Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's such a cute gif and I love his answer.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Biblical names withstanding (and I do think they were chosen on purpose) there is too much evidence that Emma was conceived in a typical manner (in 3x10 alone) and not a prophesied virgin birth. And that is not even considering Rumple's comments in 1x22 and 2x9.
That's not what people were suggesting at all. What was suggested was that Emma may have been conceived on the very first night that Snow and Charming spent together, which, given what we've been shown, is not out of the realm of possibility.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 12-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
That's not what people were suggesting at all. What was suggested was that Emma may have been conceived on the very first night that Snow and Charming spent together, which, given what we've been shown, is not out of the realm of possibility.
I do not think most people were suggesting that. Just the comment I responded about which seemed to indicate it was a miraculous conception. But I do not want to argue when I have just joined the thread. However I do think from 3x10 they have already had sex before the conversation about starting a family that it had just been infrequent and had been a while.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I do not think most people were suggesting that. Just the comment I responded about which seemed to indicate it was a miraculous conception. But I do not want to argue when I have just joined the thread. However I do think from 3x10 they have already had sex before the conversation about starting a family that it had just been infrequent and had been a while.
If you don't want to start or add to a debate, try not to acknowledge posts that do so.

I can't wait until we get some promo scene's. Well I hope we get some.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Some lovely Snow/Charming fanart.

Not everyday Prince Charming is woken up by Snow White YOU GO ONCE UPON A TIME
x

I loved that as well - that Charming woke Snow and then Snow woke Charming. They save each other in equal measure

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays
Old 12-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm re-watching season one and the pilot episode kills me when she gives up Emma.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Some lovely Snow/Charming fanart.

Not everyday Prince Charming is woken up by Snow White YOU GO ONCE UPON A TIME
x

I loved that as well - that Charming woke Snow and then Snow woke Charming. They save each other in equal measure

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays
Thanks for bringing the art over. It is adorable. I also really love how they take turns saving each other and being strong for each other. Even with all if the fantastical elements of the show, their relationship is so real.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 12-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for bringing the art over. It is adorable. I also really love how they take turns saving each other and being strong for each other. Even with all if the fantastical elements of the show, their relationship is so real.
That's what I love about their relationship. It manages to have all the elements of a fairytale romances, yet feels so very real. It's realistic yet incredibly romantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I'm re-watching season one and the pilot episode kills me when she gives up Emma.
Yeah, especially with them having to give Emma up *again* in 3x12. Ow. Ow ow ow. They just wanted to be a family

On a happier note, different kinds of Charming!kisses.

#CharmAttack 101: Ways To Kiss A Girl
x
Old 12-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

I like that Merry Xmas gif set
Old 12-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Extreme Fan

I just realized I haven't posted in this thread yet.

Welcome to the new people (wave) and thank you for the fanart and gif sets.

Like others, I also love the equality of their relationship in that they take turns saving each other. That is one of the changes this show has made to the fairy tales that I really approve of. In saying that, they still manage to keep the relationship true to life and believable and I love that.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesequin (View Post)

Like others, I also love the equality of their relationship in that they take turns saving each other. That is one of the changes this show has made to the fairy tales that I really approve of. In saying that, they still manage to keep the relationship true to life and believable and I love that.
Faith and belief is what makes their relationship because of all they had to endure and be apart from each other, that FAITH
Old 12-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesequin (View Post)

Yeah, I agree, OUAT's done a great service to fairytale characters. I work for Disney, closely with character experiences. One thing we (and by that I mean my immediate co-workers) try to focus on is bringing out the strengths of characters who may not always been seen as Strong. Snow White (her Disney version) was of course made in the 1930's and so many people think of her as passive, not very independent, and a bit of an airhead.
Stories/fairytales mean a lot to me, because of my work, and because of how timeless and uniting they can be for people- So I always try to bring across her strengths: her resilience after almost being murdered, her ability to find a place to live and endear herself to others, and basically get the dwarves to do whatever she wants (clean, wash, etc), all while treating everything in her life with hope and kindness. These are not the qualities of an 'airhead' (though taking an apple from a stranger?? Come on, Snow ), and I'm glad the show has taken some of those good qualities and built on them. They've obviously added a lot to Snow and Charming's personalities, but they still feel like the classic characters that people love. The fact that they've kept that at their core while making a believable relationship between equals, in our world, is my favorite thing about OUAT.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Yeah, especially with them having to give Emma up *again* in 3x12. Ow. Ow ow ow. They just wanted to be a family

On a happier note, different kinds of Charming!kisses.
x
It's the way she holds herself together as Charming leaves with the baby and then when he's gone she cries out loud in pain. I will never understand that pain, but I get so many feels from that. It kills me.

I love those gifs!

Welcome back purplesequin!
Old 12-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buicklesabre (View Post)
Yeah, I agree, OUAT's done a great service to fairytale characters. I work for Disney, closely with character experiences. One thing we (and by that I mean my immediate co-workers) try to focus on is bringing out the strengths of characters who may not always been seen as Strong. Snow White (her Disney version) was of course made in the 1930's and so many people think of her as passive, not very independent, and a bit of an airhead.
Stories/fairytales mean a lot to me, because of my work, and because of how timeless and uniting they can be for people- So I always try to bring across her strengths: her resilience after almost being murdered, her ability to find a place to live and endear herself to others, and basically get the dwarves to do whatever she wants (clean, wash, etc), all while treating everything in her life with hope and kindness. These are not the qualities of an 'airhead' (though taking an apple from a stranger?? Come on, Snow ), and I'm glad the show has taken some of those good qualities and built on them. They've obviously added a lot to Snow and Charming's personalities, but they still feel like the classic characters that people love. The fact that they've kept that at their core while making a believable relationship between equals, in our world, is my favorite thing about OUAT.
You work for Disney? How cool. You're right about Snow White's original strengths. I haven't quite thought about her like that before, but she does show resilience and also seems to be quite the diplomat. Getting people to do what you want them to do without causing conflict is quite a valuable and often undervalued skill. Snow White (up until this show) was always the the Disney character to which I could least relate, but you've given me a new way to think about her, so I appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Welcome back purplesequin!
Thanks.