Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2017, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Here's what Adam and Eddy said:

‘Once Upon a Time’ Season 7 Recap: Belle [Spoiler] – Carlyle, de Ravin Interview | TVLine - Page 2

You can judge for yourself what they were saying, but my 'read' is that their reunion is going to take work beyond Rumple just freeing himself from the Curse of the Dark One and eventually, if not immediately, dying.

All dead souls go to the Underworld, though; it's just that you get stuck there, or did when it was controlled by Hades, if you had "unfinished business" from your mortal existence.
They also said that Rumple has to preserve his heart and stay in the light in order to be reunited with Belle (otherwise he'll probably end up being Arthur's lackey in the Underworld or something). So yes, I think he's going to have to do more than just find the Guardian and ask them to free him from the Darkness. In fact, I think the Guardian could be just some ordinary person Rumple has a close relationship with. A friend who helps him to keep the Darkness at bay (Alice? Henry?). And in the end Rumple's probably going to have to make some kind of sacrifice for them that will also free him from the Darkness (and destroy it?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal
^ added the list to the OP.
Thank you!

icon by me
Old 11-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
They also said that Rumple has to preserve his heart and stay in the light in order to be reunited with Belle (otherwise he'll probably end up being Arthur's lackey in the Underworld or something). So yes, I think he's going to have to do more than just find the Guardian and ask them to free him from the Darkness. In fact, I think the Guardian could be just some ordinary person Rumple has a close relationship with. A friend who helps him to keep the Darkness at bay (Alice? Henry?). And in the end Rumple's probably going to have to make some kind of sacrifice for them that will also free him from the Darkness (and destroy it?).

I could see that!

I took the quote as meaning if Rumple gets rid of the curse, he would become mortal and thus when he dies he would be able to join Belle (i.e. “to move on with Belle”). IMO, he wouldn’t have any “unfinished business” as he would have destroyed the curse by giving it to the Guardian and no one would take it again. At the beginning of “Beauty” he mentioned that the year that had gone by had been uneventful and peaceful and Belle mentioned that Emma, Zelena, etc had helped get Gideon’s birthday party ready, so I saw that as everyone living in peace, reconciled.

With Belle and Rumple living on the Edge of Realms as long as they did and Rumple being shown not using the dagger or performing magic showed me that he had truly changed and was the better man for it. The “price” for losing the dark curse previously meant death, as it passed from one person to the next, so IMO Rumple giving up the curse will mean death for him as well, but he is ready for this.

Will he be tested several times before this happens? I think we can count on that!

I am STILL floating from last week's epi!!!!
Old 11-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)

I adore their little house they built with their own hands. I always wanted them to go back to the Dark Castle, and I'm glad they did for a few years, but I just love that little house on the Edge of Realms. Beautiful.

And yes, he's lived so long, that I am actively rooting for him to die now, LOL. But we all understand why. That it's not that his life is being cut short. It's been unnaturally long and he's tired and most of all he just wants to be with his soulmate. I loved what either Adam said about how their souls belong together.

I also want Neal/Bae to be waiting for him as well. I never liked that he appeared after death only to Emma. He and Rumple should have had a scene as well, imo.
That was the Dark Castle ? The library ?I don’t think so...

I don’t think there’s a prayer that they’re going to the UW - Belle is not there, she’s in the Elysian Fields; they aren’t doing that again. I think Rumple will die and if Belle doesn’t come to him, then she’ll be waiting for him at the entrance to the EF.

I don’t think Rumple is going to have to make a sacrifice to be reunited with Belle; he’s now lived 60 plus years as a good man. The Darkness will be destroyed essentially when he passes it to the Guardian ...which then he will die.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That was the Dark Castle ? The library ?I don’t think so...
Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed it was. I agree I don't really see them going to the UW again.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

source
Old 11-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed it was. I agree I don't really see them going to the UW again.
I am curious as to where it was - that library was enormous!
Old 11-02-2017, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Love that hug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
I could see that!

I took the quote as meaning if Rumple gets rid of the curse, he would become mortal and thus when he dies he would be able to join Belle (i.e. “to move on with Belle”). IMO, he wouldn’t have any “unfinished business” as he would have destroyed the curse by giving it to the Guardian and no one would take it again. At the beginning of “Beauty” he mentioned that the year that had gone by had been uneventful and peaceful and Belle mentioned that Emma, Zelena, etc had helped get Gideon’s birthday party ready, so I saw that as everyone living in peace, reconciled.

With Belle and Rumple living on the Edge of Realms as long as they did and Rumple being shown not using the dagger or performing magic showed me that he had truly changed and was the better man for it. The “price” for losing the dark curse previously meant death, as it passed from one person to the next, so IMO Rumple giving up the curse will mean death for him as well, but he is ready for this.

Will he be tested several times before this happens? I think we can count on that!

I am STILL floating from last week's epi!!!!
So am I

Yeah, I don't think Rumple will have to stay in the UW if he can get rid of the curse without darkening his heart in the process

I think this is his final test; Is he able to stay in the light without Belle by his side? If he can pass that, he'll find the path back to her.

icon by me
Old 11-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Lovely.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
I think this is his final test; Is he able to stay in the light without Belle by his side? If he can pass that, he'll find the path back to her.
Agreed

Tumblr is like Rumbellr at the moment , so many beautiful gifset out there
Old 11-03-2017, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

There are so many talented Rumbelle fans. The artwork and the fanfiction is stunning. And now there is like 60 years of background for fan fiction.

Also, it's not many men who would have the ability to just wave a dagger and have a house built for them but as soon as their wife says they're doing all the hard work by hand, would just smile at her and throw the dagger on the ground and get to work. Now, that is a husband I would like to have.

I would love to read "Rumple and Belle's Guide to Building Houses."
Old 11-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There are so many talented Rumbelle fans. The artwork and the fanfiction is stunning. And now there is like 60 years of background for fan fiction.

Also, it's not many men who would have the ability to just wave a dagger and have a house built for them but as soon as their wife says they're doing all the hard work by hand, would just smile at her and throw the dagger on the ground and get to work. Now, that is a husband I would like to have.
Me too An eternally virile husband who thinks his wife is the most beautiful woman in the world even when she's old and gray (and physically like 25 years older than him ). Who's also a wonderful father and wears sexy leather pants (or three-piece suits) every day. Yep, Belle is a lucky woman.

Yeah, I'm honestly impressed by their building skills. I was so sure Rumple would end up creating that house with magic anyway

icon by me

Last edited by Seamstress90; 11-03-2017 at 11:11 AM
Old 11-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

I can’t post the photo right now as I’m on my I Pad, but with regards to the scene at Belle’s grave:

Rumple’s deep grief and pain, the kind you never recover from, are etched on his face and reflected in his eyes; you can hear in his voice, the way it breaks, that he himself is broken.

He never wants to forget Belle and what she meant to him, how much he loves her, and so he’s ready to move on and he with her, for all eternity. He aches for them, for their souls, to he reunited. This isn’t a death wish, it’s an affirmation of his love for her, their love for each other.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Agreed

Tumblr is like Rumbellr at the moment , so many beautiful gifset out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove
Also, it's not many men who would have the ability to just wave a dagger and have a house built for them but as soon as their wife says they're doing all the hard work by hand, would just smile at her and throw the dagger on the ground and get to work. Now, that is a husband I would like to have
I was gonna say "get in line" but there is already quite a long line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress
An eternally virile husband who thinks his wife is the most beautiful woman in the world even when she's old and gray (and physically like 25 years older than him ). Who's also a wonderful father and wears sexy leather pants (or three-piece suits) every day. Yep, Belle is a lucky woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle
Rumple’s deep grief and pain, the kind you never recover from, are etched on his face and reflected in his eyes; you can hear in his voice, the way it breaks, that he himself is broken.

He never wants to forget Belle and what she meant to him, how much he loves her, and so he’s ready to move on and he with her, for all eternity. He aches for them, for their souls, to he reunited. This isn’t a death wish, it’s an affirmation of his love for her, their love for each other.
ITA
Old 11-03-2017, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:

I would love to read "Rumple and Belle's Guide to Building Houses."
I loved that they built their house from their own hands and put their own stamp and love on it

source