Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2018, 07:39 AM
  #61
Master Fan

 
Seamstress90's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 13,233
I think those things only don't make sense to you because you're in a bad mood. Calm down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Rumple didn't know it wouldn't work, that's why he brought it over, he thought it would.. The shooting was the last failsafe, he can't predict things...



Indeed
Exactly. Rumple was never 100% sure the cup would work (after all, no object has ever been able to bring back anyone's memories in this show. It's always been either TLK or a potion). That's why he asked Alice to shoot him if it didn't. Bringing the cup just shows how much Rumple believes in his and Belle's love. I think it's beautiful.

I think Rumple's powers "woke up" when he was shot, and the DO magic brought his memories back when it healed him. I also think his last memory being the image of the chipped cup helped. So I'd say it was both the cup and being shot that did the thing.
__________________
"I would never want to lose the love I feel for you"
RumpleBelle

icon by me

Last edited by Seamstress90; 02-05-2018 at 10:42 AM
Seamstress90 is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 11:19 AM
  #62
Master Fan

 
Betsybelle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 12,096
I’m not in a bad mood - I’m honestly torn, and I honestly meant everything I asked. I also am perfectly calm - I just happen to have questions


I never said that Rumple should know if the cup would work; my question is why Adam and Eddy felt it necessary to show that the chipped cup was not sufficient to wake him, the implication being that the chipped cup was not a potent enough symbol of Rumbelle’s love.

I’m still seeking an explanation as to why Rumple thought Alice shooting him would wake him up from the curse. I don’t know how to explain that any other way. I don’t understand why he would think that being shot would break the curse. You may be right as to why it worked, or maybe there’s another reason, or maybe there isn’t any reason at all and it’s just a plot device. Either way, just because I have questions doesn’t mean I’m in a bad mood and I need to calm down.
__________________
You find goodness in others and when it's not there, you create it. You make me want to go back, back to the best version of me...and that never happened before.
Betsybelle is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 12:29 PM
  #63
Master Fan

 
Seamstress90's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 13,233
I really don't think that's what the writers were implying. I think they just wanted to show that Rumple was well prepared for the curse and that he still believed in their love. The cup not working doesn't mean it wasn't "a potent enough symbol of Rumbelle’s love", it just means the curse was too powerful. I mean, Henry, Rogers etc. don't wake up even though they look at their loved ones straight in the eyes. So why would the chipped cup work? It's just a cup.

I think Rumple knew that being fatally injured would activate his DO power and that it would heal not only his body but also his memories. I think it makes very much sense (After all, he's lived centuries with that power. He knows what it can do). And maybe he even knew seeing the chipped cup first could help.
__________________
"I would never want to lose the love I feel for you"
RumpleBelle

icon by me

Last edited by Seamstress90; 02-05-2018 at 12:41 PM
Seamstress90 is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 01:03 PM
  #64
Fan Forum Legend

 
crazy_diamond's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 293,374
^ indeed
__________________

RumplestiltskinBelle

True Love. Eternal Love.


crazy_diamond is offline  
Old 02-05-2018, 03:32 PM
  #65
Master Fan

 
Betsybelle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 12,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
I really don't think that's what the writers were implying. I think they just wanted to show that Rumple was well prepared for the curse and that he still believed in their love. The cup not working doesn't mean it wasn't "a potent enough symbol of Rumbelle’s love", it just means the curse was too powerful. I mean, Henry, Rogers etc. don't wake up even though they look at their loved ones straight in the eyes. So why would the chipped cup work? It's just a cup.

I think Rumple knew that being fatally injured would activate his DO power and that it would heal not only his body but also his memories. I think it makes very much sense (After all, he's lived centuries with that power. He knows what it can do). And maybe he even knew seeing the chipped cup first could help.

You're right - and, in fact, a friend of mine on Tumblr reminded me that Belle didn't wake up from her amnesia when Rumple showed her the cup.

I think your point makes a lot of sense - and I think I'll go along with that. Thank you!

When Rumple was lying on the floor, bleeding, I saw him squint....and I'd like to think he was seeing Belle then - or at least starting to remember

__________________
You find goodness in others and when it's not there, you create it. You make me want to go back, back to the best version of me...and that never happened before.
Betsybelle is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 03:54 AM
  #66
Fan Forum Legend

 
crazy_diamond's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 293,374
think so too..
__________________

RumplestiltskinBelle

True Love. Eternal Love.


crazy_diamond is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 05:27 AM
  #67
Master Fan

 
Betsybelle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 12,096
Just as an aside, even though I know Rumple is going to be fine, seeing him lying on the floor bleeding (what should be to death) is so painful. I mean, yeah he's immortal and he's going to heal, but that doesn't mean that he's not in intense pain.....he clearly is.
__________________
You find goodness in others and when it's not there, you create it. You make me want to go back, back to the best version of me...and that never happened before.
Betsybelle is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 01:23 PM
  #68
Master Fan

 
Seamstress90's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 13,233
Indeed Speaking of which, it occurred to me that maybe one reason Rumple gave the chipped cup to Alice was because he knew he was asking a lot from her and he hoped the cup would spare her from having to "kill" him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
You're right - and, in fact, a friend of mine on Tumblr reminded me that Belle didn't wake up from her amnesia when Rumple showed her the cup.

I think your point makes a lot of sense - and I think I'll go along with that. Thank you!

When Rumple was lying on the floor, bleeding, I saw him squint....and I'd like to think he was seeing Belle then - or at least starting to remember
You're welcome.

Me too.. I think seeing the cup did ring some bells
__________________
"I would never want to lose the love I feel for you"
RumpleBelle

icon by me
Seamstress90 is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 01:26 PM
  #69
Fan Forum Legend

 
crazy_diamond's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 293,374
Could have well been....
__________________

RumplestiltskinBelle

True Love. Eternal Love.


crazy_diamond is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 01:31 PM
  #70
Master Fan

 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16,677
Honestly? I don't think they were trying to say anything about the strength of Rumbelle but not having the cup work. I think they just wanted the drama of him being shot. It was a plot point.

On another note, I don't think I've ever seen a show where a lot of people are actively rooting for their favorite to die.
Belleislove is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 02:05 PM
  #71
Loyal Fan
 
IrishWristWatch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)

On another note, I don't think I've ever seen a show where a lot of people are actively rooting for their favorite to die.
I know, it sounds so twisted, doesn't it?

I can't wait for RumBelle's reunion!!!! SQUEEEE!!!!!!! I am so excited already!!!!!
IrishWristWatch is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 03:36 PM
  #72
Master Fan

 
Betsybelle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 12,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Honestly? I don't think they were trying to say anything about the strength of Rumbelle but not having the cup work. I think they just wanted the drama of him being shot. It was a plot point.

On another note, I don't think I've ever seen a show where a lot of people are actively rooting for their favorite to die.
Right, lol?

Just give me an epic Rumbelle reunion and I'll be happy!
__________________
You find goodness in others and when it's not there, you create it. You make me want to go back, back to the best version of me...and that never happened before.

Last edited by Betsybelle; 02-07-2018 at 12:23 AM
Betsybelle is offline  
Old 02-06-2018, 06:22 PM
  #73
Fan Forum Hero

 
AlwaysCB's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 50,828
This is it. I hope they'll show us their reunion in the series finale
__________________
d ♥ s
Juliana | Tumblr | Icon
AlwaysCB is offline  
Old 02-07-2018, 01:06 AM
  #74
Fan Forum Legend

 
crazy_diamond's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 293,374
They better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)

On another note, I don't think I've ever seen a show where a lot of people are actively rooting for their favorite to die.
It is , in the first few seasons everyone saying Rumple isn't going to die! and now everyone saying yes he's going to die, we want him too
__________________

RumplestiltskinBelle

True Love. Eternal Love.


crazy_diamond is offline  
Old 02-07-2018, 03:29 AM
  #75
Master Fan

 
Betsybelle's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 12,096
It helps that he’s lived 400 years and had 60 plus years of complete and utter bliss. However he dies, it won’t be a tragedy...
__________________
You find goodness in others and when it's not there, you create it. You make me want to go back, back to the best version of me...and that never happened before.
Betsybelle is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.