4 are actually higher so far compared to S3. And S3 was fairly stable. (S2 was when they really bled live viewers.) So in that sense, they could manage to keep the ratings at about this level, but there are of course a million other factors at play for how the ratings turn out.

I could see Robert Carlyle not wanting more than the five season he's contracted to, but I do think they could manage say, a final season without him there the entire time, if it came down to that and everyone else was game. But really, we have no way of knowing what each actor thinks at this point. Josh & Ginny have a kid now, and probably want another down the line, so they might not want to be on OUAT indefinitely. On the other hand, they love working together, so there's that factor too.

I'd be cool with say, a 13 episode final 6th season to wrap things up.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Did someone ask for "Let it Snow"?
Me!! ah thanks miss cam, now it feels like Christmas

It's funny because I remember seeing BTS pics of josh and dressed like this during episode 1x11 and when the ep aired I was like where is charming? Also I couldn't figure why he'd be dress so princely if it was an episode with king Leopold. Bottom line I was confused, then this commercial came out and I was like oh that's what they were filming.

Hmm I assumed the ratings just drop, my bad. Though you're right they seem stay level, drop then level. It's not a constant drop. I would love a 13 ep S6.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Addicted Fan

IF S6 is the final season, I'm greedy and want the 22 episodes.

I agree Robert Carlyle is the biggest flight risk with Josh and Ginny behind him. I believe they'll either leave or stay together.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

I think Jennifer Morrison is more of a flight risk than anyone other than Robert. She left House as soon as her contract was over. I can see her doing it again. And there would be no show without Emma. They could easily do it without Rumple. And they could write Snow and Charmibg off into the sunset with baby Neal early but Emma is the real world perspective that holds the show together. I can't imagine it without her.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Was she a major character on House? I agree the show wouldn't work at all without her.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:18 PM
Passionate Fan

All the Snowing gifs are beautiful
Old 12-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygirl (View Post)
Was she a major character on House? I agree the show wouldn't work at all without her.
Yes she was one of House's original 3 prodigies. She was a brunette then.

Snowing in 1.04

Source

They both looked amazing in that episode.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:33 AM
Elite Fan

I love that brief glimpse of them in 1x04 - they're so happy and clearly couple-y. Though I wish we'd gotten to see even more of the two of them dancing. Maybe another flashback?

x
Old 12-21-2014, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

How beautiful!