Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2018, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a great parallel between those two scenes.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the beautiful graphics and gifs.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Loyal Fan

True Love's Kiss

X
Old 03-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

Love that swooosh.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Loyal Fan

The iconic words "They Will Always Find You"

X
Old 03-11-2018, 04:57 PM
Loyal Fan

And they lived happily ever after....

X
Old 03-16-2018, 01:17 PM
Loyal Fan

The Musical Episode...

X
Old 03-20-2018, 09:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Nice thread.

Something that I've been reflecting on lately is the fact that Once is in the rather unique position of potentially being as influential for future generations as the "Disney Classics" were for previous generations when it comes to the majority of the characters who have, over the years, been designated, officially, as Disney Princesses (currently Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Merida and formerly Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, and Tinker Bell), with Pocahontas being the only character out of that group not to have appeared on the show.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 03-20-2018, 10:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Nice thread.

Something that I've been reflecting on lately is the fact that Once is in the rather unique position of potentially being as influential for future generations as the "Disney Classics" were for previous generations when it comes to the majority of the characters who have, over the years, been designated, officially, as Disney Princesses (currently Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Merida and formerly Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, and Tinker Bell), with Pocahontas being the only character out of that group not to have appeared on the show.

Yes i totally agree with you.Thanks to OUAT we have a new princess Emma Swan and even tought that the show is canceld it will remain a huge part not only in the history but as you said for the future generations.OUAT is the first show ever who brought so many fairty tales characters on one place.Let's not forget that this show is a family series and i believe it will live many more years
Old 03-20-2018, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It will certainly remain my favourite show for some time I think!
Old 03-21-2018, 10:43 PM
Absolute Fan

This has been bothering me over the past couple of days, but it's rather unfair and dismissive to describe Season 7 as a "spinoff" of Once because everything that happens in it is a direct evolution of the first six seasons even with the departures of Emma, Snow, and Charming and the move away from Storybrooke, to the point that the story they're telling couldn't actually be told, fundamentally, without what happened in Seasons 1-6 having happened.

Having said that, the season does stand on its own, as most seasons of any TV series should, but knowing the history makes it that much more enjoyable and nuanced.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're right. It's not really a spin-off and does stand on it's own. I also think the writing has been just as good as the other seasons. As you say though, the history behind it gives it a richer feeling in a way than the previous seasons.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:22 AM
Absolute Fan

Although there's a part of me that is saddened that we won't have Once on our screens on a weekly basis after May 18th, there's also a part of me that can't wait to be able to look at my video shelf and see all 7 OUaT DVDs sitting there just waiting for me to pick them up and take a trip back to Storybrooke and Hyperion Heights and reconnect with Emma, the Charmings, Regina, Henry, Jacinda, Lucy, and the rest of the gang.

Even if I haven't always been happy with what the series has given us - and I haven't - there's no denying that Adam and Eddy created a modern-day Fairytale that has succeeded far more often than it's failed and that I think will continue to resonate long after it goes off the air, for which I think they deserve the highest of praise.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Even if I haven't always been happy with what the series has given us - and I haven't - there's no denying that Adam and Eddy created a modern-day Fairytale that has succeeded far more often than it's failed and that I think will continue to resonate long after it goes off the air, for which I think they deserve the highest of praise.
I agree. I've had issues and still do with some of the storylines and their decisions but this has been a really, to me, original show, that people have loved passionately for various reasons and I think it has been very successful. It's one of those shows that I will rewatch in years to come. We've also had a fabulous cast.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I will miss this show, so much! I'm very happy with what we've been given. Most shows I watch are nowhere near as good, and I feel we've been very lucky to have this show. I also will continue to rewatch it for years to come.