Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2018, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

oh, absolutely it isn't a tragedy. It's just funny how we're all just waiting for his death.

It's been a great run for this show. Haven't agreed with everything and still would rather have had Belle one of the regulars this season but Beauty stands out as one of the best episodes ever. It's hard to put into words, as Weaver would say, how much this couple and their story have meant to all of us. Just so special. But I'll always be gratful to A&E for giving them to us, even if I've felt like throwing a pie in their faces a few times.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
oh, absolutely it isn't a tragedy. It's just funny how we're all just waiting for his death.

It's been a great run for this show. Haven't agreed with everything and still would rather have had Belle one of the regulars this season but Beauty stands out as one of the best episodes ever. It's hard to put into words, as Weaver would say, how much this couple and their story have meant to all of us. Just so special. But I'll always be gratful to A&E for giving them to us, even if I've felt like throwing a pie in their faces a few times.
Yep....
I’m thankful to ONCE for the gift of Rumbelle. Em wasn’t even supposed to be on beyond Skin Deep, so maybe I should think about that instead of being bitter that she’s not been in S7. I wouldn’t trade Rumbelle’s story for anyone’s - it’s been epic and glorious, even when messy - and I hope that we’ll get an ending that is the perfect wrap up - and which we can GIF forever!
Old 02-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

It's is.. But that's only because Belle is already dead. If she was still alive, no one would want Rumple to die and we'd be afraid of the finale (as usual)

I can't help but feel sorry for Gideon though. I hope he'll get to properly say goodbye to his dad, especially since he didn't get that with his mom. And I hope we'll find out he has friends and maybe even a LI. The idea of Gideon being all alone after Rumple dies is just too sad

I'm going to miss this show, but I'm also ready to say goodbye. It's been quite the journey with Rumbelle, and they will always have a place in my heart

icon by me
Old 02-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
It's is.. But that's only because Belle is already dead. If she was still alive, no one would want Rumple to die and we'd be afraid of the finale (as usual)

I can't help but feel sorry for Gideon though. I hope he'll get to properly say goodbye to his dad, especially since he didn't get that with his mom. And I hope we'll find out he has friends and maybe even a LI. The idea of Gideon being all alone after Rumple dies is just too sad

I'm going to miss this show, but I'm also ready to say goodbye. It's been quite the journey with Rumbelle, and they will always have a place in my heart
I would love it if Gideon had a vision of his mama and papa together, and they got to say goodbye, even if it’s in his dream. He was willing to take the dagger so that his parents could reunite - that’s how much he loves them. Giles told Em “see you soon” in a recent Instagram reply to her, so I’m crossing my fingers that he meant well down the line for finale filming.

I’m ready for the show to end, but I’ll never say goodbye to Rumbelle; there won’t be a day that goes by that I don’t think about them

Ok, I posted this in the spoiler thread, but:

Quote:
Rumbelle Happily Ever After

It seems kind of unfair that pretty much every other couple got to ride off into the sunset together after the reboot while Rumple and Belle (Emilie de Ravin) were tragically separated when she died of old age and he remained immortal. Before the season is out, we demand to see them reunited in the afterlife, even if that means Rumple technically has to die to get that happy ending. Bonus points if Baelfire (Michael Raymond James) is there too.
YES! To be fair, Rumbelle is the only couple where we got to see their complete HE, and that is priceless. However, there’s no way they could leave it this way and call it a HE, with Rumbellers having to imagine a reunion in the future.

Also, I would LOVE to see Rumbelle meet up with Bae in the Afterlife, BUT…….it would have to come AFTER an epic Rumbelle reunion. They deserve that time to themselves…….

Hmm, I wouldn’t mind seeing it play out like this: Belle is with Bae and she KNOWS, she senses, that it’s Rumple’s time and he’s either dying or has died. She tells Bae that she’ll be right back, and she goes to find/meet Rumple. They have the most incredibly epic, beautiful reunion, and then she tells him that there’s someone waiting for him….

Last edited by Betsybelle; 02-07-2018 at 03:46 PM
Old 02-08-2018, 02:58 AM
Master Fan

Yes, I feel for Gideon too. Frankly, I would much rather have seen Rumple's relationship with his son than with Hook's daughter as a surrogate daughter for him. And Gideon will have lost both his parents.

Yeah, I'm ready for the show to end too but I will never let go of this couple.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Yep

I so hope we see Gideon in the finale and then he sees his Papa again...
Old 02-08-2018, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, I feel for Gideon too. Frankly, I would much rather have seen Rumple's relationship with his son than with Hook's daughter as a surrogate daughter for him. And Gideon will have lost both his parents.
One reason I'm not sure I'm watching 7B (despite really enjoying 7A and loving Rumple's arc) is that it bugs me that Rumple always has these huge arcs or at least stories with non-Belle characters while he very rarely, over the course of 6 years, has had them with Belle. I admit, however, that I'm bitter about Em being let go and that colors how I feel.

As to Gideon, I love him to death, but I'm not worried about him. Everyone loses their parents at some time, and he had an amazing life with them. He knows that they will be together - and of course that he'll see them again

Last edited by Betsybelle; 02-08-2018 at 06:41 AM
Old 02-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Master Fan

I think Gideon was raised very well, with love and tenderness and that has made him into a wonderful man, and yes he will be okay. But I still feel sad for him and would much rather have had him in a story with his father than Rumple befriending random girl in woods.

I know how you feel, Betsy. If they had had more scenes over the years with Rumple and Belle and not separated them so much I wouldn't mind his having story with other characters so much. I still think it would have been better for Belle to have been a cursed character in HH and give her and Weaver a story. Emilie deserved the chance to move to lead character, imo, and they blew it.

But it is what it is I guess. I don't think they're using Rumple/WEaver all that much this year though so maybe it'll pick up in the next half or maybe he just asked for a lightened schedule this year? I know he's always had time off and hasn't been in every episode but does it seem like he's being used even less this year?
Old 02-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think Gideon was raised very well, with love and tenderness and that has made him into a wonderful man, and yes he will be okay. But I still feel sad for him and would much rather have had him in a story with his father than Rumple befriending random girl in woods.

I know how you feel, Betsy. If they had had more scenes over the years with Rumple and Belle and not separated them so much I wouldn't mind his having story with other characters so much. I still think it would have been better for Belle to have been a cursed character in HH and give her and Weaver a story. Emilie deserved the chance to move to lead character, imo, and they blew it.

But it is what it is I guess. I don't think they're using Rumple/WEaver all that much this year though so maybe it'll pick up in the next half or maybe he just asked for a lightened schedule this year? I know he's always had time off and hasn't been in every episode but does it seem like he's being used even less this year?
The thing is, I honestly believe this story is the best way they could have written off Bobby, Rumple, Rumbelle...and, in a way, Em. It’s EPIC - I mean, they have Eternal love, more powerful than Death! I desperately wanted Em back, but yet I think this is a much better story than yet another “been there, done that” separation.

Just to clarify, of course I’m sad for Gideon; he loves his mama and papa more than anything....

Yes, I think that Bobby has not been as prominent in terms of scenes, but he/Weaver has had his hands in most everything ...
Old 02-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

ITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Yep

I so hope we see Gideon in the finale and then he sees his Papa again...
Fingers crossed!

icon by me
Old 02-09-2018, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
The thing is, I honestly believe this story is the best way they could have written off Bobby, Rumple, Rumbelle...and, in a way, Em. It’s EPIC - I mean, they have Eternal love, more powerful than Death! I desperately wanted Em back, but yet I think this is a much better story than yet another “been there, done that” separation.

Just to clarify, of course I’m sad for Gideon; he loves his mama and papa more than anything....

Yes, I think that Bobby has not been as prominent in terms of scenes, but he/Weaver has had his hands in most everything ...
agreed
Old 02-12-2018, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

Happy Rumbelle anniversary - February 12, 2012 !

I will have a post later today........but for now, I love that Rumbellers have a day to celebrate our forever ship, that we will always treasure and cherish our favorites whether they are on screen or not. February 12 honestly feels like a holiday, and that’s so beautiful and wonderful….

By the way, remember this quote ?

Quote:
Love makes us sick, haunts our dreams, destroys our days. Love has killed more than any disease.
I’m just thinking now that Rumple has been without Belle for almost a decade. He’s not touched her or been touched by her…..
Do any of us really doubt that being without her makes him sick? Haunts his nights ? Destroys his days? That it’s slowly killing him inside?

Last edited by Betsybelle; 02-12-2018 at 06:50 AM
Old 02-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

Just watched Skin Deep again yesterday.

It still is the best episode of this show ever, imo. Followed very closely by Beauty.

It's even more poignant now that we know their future.

And I think the show has had some great guest stars but Emilie guest starring in that episode was just superb.

That scene where she's talking about bravery and he's just sitting in his chair, in awe of and in love with her.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Just watched Skin Deep again yesterday.

It still is the best episode of this show ever, imo. Followed very closely by Beauty.

It's even more poignant now that we know their future.

And I think the show has had some great guest stars but Emilie guest starring in that episode was just superb.

That scene where she's talking about bravery and he's just sitting in his chair, in awe of and in love with her.
Skin Deep is one of the best episodes of tv ever.....and it’s made even better, even richer emotionally thanks to Beauty and their entire arc in between (which isn’t quite over yet)...

Emilie was so brilliant, had so much chemistry with Bobby, that she almost forced Adam and Eddy to make her a regular - and I mean that in the best way. I remember Em saying at a con that A/E and Bobby were like “let’s do more of this; do you want to do more ?”...

That scene is my favorite in Skin Deep...and it’s even better watching Bobby gush about Em on the commentary
Old 02-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Happy 6th Rumbelle anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove
One of my favorite performances of Emilie on OUAT. She was just perferct So was Bobby, of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle
By the way, remember this quote?

I’m just thinking now that Rumple has been without Belle for almost a decade. He’s not touched her or been touched by her…..
Do any of us really doubt that being without her makes him sick? Haunts his nights ? Destroys his days? That it’s slowly killing him inside?
Given the state Rumple was in in EF2 in the midseason finale, I do think it has taken it's toll on him. Poor man

icon by me