Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygirl (View Post)
True! Though Charming could just claim he's a former fencing champion. Horseback riding through the streets of Storybrooke would be epic!
Bring it on in S4? Though needn't even be Henry. I would love to see Charming, Snow and Emma ride down the streets of Storybrooke while chasing some sort of magical creature they can't catch in a car.

Quote:
I think Regina is slowly becoming part of the Charming family. They have no problem including her and I think she's really starting to embrace it!
yes. For all her snark about them, I think she genuinely cares by now. Obviously, given all that's happen there will always be pain and awkwardness there, but they all seem willing to move on and make the best of things.

Quote:
Yes please! A kiss and some bump-caressing will go a long way to ending this drought!
Yes. Need something to tie us over until we get to the birth and all the drama and potential baby cuteness that might follow that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
LOL pregnancy changes you and sometimes not for the better. Yeah yeah welcoming in a new life and all of that but you lose something along the way and in Snow and Charming's case the pregnancy has made them too mundane and domestic. It would be completely different if they weren't expecting and that's what makes it all the more hilarious

Emma has a lot of qualities from her mom but I love when we get to see qualities from her dad surface and the similar reactions on their faces was awesome!
Hah, yeah, it's like when Snow was expecting she would help them track down Gold in 3x15 while nine months pregnant When pregnant, it changes your life in profound ways, but given they woke up nine months along with no memories of the last year, I don't think it's quite sunk in for Snow and Charming yet.

They manage to kick a lot of ass nevertheless, so I have full confidence in their ability to be quite interesting parents Very loving though, no doubt about that.

The Emma-Charming relationship didn't get a lot of attention in S1 or S2, so it's lovely to see it play out in little moments like these now. Reminds you that Emma is her parents' daughter with qualities from both Snow and Charming mixed together. I think Emma is starting to see that as well.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)

The Emma-Charming relationship didn't get a lot of attention in S1 or S2, so it's lovely to see it play out in little moments like these now. Reminds you that Emma is her parents' daughter with qualities from both Snow and Charming mixed together. I think Emma is starting to see that as well.
Yeah it really is. I always cherish what moments we get with Emma and her parents. At this point I really wish she would start calling them mom and dad but because Henry doesn't have his memories that kind of prevents that but hopefully come S4 or when the kid gets his memories back; hopefully we'll see Emma refere to them in that way.

I mean after all Emma is going to be a big sister and it would probably be a bit weird if she were still calling them David and Mary Margaret because the new baby would probably just be real confused and then start to pick up on Emma's habit
Emma♥Neal
Old 04-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Bring it on in S4? Though needn't even be Henry. I would love to see Charming, Snow and Emma ride down the streets of Storybrooke while chasing some sort of magical creature they can't catch in a car.
That would be epic imagery!

Quote:
yes. For all her snark about them, I think she genuinely cares by now. Obviously, given all that's happen there will always be pain and awkwardness there, but they all seem willing to move on and make the best of things.
And I'm enjoying it immensely!

Quote:
Yes. Need something to tie us over until we get to the birth and all the drama and potential baby cuteness that might follow that.
Yeah, give us all the pregnancy cuteness while she's actually still pregnant!

Quote:
Hah, yeah, it's like when Snow was expecting she would help them track down Gold in 3x15 while nine months pregnant When pregnant, it changes your life in profound ways, but given they woke up nine months along with no memories of the last year, I don't think it's quite sunk in for Snow and Charming yet.
I think that's an understatement!

Quote:
They manage to kick a lot of ass nevertheless, so I have full confidence in their ability to be quite interesting parents Very loving though, no doubt about that.
They'll be awesome parents! Maybe a little unique, but awesome nonetheless!

Quote:
I agree! She's got a little of both of them in her, and she's starting to embrace it it! She's even using it to her advantage!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I am going to bed now, Talk to you all later! .

Goodnight everyone! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 04-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Goodnight!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, give us all the pregnancy cuteness while she's actually still pregnant!
Yes, it's a bit too late in S4 - then we want all the baby cuteness instead

Quote:
I think that's an understatement!
Had to be quite the shock - in FTL they obviously had time to get used to it, adjust and get all excited about it, but in SB they literally just woke up pregnant with their last memories being of letting Emma go (again). So quite the conflicted emotions, I imagine.

Quote:
They'll be awesome parents! Maybe a little unique, but awesome nonetheless!
They're Snow White and Charming, normal is a lost cause

Quote:
I agree! She's got a little of both of them in her, and she's starting to embrace it it! She's even using it to her advantage!
She's really starting to, yeah. I hope we continue to see that, and that her growing bond and love for her parents is part of the reason why she decides to stay in SB (as I convinced she will).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
Yeah it really is. I always cherish what moments we get with Emma and her parents. At this point I really wish she would start calling them mom and dad but because Henry doesn't have his memories that kind of prevents that but hopefully come S4 or when the kid gets his memories back; hopefully we'll see Emma refere to them in that way.

I mean after all Emma is going to be a big sister and it would probably be a bit weird if she were still calling them David and Mary Margaret because the new baby would probably just be real confused and then start to pick up on Emma's habit
Having Emma refer to them as mom and dad in situations other than mortal danger would make me happier than anything. It would be a great indication of how far they've come, and I think it would be another step for Emma in embracing who she is.

But I imagine when the baby starts growing up, having Emma call Snow & Charming mom and dad might be a bit weird given Emma will be as old as them - then again, the kid will also be uncle/aunt to Henry, who will be a decade older, so maybe the kid will just grow up thinking that sort of weirdness normal
Old 04-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am okay with her not calling them Mom and Dad sometimes those words are not something an adult child can easily say who has been estranged however I just love the moment with them assembling the crib it was so normal
Old 04-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Addicted Fan

On the whole mom and dad thing, I'm kinda conflicted. On one hand, I really want Emma to feel comfortable enough to call them mom and dad, but on the other hand, I understand where it may be hard or awkward for Emma to do so. Really, I want what Snowing wants! That's where my vote goes!

Quote:
Yes, it's a bit too late in S4 - then we want all the baby cuteness instead
Exactly! We've only got 5 more episodes to see the pregnancy cuteness, and since the finale is probably jammed packed with who knows what, it's probably more like 3.

Either way, bring on the baby cuteness!

Quote:
Had to be quite the shock - in FTL they obviously had time to get used to it, adjust and get all excited about it, but in SB they literally just woke up pregnant with their last memories being of letting Emma go (again). So quite the conflicted emotions, I imagine.
That's for sure! I can't imagine going from 0 to 9 months overnight, or at least in my memory! Must be a crazy feeling then to have your daughter be ripped from your life again. I'm surprised Snow's hormones haven't gone crazy!

Quote:
They're Snow White and Charming, normal is a lost cause
This I can't argue with!

Quote:
She's really starting to, yeah. I hope we continue to see that, and that her growing bond and love for her parents is part of the reason why she decides to stay in SB (as I convinced she will).
I hope so too! And I agree, there's no doubt in my mind Emma will stay in Storybrooke!

Quote:
Having Emma refer to them as mom and dad in situations other than mortal danger would make me happier than anything. It would be a great indication of how far they've come, and I think it would be another step for Emma in embracing who she is.
This I agree with!

Quote:
But I imagine when the baby starts growing up, having Emma call Snow & Charming mom and dad might be a bit weird given Emma will be as old as them - then again, the kid will also be uncle/aunt to Henry, who will be a decade older, so maybe the kid will just grow up thinking that sort of weirdness normal
Old 04-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Sadly I've become sick (argh) so only stopping by briefly to post something shiny to hopefully cheer us all up.

x
Old 04-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Addicted Fan

They are so perfect! I can't take how perfect they are sometimes!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

Happy Easter to those who celebrate it - happy holidays to everyone else Hope everyone is having a good time.

And for those who enjoy that sort of thing, I posted a new Snow/Charming fic here or here.

Quote:
On the whole mom and dad thing, I'm kinda conflicted. On one hand, I really want Emma to feel comfortable enough to call them mom and dad, but on the other hand, I understand where it may be hard or awkward for Emma to do so. Really, I want what Snowing wants! That's where my vote goes!
I think Snow and Charming really, really want Emma to call them mom and dad - but be comfortable with it, not doing it just to please them. I think Emma will eventually get to a place where she's comfortable calling them that now and then, even if it's not a regular thing. She seemed really comfortable with them in the crib scene, so they seem to be in a good place.

Quote:
Exactly! We've only got 5 more episodes to see the pregnancy cuteness, and since the finale is probably jammed packed with who knows what, it's probably more like 3.
Yeah, and 3x21 and 3x22 air on the same night, so it will probably feel a bit like one long episode - hopefully one with lots of cuteness, at least.

Quote:
Either way, bring on the baby cuteness!
That's going to be quite the killer to watch, knowing Josh and Ginny have a baby of their own at the same time... I'm going to have to emotionally prepare myself.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

Loved the story miss cam. Super excited about this week's episode. Hoping for some more Snowing or Charming family goodies.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I think Snow and Charming really, really want Emma to call them mom and dad - but be comfortable with it, not doing it just to please them. I think Emma will eventually get to a place where she's comfortable calling them that now and then, even if it's not a regular thing. She seemed really comfortable with them in the crib scene, so they seem to be in a good place.
I think so too! There is a new ease about the Charming family. I think they're pass the stage of trying to impress one another and are just being the family they can be. They're unconventional, yes, but they're still a loving family. Hopefully, they continue to get more and more comfortable with each other, which hopefully will push Emma to finally call them mom and dad.

Quote:
Yeah, and 3x21 and 3x22 air on the same night, so it will probably feel a bit like one long episode - hopefully one with lots of cuteness, at least.
No complaining about a long episode! I can deal! And if there is a ton of cuteness along with it, I'm good to go!

Quote:
That's going to be quite the killer to watch, knowing Josh and Ginny have a baby of their own at the same time... I'm going to have to emotionally prepare myself.
Me too! Snow and Charming's story is like us getting a peak into Josh and Ginny's life. Both couples are basically living life the same, well, excluding being fairytale characters and having a 30 year old daughter.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think so too! There is a new ease about the Charming family. I think they're pass the stage of trying to impress one another and are just being the family they can be. They're unconventional, yes, but they're still a loving family. Hopefully, they continue to get more and more comfortable with each other, which hopefully will push Emma to finally call them mom and dad.
Yeah. I think they've settled into this friendship-parental-vibe with Emma that she seems fine with. From there they can build on that. Will be interesting to see when the baby comes, if Emma kicks into protective big sister mode - that could also help them become closer as a family.

Never going to be quite normal with Emma the same age as her parents, but unconventional works for me

Quote:
No complaining about a long episode! I can deal! And if there is a ton of cuteness along with it, I'm good to go!
If the birth happens in the last two episodes, we're guaranteed some cuteness at least - and if it happens before, we're bound to get some lovely moments with the baby. So I'm pretty optimistic about our chances - especially since we haven't really had a Snowing centric episode in this half of the season yet.

Quote:
Me too! Snow and Charming's story is like us getting a peak into Josh and Ginny's life. Both couples are basically living life the same, well, excluding being fairytale characters and having a 30 year old daughter.
Just a minor difference, huh? But this is the first couple I've shipped where real life echoes it this cutely, I have to say.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

can i add to list?